Captain
# 191
03-19-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majurac View Post
Some time ago I had a mission to perform a play on my ship. I can't remember the mission name, but i got it from my operations officer after visiting my bridge (so somewhere inside your ship).
My reward was a ultra-rare photonic officer named William Shakespeare; quartermaster.

On a different note, is there any listing of where to find the various mission chains? I have quite a few half completed, but i'm getting tired of wandering aimlessly looking for the system that I can continue them in.
http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment_chain
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Ensign
# 192
05-10-2013, 06:47 AM
I'm new to recruiting (focusing mostly on Diplomacy) and I appear to have missed something. I'm a Vice Admiral, Federation, Alien, Female.

Quote:
Recruitment assignments come in three types. First is the basic recruitment assignment, which always results in a success and awards a Junior Officer Cadre inventory item that contains 5 DOffs. These are usually white quality, but have a small chance for higher quality. These packs have a very small chance to contain ultra-rare DOffs. This assignment can be found in and around the home planet of each faction, does not require any inputs of DOffs or supplies, and has a duration of 20 hours.
If this is a DOff assignment you just pick up in the area, I've pretty thoroughly checked Sol System, Earth Spacedock, and Starfleet Academy. I do not seem to be capable of picking it up. And I can't talk to the Personnel Officer that was linked in the STO Guide. Is there someone else I am supposed to talk to for these assignments? If so, where is this person? I have tried to look for myself... but I can't find any NPCs who might hand out the assignments.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 193
05-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenithheaven View Post
I'm new to recruiting (focusing mostly on Diplomacy) and I appear to have missed something. I'm a Vice Admiral, Federation, Alien, Female.

If this is a DOff assignment you just pick up in the area, I've pretty thoroughly checked Sol System, Earth Spacedock, and Starfleet Academy. I do not seem to be capable of picking it up. And I can't talk to the Personnel Officer that was linked in the STO Guide. Is there someone else I am supposed to talk to for these assignments? If so, where is this person? I have tried to look for myself... but I can't find any NPCs who might hand out the assignments.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not able to edit the original posts in this thread, but that guide on STOWiki is accurate. These assignments only come from the Personnel Officers now and they don't show up in the DOff UI until you interact directly with these NPCs. The "Personnel Officer" in the same kiosk as Lt. Ferra has five of them, and then the Tellarite Personnel Officer and Andorian Personnel Officer are located on the sidewalk west of that building, and the Vulcan Personnel Officer is just south of the big Starfleet Command seal in the center of the Academy courtyard.

What do you mean by you can't talk to the Personnel Officer? If you're not getting an interact dialog, you have to get really close to her. For some reason the radius on her interact button is tiny, too tiny in my opinion. If the assignments are greyed out, then they're just on cooldown and will be available again in a couple days.
Ensign
# 194
08-24-2013, 10:27 PM
So like my character is apparently supposed to get awarded new duty officers on reaching level 18, but as far as I can tell I didn't get any. You start with 20 and get booster packs of 3, right? I'm still at 20 =/. Is my game glitched or did I just miss something? Any help appreciated.
Ensign
# 195
08-25-2013, 03:47 AM
Seems to be a fairly common bug that an officer pack dosen't get given - one of my rom's missed out on a pack - I would just double check your inventory - see if you have a button at the bottom called "Overflow". If after checking there its not around you will have to file a bug report.
Rihannsu
# 196
08-25-2013, 05:55 AM
Actually.... if you're playing a KDF allied RR char, the levels listed seem to be wrong. They apparently get the doff packs at the old pre-LoR KDf levels.

Another possibility is that the mission is hidden somewhere in your mission log. It works like the "New officer" missions in that you have to hail command and receive the mission reward.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 197
08-25-2013, 10:14 AM
I'll try both of those things. Much obliged =).
Commander
I apologize in advance if this has been answered before, i looked on the forums and really couldnt find a definative answer. Where exactly does this duty officer come from. I would love to have 1 for each of my characters but, currently there 150mil+ on the exchange and i just cant afford that. Any help will be greatly appreciated. ty in advance.
Rihannsu
# 199
03-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyefather View Post
I apologize in advance if this has been answered before, i looked on the forums and really couldnt find a definative answer. Where exactly does this duty officer come from. I would love to have 1 for each of my characters but, currently there 150mil+ on the exchange and i just cant afford that. Any help will be greatly appreciated. ty in advance.
yeah, about that.... I think one is a Xindi(stupidly rare) and the other a promo.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 200
06-18-2014, 05:38 AM
I'm trying to build an Aux2Bat build and am in need of higher quality technician officers, any help in how to farm them would be much appreciated