Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1restarter
Im all for reducing the cutscenes. Its not about quantity you know.
Hint for Cryptic. The time invested for 2 or 3 cutscenes could be used for another PvP map. You know those which have been neglected since start.
The time invested in most of the cutscenes so far could be spent throwing a drunken party in the office and it'd still have been better used.

The only episodes so far that I feel used cutscenes properly, sparingly, and effectively are the Romulan featured eps. And even then, I consider Frozen an exception, because there's no reason to have such a delayed reaction to the warbird's appearance and that 'combat' sequence is about as interesting and energetic as watching grass grow.

I agree with the OP, and I know that my two fleetmates who still ever play do too.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-08-2011, 11:08 PM
First time you play a mission cut scenes are nice.
After the second time they get annoying, especially those you can't even skip pressing esc.

Most cut scenes are even totally useless like the earlier mentioned Warbird shooting the Reman scout, the Iconian ship towing Sela's ship through the gate and all the dialog cut scenes in the remastered episodes.
I know all of those can easily be done inside the normal gameplay, since you did similar things in other missions.

If you're that into showing videos instead of letting us play a game, at least let us skip the videos.
Survivor of Remus
# 13
03-19-2013, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
As per request from one of our members
Sweet Merciful %^$# can we please have a universal skip option for cutscenes.

We understand why they tried them and we like the option to skip some of them. But we humbly request that the skip option aply to ALL custscenes. By the 5th time doing Doomsday, I wanted to blow up the klingon shuttle myself just to skip it.

If you wish to join this petition please reply to this thread.
Signed: Your humble friends and servants PROTEUS FLEET
i know this is an old thread, but i would like to see a skip scenes option in the options menu under video, or even just to be able to hit "esc" to get past ALL cutscenes, as im now doing missions for my 3rd time. But, even as a lifetime member, i doubt i will get listened to. Been a few times ive asked cryptic about glitches/bugs, or something else and got no reply. I think all they care about is the money they make and not the customer. If im wrong, prove me otherwise cyptic!

Last edited by craig76; 03-19-2013 at 05:29 AM.
Captain
# 14
03-19-2013, 05:26 AM
Gotta agree here. All cutscenes SHOULD be skippable by pressing Escape. There's no ifs, buts, maybes. It just SHOULD. Make it so, Cryptic!
Survivor of Remus
# 15
03-19-2013, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Gotta agree here. All cutscenes SHOULD be skippable by pressing Escape. There's no ifs, buts, maybes. It just SHOULD. Make it so, Cryptic!
every other game i have played or still play, you could skip them, as everyone knows, chances are of replaying missions are quite frequent, specially if you have multiple accounts like some of us on STO

Engage Cryptic
Survivor of Remus
# 16
03-19-2013, 06:15 AM
everyone should submit tickets on this, then they might listen
Community Moderator
# 17 Closing Necro Petition Thread
03-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Sorry, guys, this thread is double-jeopardy...

Threads inactive longer than 30 days are considered "dead" and should not be posted in.

And petition threads are never allowed under the spamming rules.

So, I have to close it. You may start a new thread on the topic if:

1. It's not a petition
2. There are no other active threads on the topic.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Closed Thread