Career Officer
# 31
03-19-2013, 03:59 AM
Sometimes, to win a war, you got to scrub the toilets.

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Captain
# 32
03-19-2013, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
And it doesn't bother anyone else that the mighty, warlike Klingon Empire and "hoighty-toighty" Federation are reduced to tagging groundhogs for the Romulans?
It bothers me, for certain. This 'war' with the Federation is a joke, it's more like a cold war with skirmishing. I have trouble believing the KDF doesn't have the resources to crush the tattered remnants of the Romulan Empire, or at least annex part of it.

This 'making nice' with Romulans makes me sick. I want no part of it.
Captain
# 33
03-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
...then I'm game about attacking Earth, western U.S. to be more precise. For that Cryptic would have to pay!

BTW I see what you did there, tancrediiv!

Oh, come on, I've been looking for a way to kill Sela ever since I joined STO. It's my single most hated character in the whole Trek universe.
I know that the Duras are nothing more than treacherous targs and J'mpok being their petaQ pawn, but if they allign the KDF with Sela, this is one warrior that will defect to Starfleet. I'm with anyone that goes after her, hell even the Ferengi if they're up for it!
But really, if Sela becomes ally of the KDF it is game over for me on the red side, I'll wake up my Andorian and go blue. I couldn't bare working or cooperating with Sela.
I already bought a ranch and vineyard on Earth in the western US. The petaQs do not even know yet from where I shall strike. The land and the weak minded Earth fools will make Bloodwine for my warriors and wealth for House Korvas! Qapla'!

First Sela will die. The Romulans will be smashed. The Legendary leaders of our glorious raid on Mars will own the fertile lands of Earth. And Shakespeare shall only be spoken in the original Klingon.
Just say no to ARC
Captain
# 34
03-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Oh, and for the record and to be on topic with this thread, I'm down for blowing apart Romulan ships as a KDF player. And if it ever does come down to the Romulans as a 3rd faction when it comes down to PVP, alot of the Feds are going to howl. Mark my words on that! You think they complain about Klingon cloaks right now? If things are done right, the Romulans will be far worse. It was the Romulans that developed cloaks to begin with, it was the Romulans that traded that technology to the Klingons, and it is the Romulans that kept on developing more and more advanced versions, i.e. the cloak on the Scimitar.

And I also love it that on New Romulus, the "New Romulan Empire" is handing out cutting edge Romulan military technology (Rep Gear) to their longtime rivals, the Federation, and to their longtime, blood enemies, the Klingons. I know they're desperate, but LOL
Captain
# 35
03-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirtthefirst View Post
Not a starship captain.

Sounds like a job for a DOFF mission.
Empire Veteran
# 36
03-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
I am loving the potential of a three faction game... So much potentials for stories, rivalries and pvp stuff...
You mean what KDF doesn't have? *laughs*
"Don't Say A Word" About The Empire!
It DOES Need Attention
We Don't Whine, We Bring Up Issues On A Firm Stand

Captain
# 37
03-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Starships have toilets ?
I thought it was a suction hose and 3 seashells. Who knew.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Community Moderator
# 38
03-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
This 'making nice' with Romulans makes me sick. I want no part of it.
I'll admit this part has always struck me as incongruous.

Sure I can see Starfleet making nice with the Romulans. It's what they do.

But what does the KDF really get out of it?

The rationale we're given in game is that the Klingons are worried that the Federation and the Romulans will unite. So, to prevent the Federation from getting the inside track on an alliance, the Klingon Empire will also lend a helping hand to the Romulans and generate some goodwill of their own.

Sounds reasonable, sure. But it's not the Klingon Way.

"Convince your enemy to like you??? That's your plan???"

Klingons aren't going to simply ignore the fact that they have been on the wrong end of Romulan treachery before, and Klingons are definitely more than capable of holding a grudge. They are, however, also capable of being "sneaky" about being adversarial.

I would expect every interaction with the Romulans to at least allude to the ideas that:

1. The Klingon is always looking for the poison dagger behind the Romulan's back.

2. The Klingon is always looking for a sign of weakness to be exploited.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Empire Veteran
# 39
03-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Considering we KDF faction players know from the PT2409 we where at odds with the remnants of the RSE and the federation because of raids to reclaim old systems, I had hoped for a tie under that same storyline.
It would work with the Sto backstory and be a different way of playing.

Instead Im KDF redcross and habitat for Romulanity.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Empire Veteran
# 40
03-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Starships have toilets ?
I thought it was a suction hose and 3 seashells. Who knew.
Wait what? You know how to work the three sea shells?

Ive just using a corner and blaiming it on the targs.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP