Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 11
03-15-2013, 02:08 PM
I agree completely. As useful as the stone is, I wouldn't mind sacrificing one of the versions to a nice shipboard carpeting texture.
Captain
# 12
03-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Thanks Capt, but I hope it makes more sense to add more versions than replace one. If my stone slabs suddenly changed to carpet, it would wreck a temple I made.
Career Officer
# 13
03-15-2013, 02:20 PM
I whole-heartedly agree with this. As I mentioned in my comment on the StarbaseUGC post, it's something that has been needed to be added for a while now. Especially seeing as the Transporter rooms that were added yesterday have a different ceiling and a carpeted floor, I would certainly like to be able to make a seamless transition from the transporter room to a custom interior.

Also an addendum to this would be a variety in the wall textures. Federation ones are fairly limited considering the cryptic-made maps and the walls they had in them and that really there's only 1 type of wall that even remotely works.

Also can I have a job working for cryptic? I know there's a game designer position going and I'd be happy to work on the foundry and increasing the textures and details available for UGC authors.

Admiral Zenso'ji

PvP Boot Camp Coach
Vice Admiral of Forum Administration
Captain
# 14
03-15-2013, 02:27 PM
So, who can poke Zeronius, for some feedback on the possibility of adding new floor "props" ?
Captain
# 15
03-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
So, who can poke Zeronius, for some feedback on the possibility of adding new floor "props" ?
From what we know from some interviews, Zero can only add in things that:

A. Have already been made.
B. Can be found in a library that is cryptic to her.

She probably couldn't texture a primitive. So we'd need someone on the art or whichever team to do what is probably an easy and quick task, then zero could add them in if she has time to do so.

I'm kind of guessing simply based on my own experience with 3d software, modding, etc. I would be surprised if couldn't be done easily and painlessly by a nice dev.

Just one of those carpets or a texture with ceiling lights would be amazingly useful for us.

Last edited by kirksplat; 03-16-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Career Officer
# 16
03-15-2013, 02:52 PM
As previously mentioned - I'll do it XD

Really hope this happens

PvP Boot Camp Coach
Vice Admiral of Forum Administration
Lieutenant
# 17
03-19-2013, 07:48 AM
i would like to see blank primitives with a texture picker to set the wanted texture.
Captain
# 18
03-19-2013, 08:19 AM
I would like to see all of the foundation block textures on all the building block textures too. There are nice stone wall textures and a rusty looking generic ship like textures.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 19
03-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3drag0n1977 View Post
i would like to see blank primitives with a texture picker to set the wanted texture.
This would be ideal. I've long requested it. I doubt we'll get that kind of art + programmer = new feature for STO's foundry.

It would be amazing though. One primitive, with a drop down costume list to choose from carpet to grass.
Lieutenant
# 20
03-19-2013, 07:43 PM
and if were throwing requests around here. there are console pictures for contact popups why not any PADDs? and Tricorders?

you can be wandering around and hit a waypoint that would set off your tricorder and the message box would have a tricorder in the picture box instead of putting a BOFF's picture in the box. some missions have you by yourself why would a boff pop up to tell you your tricorders beeping about something. there not even there !

PADD's and Tricorders Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!