Captain
# 21
03-18-2013, 09:23 PM
thats the gamble to PUGs.
iv ended up in epohh tag groups with people too mentally deficient to do even that right.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Commander
# 22
03-18-2013, 09:37 PM
I think I ran into one of those the other day skollulfr , I swear they were just running around while the rest of the team tagged epohhs.
Captain
# 23
03-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nierion View Post
If you avoid PuG groups and game with people you know it usually works out better. My fleet usually co-ordinates everything on voice over Mumble and we always have 8-10 mins left on the bonus 9/10 times.

The STF's are generally too easy and DPS seems to be king still. Aside from maybe Into The Hive, the elite ones aren't challenging enough and I'd like to see more aspects in STF added where a SCI or ENG is really needed. I find that only on Into The Hive do you really need a SCI & ENG so they can take the brunt of the damage that gets thrown out.

I'm sure these STF's use to be harder in the old days.......
I find it funny that people who play ESTF mission with people they know and who are good complain or say they are easy. Of course they are going to be easy because your playing with people you know and are good. Play with random people which is what most people do and they are not so easy. You want more of a challenge play more games with random people. Don't ruin it for your average person by making missions to hard for most random people to do.
Republic Veteran
# 24
03-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
I find it funny that people who play ESTF mission with people they know and who are good complain or say they are easy. Of course they are going to be easy because your playing with people you know and are good. Play with random people which is what most people do and they are not so easy. You want more of a challenge play more games with random people. Don't ruin it for your average person by making missions to hard for most random people to do.
make friends

Career Officer
# 25
03-19-2013, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisaakaz View Post
And I am sick of over powered DPS monkeys who ruin PVE because they feel their DPS gives them a right to blow generators early, blow Tac Cubes then complain when the team can't handle the extra ship pops, and those who call in borg cubes then either avoid them or die and leave the rest of the team to deal with the fall out.

Leaching sucks, but people who can't control their DPS output suck even more. It is great to have a ton of DPS on the team but part of being a team is making sure the missions get done correctly. If you see the team sucks, which you can tell in the first 30 seconds of any STF, then don't over charge your weapons. Take the extra five minutes and finish the mission correctly. All your complaining and purposely messing up the mission just wastes every ones time.

Eisaak
the biggest problem i run into is all these wanna be carrier captains..
they dont know how to control their pets, and their pets agro tac cubes, and blow generators and do all sorts of stupid things... jesus, there are carrier commands for a reason lol...

but i am a top dps player ( as an engineer, i out dps most tacs, not always, but id say 90 percent of the time).. my whole thing is not having people keep up in dps, but rather im sick of all the artards that dont know the fight, and then dont ask, and dont listen to explanation.. and constantly do the same failures over and over again..

Last edited by puttenham; 03-19-2013 at 05:10 AM.
Captain
# 26
03-19-2013, 05:31 AM
Do yourself a favor and copy-paste the following into your chat:
/channel_join PublicEliteSTF

Rules and guides: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFv2

Lt. Commander
# 27
03-19-2013, 05:40 AM
This whole thread is why I don't do PUGs...easy solution, do STFs with people you know...your fleet maybe?
Survivor of Remus
# 28
03-19-2013, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
PvE in this game has already been dumbed down several times in preparation of the game going F2P,how easy do you want things to be in this game?Should they add some more difficulty settings?

Is this the future you seek?:

Braindead
Forrest Gump

Easy
Normal
Elite

Sad truth is that what you call 'your average person' is a whiney 2yo that has a temper tantrum every time they are not rewarded for filling their diaper.The problem is people just want everything handed to them.Actually playing the game to get the rewards doesn't even enter their minds.

STF's are supposed to be challenging,they are designed for teamplay,and if you don't like a challenge or can't stand being on a team,don't do STF's.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokersmith1 View Post
Do yourself a favor and copy-paste the following into your chat:
/channel_join PublicEliteSTF

Rules and guides: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFv2

I hate to break to you, but that channel isnt as active as i wish it was in regards to running STF's and iam not going to wait 30mins to get a group going. I only have so much time online a day, due to working and having to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharyssa View Post
This whole thread is why I don't do PUGs...easy solution, do STFs with people you know...your fleet maybe?
Look above to my answer.
Captain
# 30
03-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
PvE in this game has already been dumbed down several times in preparation of the game going F2P,how easy do you want things to be in this game?Should they add some more difficulty settings?

Is this the future you seek?:

Braindead
Forrest Gump

Easy
Normal
Elite

Sad truth is that what you call 'your average person' is a whiney 2yo that has a temper tantrum every time they are not rewarded for filling their diaper.The problem is people just want everything handed to them.Actually playing the game to get the rewards doesn't even enter their minds.

STF's are supposed to be challenging,they are designed for teamplay,and if you don't like a challenge or can't stand being on a team,don't do STF's.
No that is not your average person. Your average person does not come to the forum. Your average person does not leech in the game. Your average person just plays for fun nothing more nothing less.

Yes they are designed for a challenge and your average person is challenged. I am a above average player and I only do ESTF missions with random people so I see what is going on with average people. I see average people die multiple times. I see optional objectives fail because of people dying to much and not having enough DPS from the team combined to get the optional because of people dying a little to much.

Their are already some missions that are very very very hard to get the optional with random people such as Infected: Manus. That missions in all my playing with random people only got the optional 2 times 1 on normal and 1 on Elite. Then their is The Cure Found that with random people the optional fails a lot and around 1 of 3 times the mission fails.

I enjoy ground missions for the most part and I have to wait a wile to get them started because average people don't like them because they are to hard for them. I don't want that to happen with all missions.

I have seen people in this forum and heard people in the zones talk about missions being to easy and they usually come from people from fleets who do missions together. Why is that I wonder?

You want more of a challenge play with random people. Do some of the harder missions with random people like Hive Onslaught and Into The Hive. Maybe stop using so much top of the line gear and duty officers.

If they adjust difficulty they need to be careful and find a balance. Don't make all missions to hard for average people.