Republic Veteran
# 2011
03-19-2013, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
Suroo have I ever mentioned how hilarious your new sig is? If yes then pretend I'm on drugs and repeat myself, if not then I'm mentioning it now!

This is my new desktop, so much awesomeness in one pic!
And if any of ya want to see my semi-NSFW/K(Not safe for work/Kids) desktop wallpaper PM me in game and I'll send the link to my photobucket saved image.

[6/24 23:12] [Combat (Self)] Your Thalaron Pulse deals 126254 (48978) Radiation Damage to Tactical Cube. Hehe. Suck it Borg!
[10/8 15:47] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 98082 (147136) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach. WUT? I blame Kurland for this and all other problems in STO.
Captain
# 2012
03-19-2013, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
Suroo have I ever mentioned how hilarious your new sig is? If yes then pretend I'm on drugs and repeat myself, if not then I'm mentioning it now!
Thank you! I made it myself

Also, did The Canelow clicky the siggy to see the story of the siggy?

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.

Last edited by lindaleff; 03-19-2013 at 04:27 AM. Reason: I just realized the quote was a mess.
Captain
# 2013
03-19-2013, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
Thank you! I made it myself

Also, did The Canelow clicky the siggy to see the story of the siggy?
It did. And it also looked around your deviant art profile a bit. Cool stuff there!

Dye your beard black is the only comment I can make other than cool...
Click here to view my DeviantArt!
Republic Veteran
# 2014
03-19-2013, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
Slightly off-topic, but Bob that Sith guy that keeps beating your ass down in ToR, is beating him part of one of your story quests, or is it side-quest? One with [Heroic] in front of it maybe?
He's part of the main quest. That's my irritation. If I'm not of a sufficient rank to beat him, why am I given the quest? Say what you will about STO, you aren't thrown into situations you aren't ranked up to handle.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Empire Veteran
# 2015
03-19-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
He's part of the main quest. That's my irritation. If I'm not of a sufficient rank to beat him, why am I given the quest? Say what you will about STO, you aren't thrown into situations you aren't ranked up to handle.
There's a level indicator for each class quest that shows you what level they recommend you to be. If you're below that, it's likely to be hard. To level up enough to do it safely, do some of the non-class quests like Heroics (and make sure to get a team in General) or any of the other little missions. Early on, you can also level easily just by killing enemies. They give you the mission immediatly because they don't have a system like STO does for getting a mission from a pop-up, you have go and get it from the contact. I leveled up 2 characters on SWTOR to 50 back in the day, so I'd know.

Now, that isn't disputing that there should be a different setup, there should. But that's currently how it works.

Last edited by sirepical; 03-19-2013 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Typo.
Career Officer
# 2016
03-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post
There's a level indicator for each class quest that shows you what level they recommend you to be. If you're below that, it's likely to be hard. To level up enough to do it safely, do some of the non-class quests like Heroics (and make sure to get a team in General) or any of the other little missions. Early on, you can also level easily just by killing enemies. They give you the mission immediatly because they don't have a system like STO does for getting a mission from a pop-up, you have go and get it from the contact. I leveled up 2 characters on SWTOR to 50 back in the day, so I'd know.

Now, that isn't disputing that there should be a different setup, there should. But that's currently how it works.
What classes were they and do you still play?
Republic Veteran
# 2017
03-19-2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post

<snip>
It doesn't matter. I've lost all enjoyment in playing that game. All I have ever done for four solid hours of gameplay is run around the woods with a wooden light saber. If I wanted to do that, I'd just go outside.

There is no pleasure playing SWTOR. No wonder it is bleeding players.
Empire Veteran
# 2018
03-19-2013, 08:06 AM
During my time in the SWTOR level 15 trial, I had a lot of fun. It offered something different from my daily games. However, when F2P came, all interest died. I don't even have the incentive to play 1-50 on a free account. The restrictions are so harsh they are in your face constantly. Unlike things like DCUO where restrictions aren't really noticed until you get to the end-game content which requires DLC. That system works fine. TOR failed when they didn't even let you chat in the world chat after your origin planet... Not to mention the horrible drop limits.

TOR should have gone with a route close to DCUO. Offer the all the content in the game at that point for free, then sell the rest as DLC to them. Members would get the content free of course with other benefits. Then of course they would offer microtransactions for fluff or other toy items.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Republic Veteran
# 2019
03-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Honestly, I think PWE/Cryptic has the best model. All content is free. The fluff is what you pay for. Some fluff is worth is and some isn't.
Empire Veteran
# 2020
03-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
Honestly, I think PWE/Cryptic has the best model. All content is free. The fluff is what you pay for. Some fluff is worth is and some isn't.
Agreed.
10chars.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891