Captain
Something is wrong with the Foundry editor lately.

I've tried to load my up-and-coming mission, and the usual "Waiting for editing server, Patching foundry updates" message pops up... however, this box never goes away. I've been waiting up to ten minutes straight with no completion.

This mission has virtually no costumes, story, and only one map, which doesn't have more than 150 objects on it.

It also affects any running songs in iTunes, as the whole iTunes GUI freezes up and nothing can be selected or otherwise interacted with.

What is going on this time, Cryptic?

EDIT: Mission name: ST-HQ6XCVPTE (Unpublished)

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
IMO: Season 9 was the best season, Devs were right to focus on bugfixing. Roll back Delta Rising to that.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
03-18-2013, 11:44 AM
It sounds like it's a network lag and/or memory shortage issue, but I'm not qualified to say for sure. I suggest checking your available memory, both before and after launching the game, as well as checking your internet speed. If those are both good and the problem persists you'll need to contact customer service.
Captain
# 3
03-18-2013, 05:07 PM
I am also experiencing this today for the first time. It is stuck on "waiting..." I have no other network or ram issues while playing sto.

I will try to restart my computer.

Edit: after a full restart, I am still stuck on the loading screen. 4 minutes have now passed. The foundry is still responsive. For example, I can click cancel, which logs me out of sto.

Edit Edit: After about 5 minutes, "Timeout while waiting for Game Server Address."

Last edited by kirksplat; 03-18-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Captain
# 4
03-18-2013, 05:36 PM
I have tried rebooting the modem, which seems to correct the problem.

However, this is quickly becoming an issue with this game alone, I frequently need to reboot the modem to clear up Server Not Responding issues. It doesn't help that Cryptic's already screwed up servers are mixing up whether the issues come from Cryptic, or from my home internet connection.

IMO: Season 9 was the best season, Devs were right to focus on bugfixing. Roll back Delta Rising to that.
Captain
# 5
03-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
I have tried rebooting the modem, which seems to correct the problem.

However, this is quickly becoming an issue with this game alone, I frequently need to reboot the modem to clear up Server Not Responding issues. It doesn't help that Cryptic's already screwed up servers are mixing up whether the issues come from Cryptic, or from my home internet connection.
Thanks, I'll try that.

Edit: Ok, rebooting modem did not work. My network seems fine. I can run around in ESD while simultaneosly playing netflix on my TV and two different smart phones. But, I can't load a Foundry project. Ram is fine.

Last edited by kirksplat; 03-18-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Lieutenant
# 6
03-18-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm having trouble with this too today. I am trying to make a new project and its stuck on waiting screen. It creates the Mission, but it won't be delete the project. It eventually times ouit with a message unable to connect to Game Address.

Last edited by varzec; 03-18-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Lieutenant
# 7
03-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Here's my error message:

"GS shutting down before getting to ready state."

same symptoms as the previous posters, though (trying to open a mission in the editor results in some kind of time out).
Career Officer
# 8
03-18-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kineticimpulser View Post
Here's my error message:

"GS shutting down before getting to ready state."

same symptoms as the previous posters, though (trying to open a mission in the editor results in some kind of time out).
I just saw this too. Then when I logged back in as another toon I got a message that they'd soon be bringing down the shard for maintenance. I wonder if that means they've found the problem and are about to attempt a fix.
Captain
# 9
03-19-2013, 06:26 AM
Anyone know if the Foundry is running smooth again? I heard rumors that the emergency patch last night may have addressed these issues.

Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
03-19-2013, 11:09 AM
There was a hardware problem discovered yesterday that may have been the culprit with the Foundry. Hopefully that will improve soon.