Captain
# 311
03-17-2013, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enterprise629 View Post
I doubt I'd get an mail back. But I'm beginning to question, was this just a "troll"? Has anyone else had a similar problem? O.o
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. You will always earn 1star rating, no matter how good your mission is, or how many people will like it.

You already are lucky to have a comment. Most 1star rating doesn't have one.
Captain
# 312
03-17-2013, 07:06 AM
I would have to agree. Getting any kind of response is considered good, compared to the 1-star bombers who don't leave anything behind to be reported for.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Lt. Commander
# 313
03-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Update:

I got an email back, thankfully with some tips for any future missions etc, turns out my mission just wasn't for him/her and completely understood why I approached using "simple" dialogue now.

All is good!

Not long now until it's all over eh?!
Starfleet Veteran
# 314
03-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enterprise629 View Post
Update:

I got an email back, thankfully with some tips for any future missions etc, turns out my mission just wasn't for him/her and completely understood why I approached using "simple" dialogue now.

All is good!

Not long now until it's all over eh?!
Now if they had put that in their feedback instead of leaving it blank, but at least they got back to you which is good.

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Captain
# 315
03-18-2013, 01:53 PM
I've now completed all but four of the Foundry Missions (will have them all done tonight). I will post a detailed list of each mission's strengths and weaknesses shortly, unless there are any objections.

Suffice it to say, in general I am impressed with the quality of the missions that were made for the Contest. Given the 45 minute time restriction, 1 month mapmaking restriction, etc, in general the quality of these missions is terrific.

Granted, there are missions in this lineup that are irritating or boring to play through, but I'm sure that this will be a huge learning experience for those authors - and even the authors who have made great missions, or up-and-coming STO Foundry mission authors such as myself.

Again, great work everyone, and best of luck in the Contest!

Rihannsu
# 316
03-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
I've now completed all but four of the Foundry Missions (will have them all done tonight). I will post a detailed list of each mission's strengths and weaknesses shortly, unless there are any objections.

Suffice it to say, in general I am impressed with the quality of the missions that were made for the Contest. Given the 45 minute time restriction, 1 month mapmaking restriction, etc, in general the quality of these missions is terrific.

Granted, there are missions in this lineup that are irritating or boring to play through, but I'm sure that this will be a huge learning experience for those authors - and even the authors who have made great missions, or up-and-coming STO Foundry mission authors such as myself.

Again, great work everyone, and best of luck in the Contest!
Looking forward to reading your after-action report, SD. I'll try to do the same if time permits.
Starfleet Veteran
# 317
03-18-2013, 04:44 PM
It is crunch time isn't it, I look forward to your observations as well. I think everyone here is looking forward to any input what so ever.
Captain
# 318
03-19-2013, 05:24 AM
Damn, didn't get to finish them all, got one done only. Will finish tonight - since voting day is tomorrow.

And keep in mind, my reviews won't be picking your missions apart, it's just a short paragraph or two (or three).

Survivor of Romulus
# 319
03-19-2013, 01:57 PM
I wonder... did any of you guys finished the mission S.A.R.?

EDIT: I dropped it after learning that after 12 Devidians I have to fight 16 Tholians... Sorry. This mission was far away from beeing fun.
http://www.directupload.net/index.php?mode=upload

Last edited by naharikajal; 03-19-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Captain
# 320
03-19-2013, 02:31 PM
I've read via reviews that combat is pretty much the basis for that mission. I nevertheless must play through as much of it as I can... *shivers*