Career Officer
Just done an elite STF. (Infected Space Elite). Mission went pretty good, considering the fact that we had only four players. Too bad I can't name any players here, cause those people who simply join a mission and fly to a distance of 180 km in their Cardassian Galor should be known to everyone.

I reported the player, took a screenshot to have some evidence, but I guess nothing will be done. Has there actually been any feedback from the developers if they're going to do something about this?
Starfleet Veteran
# 1772
03-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risian5 View Post
I reported the player, took a screenshot to have some evidence, but I guess nothing will be done. Has there actually been any feedback from the developers if they're going to do something about this?
That's just a common Farmer. It doesn't do any good to report them because they are just too common. Put them on ignore when you are irritated by one and you won't have to deal with him in an STF again.

Reporting people because they Farm or just do an STF wrong is a joke at best. What's needed is the Kick like what we used to have before STF's but if you kicked someone back then you had to go recruit another player. The current system works (Somewhat) if the rest of the team is good. When you have two or more Farmers or bad players or a bunch of Rainbow/Technicolor beam boats you're just SOL.
Captain
# 1773
03-18-2013, 04:45 PM
I just want to apologize to two players in a normal STF I just ran. A friend and I ran ISN as a training run for the friend, and halfway through, something happened while taking out the second generator. We both disconnected, and even though I promptly relogged and beamed up as the same character, the game dumped me at ESD. I found out my friend experienced the same thing and was dumped to ESD also.

Sorry guys. You two were doing fine.

(And to the third person, Technicolor beams aren't appreciated...)

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Rihannsu
# 1774
03-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
you honestly think that'll stop anyone from using them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Commander
# 1775
03-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post
Put them on ignore when you are irritated by one and you won't have to deal with him in an STF again.
Sadly, it doesn't work like that. If you put someone on ignore, that person will be effectively muted (for your private use). However, its still possible to meet that person in a public queue. I could use a certain player's nickname here, he is a particularly well-equipped afker, I stumbled upon him in more than 3 cases despite having him on my ignore list.

And yes, I was disappointed by that. Severely.
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
Captain
# 1776
03-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Not really. I just wanted to answer the inevitable question of "wait, you a0dn a friend and two others... where's the 5th person?)

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Captain
# 1777
03-18-2013, 05:54 PM
I just did a KASE where I blew up the 4 generators, Cube, and transformer on the one side of one gate while another person was working solo on the other side (and had already spawned their cube before I did mine).

By the time I finished killing the one transformer, one of the people doing probes had already let 2 through. Oh well, it's a pug, so I don't get the optional. I don't get mad or anything over that. And, as none of the other transformers have been blown up, I figure we don't really have the dps to make the timer anyway.

So, I head over to the other side, which still has two transformer up, to help out. By this point in time, one of the people on that side have moved over, so I'm on the side with 2 live transformers, the probe killer for that side, and me, that's it. The other 3 are over on the side with just 1 transformer left. The probe killer and I manage to take out both transformers. I glance over at the other side, which still has 3 people on it, so I figure they're good and start firing at the gate. The gate's down to 50%, I look over, and there's still 3 people on that side, and the one transformer that I didn't kill on that side is STILL UP.

The run took 45 minutes.

Quote:
Seeing as how I can generally out dps the average random pugs in elite STFs even when I'm in my Galaxy-R cruiser, I'm sorely tempted to put together a ship with as many different color beams as possible, but do everything else right.

Alas, the main thing stopping me is that I'm sure people would call me a noob anyway, even though I'd most likely be out dpsing them, and definitely contributing my fair share, and it isn't exactly easy to take screenshots of ACT combat parses, upload them, link them in chat, and get them to look at it, all before the party breaks up after the STF ends. :p
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Rihannsu
# 1778
03-18-2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
Seeing as how I can generally out dps the average random pugs in elite STFs even when I'm in my Galaxy-R cruiser, I'm sorely tempted to put together a ship with as many different color beams as possible, but do everything else right.

Alas, the main thing stopping me is that I'm sure people would call me a noob anyway, even though I'd most likely be out dpsing them, and definitely contributing my fair share, and it isn't exactly easy to take screenshots of ACT combat parses, upload them, link them in chat, and get them to look at it, all before the party breaks up after the STF ends. :p
you'd be proving a point, so being called a noob then wouldn't really be that big of a deal, no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Captain
# 1779
03-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Not to burst your bubble, but I believe you can get much more rewards than that. I've gotten multiple BNPs on Normal, simply because my ship deals so much more damage compared to the "Technicolor" boats.
BNPs drop rate is determined by a random number generator, it has nothing to do with dps. The only place where dps matters is in fleet actions, that influences what kind of items that will drop, which you can sell for ec. Fleet actions will be the death of tanks and sci roles.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Fear the KDF!
Ensign
# 1780 Worst STF that I can recall
03-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Worst STF in that I can clearly recall, was a PuG (Pick up Group) run when the private channel I was in was a bit lacking in groups. I was in a Khitomer Space Elite, in my Caitian Carrier, I went left probes after the tactical cube. Two of the players in the match flew off to right side after the tactical cube, and past the gate, to float out in the middle of nowhere, apparantly claiming that they were in TeamSpeak during a scheduled fleet meeting, and needed to focus on that, and they didn't want to quit the STF because they wouldn't get credit for doing it. The other two in the group went to the same side as myself, and started on the left generators. When it was apparant that the formerly mentioned two were practically afk, one of the two on the left side went to guard right side probes, but at that point we lost the optional. The one who stayed on generators started swearing, threatening to report us all, whined about how we 're going to lose, and rage quit. Following this, the guy on right side probes decided to just let them to the portal, and after 6 or 7 more passed through, the two afk guys started complaining that we were screwing up, and ruining the game for THEM, and costing them not only the optional, but the marks and processors if the game ended prematurely. Shorting after their whining, the game ended in a mission failure. I remember this so vividly because it is the only time that I've been in a failed Khitomer Space. I was personally in a Heal/CC build, so I could hold back probes, and I was relying on my Fighters for dps. I know I wasn't gonna handle probes and generators, so I settled for the loss.