Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lieutenant
Hi,

I have a Mobius temporal destroyer, and my fleet just unlocked advanced fleet weapons.

I currently used 3 phased tetryon cannons, and 2 phased tetryon turrets, and a quantum with torp spread 1 and 3 and a cutting beam for hull damage.

So, my main question is: Fleet antiproton or tetryon?

I prefer the look and sound of tetryon, and like the shield stripping ability, (and trust me, I AM PEDANTIC about looks on my ship), but a few people have said I should switch to antiproton.

Someone also recommended that I use antiproton along with tetryon glider from the omega set, but I'm still only tier 2 omega, so I wouldn't be able to get the omega at a decent level for a while.

Can anyone help me, pro's and con's of both?
Commander
# 2
03-19-2013, 01:38 PM
All those generators, transformers, and gateways in STFs? The Tetryon proc is 100% useless against them. AP's bonus crit severity is useful against everything.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
03-19-2013, 01:56 PM
The Mobius gains a Temporal Inversion ability when equipped with the Temporal Warfare Set. That set's Chroniton Dual Beam Array is Anti-proton based, so you might as well go AP.

DO NOT buy advanced fleet weapons until this upcoming Thursday 3/21... the next patch will be adding [Acc]x2[Dmg] Advanced and Elite fleet weapons.

Last edited by shar487a; 03-19-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
03-19-2013, 01:58 PM
(Cough) disruptor (cough)
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Disruptor or Anti-Proton. Disruptors benefit everyone on the teams DPS, antiproton can get some insane criticals going especially with the boost to crit chance from Tachyokinetic Converter/Zero-Point/Borg Console, or if you have all 3 of them equipped at once, even better.

I use Polaron on my Science captain with a power drain build, everything else is either disruptor or anti-proton. At end game there really is nothing better.
Republic Veteran
# 6
03-19-2013, 03:01 PM
As others have said. Wait for the new patch to add the Accx2 Dmgx2 Weapons.
Lieutenant
# 7
03-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Antiproton dhc accx2 dmgx2 it is then, same for turrets.

Doesn't matter about waiting till Thursday, it will take me until next Monday to have all the dil I need.

Thanks guys, you were really helpful in a short space of time
Captain
# 8
03-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
All those generators, transformers, and gateways in STFs? The Tetryon proc is 100% useless against them. AP's bonus crit severity is useful against everything.
True that the proc may not affect everything, like the items mentioned above are not affected by a shield stripping proc that Tetryons have.

That's just their proc. Otherwise they do as much damage as all the other energy weapons. Get Tetryons that have the same crits (CrtD) as Antiprotons and you'll have the equivalent weapon but with an proc as well.
Are you sure it isn't time for a "colourful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'

Star Trek Battles Channel - STO... The way it was meant to be played!
Captain
# 9
03-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
There's only like 3 gateways, 6 transformers and 24 generators. And Tetryons hit unshielded targets for the same base damage so the difference is minimal.
Captain
# 10
03-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3tazoid View Post
Antiproton dhc accx2 dmgx2 it is then, same for turrets.
I think you mean phasers? Not antiproton? I thought the new additions were just phasers?