Ensign
# 11
03-19-2013, 12:00 PM
I am unsure if the problem was fixed but I have noticed that in a few of the Borg related red alerts there are huge white sploches that seem to create huge lag when you have your camera aimed towards them. (Yes I have tried not looking at them but that's kind of difficult when fighting cubes and the borg dreadnought.) Anyone know if this is a problem for others or if it's just my computer?
Captain
# 12
03-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaaz View Post
I am unsure if the problem was fixed but I have noticed that in a few of the Borg related red alerts there are huge white sploches that seem to create huge lag when you have your camera aimed towards them. (Yes I have tried not looking at them but that's kind of difficult when fighting cubes and the borg dreadnought.) Anyone know if this is a problem for others or if it's just my computer?
That's the new J.J. Abrams effect that Cryptic is adding to space scenes in Red Alerts...

Just Kidding... I think that it is supposed to be a nebula but it is just way too bright. There have been planets like that on some missions, they look like bright yellow suns but they are really planets. That's my estimation anyways.
What's Star Trek Online without Exploration? Star Wars? (War zones and STFs)
Are you sure it isn't time for a "colourful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
Star Trek Battles Channel - Play STO more like Star Trek with challenge, teamwork and FUN!
Captain
# 13
03-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
they lag me hard, too

ATI video card
Career Officer
# 14
04-05-2013, 07:57 PM
They should just convert it over to an PVE queue mission and be done with it since they can't fix the current system.
Captain
# 15
04-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
They should just convert it over to an PVE queue mission and be done with it since they can't fix the current system.
That^
When players accept the Tau Dewa daily or click on the Red Alert button, they are automatically added to the queue so that they automatically enter the encounter when the mission starts.
Right now the encounter AI start sequence seems to have a player detection process that's rigged such that if it detects too few players it aborts, which it should not do while the alert flag is set and kicks everyone out rather than simply waiting for more players before beginning the sequence. It's either not detecting players in the instance or the abort timeout is far too short.
Barring the use of a queue launch, it should run for a predetermined length and disregard player numbers entirely, starting the sequence whether players are present or not, then players can join or leave at any time while the red alert flag is up. If the red alert runs every hour then an hours time should be sufficient for players to complete the alert mission as well as objectives for the daily before the mission resets itself.

Last edited by maxvitor; 04-05-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Captain
# 16
04-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
That's a big that's at least several months old. There's a big thread about it somewhere, but I don't have the energy to dig around for it. I think they're still working on it.

I find it quite hilarious that the Tau Dewa Red Alerts still haven't been fixed after all this time.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
04-27-2013, 03:24 AM
It's 30 romulan marks per day we lose. That's not nice.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Rihannsu
# 18
04-27-2013, 03:57 AM
Getting so sick of warping into a finished instance when it pops up for the first time when one has been in sector for 15 minutes or longer. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Join the preeminent Romulan community now!

Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan
(member #124)
Captain
# 19
04-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
Since the Red Alerts have not been fixed despite being like this for a very long time, we could assume its "working as intended" - just like a lot of the other very very long outstanding bugs like a certain KDF Doff chain sets.
When you quoted "Working as intended" i thought at first you were referring to the cloaking devices which are broken but "Working as intended" lol
Career Officer
# 20
05-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Still broken, still frustrating, one of many bugs that they don't bother to fix.

I have unsubbed.