Captain
# 51
03-12-2013, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
discreet hint, how many sci ship have access to DPB3?
Oh I know this one! Pick me! Pick me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 52
03-12-2013, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
That fix will make them more "inline" with other science powers. Nearly useless.
Except they aren't. All current sci powers are useful if you know how to use them. Heck SS and VM are too useful at the moment.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Rihannsu
# 53
03-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
Except they aren't. All current sci powers are useful if you know how to use them. Heck SS and VM are too useful at the moment.
Really? For most Sci powers there are similar universal console powers, lobi items, p2w gimmicks.

In general, getting the most out of a high level sci power requires more then just a Cmd slot. If i then compare the opportunity cost, and effectivness of these powers, even with doffs most of the time they seem rather underwhelming. Here is a quick rundown

Tykens 3< cotton balls, breen torp, Siphon Drones, ....
GW3 < Graviton Pulse
AMS <?> SS3
JS3 < rep proc
Tach Beam< Tach mines DBP3
CPB < Tach Mines DPB3
Tractor 3 < Danoooooobs
FBP3 doesn't have a console, great for tac cpts i guess
Photonic Office 3< almost every single doff in game, as far as CD reduction goes
PSW3 <?> Nadeon detonator, since that thing flies toyour target, does the stun, and the damage, but one might argue that the aoe nature has its pros.
VM is used a lot since its one of the few things left to sci.
ES3<pets
HE3<leadership, all kinds of rep procs borg procs,
TSS3< still great, then again TS1<?> TT1

Probably forgot a few sci skills. My point being if the effectiveness of these consoles is WAD. I don't think that the comparative sci skills are too strong at all. QUite the opposite. DPB3 tac/corts shouldn't be the better shield stripper then a fully dedicated sci/sci, imv. Finally, sci powers have counters, so they should hurt unless one uses the counter.

While we'er at it
AA> Aceton Beam
Theta < EWP, in my book, but i haven't tested theta properly, might be way off here.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 03-12-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
This doesn't explain why players (including myself) have had multiple shield-filling powers do nothing while the debuff is active? The only conclusion is that there's either some negative regen being applied or it's bugged out. A shield resist debuff should have no effect on the amount that EPtS/TSS heals for.
Well maybe it's like this:

*) [shield damage] = [negative shield heal]
+
*) tachyon mines apply a factor to your shields that influences [shield damage]
=
*) tachyon mines apply a factor to your shields that influences [negative shield heal]
=through bug=>
*) tachyon mines apply a factor to your shields that influences [negative and positive shield heal]

Last edited by allocater; 03-13-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Captain
# 55
03-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allocater View Post
Well maybe it's like this:

*) [shield damage] = [negative shield heal]
+
*) tachyon mines apply a factor to your shields that influences [shield damage]
=
*) tachyon mines apply a factor to your shields that influences [negative shield heal]
=through bug=>
*) tachyon mines apply a factor to your shields that influences [negative and positive shield heal]
This was my first thought as well. However, this would imply that the shield damage is either "sticky" (opposite of temporarily raising the shield HP cap) or that it drains a lot in one go, so much that you have a negative shield HP value. It could also be just as you've said: for some reason negatively affecting the shield resist hampers the effectiveness of shield heals as well. Personally I don't believe any of the above are true, but without a controlled test it's impossible to say.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples

Last edited by shimmerless; 03-13-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Ensign
# 56
03-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Tachion Mines used in conjuntion with Dispersal Pattern Beta 3 is way op. For the ship being hit with this combo it means loss of allmost if not all shields.

Its shield damage need to be limited to a third of what it is now.

I know Cryptic is making money of this op weapon, but it shouldnt be a resting pillow for not balancing it.

Cryptic, get off your rear end and balance it!

Enough is enough of this nonsense!

Alec/Jtokh
Show Me Your Critz

Sometimes you win...and sometimes you learn.
Career Officer
# 57
03-27-2013, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker10368 View Post
Tachion Mines used in conjuntion with Dispersal Pattern Beta 3 is way op. For the ship being hit with this combo it means loss of allmost if not all shields.

Its shield damage need to be limited to a third of what it is now.

I know Cryptic is making money of this op weapon, but it shouldnt be a resting pillow for not balancing it.

Cryptic, get off your rear end and balance it!

Enough is enough of this nonsense!

Alec/Jtokh
Show Me Your Critz

Sometimes you win...and sometimes you learn.

They really are tragically overpowered, I really wonder about players that use these and the excuses they come up with to justify them.
Commander
# 58
03-28-2013, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
They really are tragically overpowered, I really wonder about players that use these and the excuses they come up with to justify them.
They are there, avaiable in the game. As Tricobalts "were", as transphasics are, as the kumari and the Bug are. They are there, so they are useable. As all so called P2W-Consoles are(even though you have to pay nothing for them). Easy as it is.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS
Career Officer
# 59
03-28-2013, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwhity View Post
They are there, avaiable in the game. As Tricobalts "were", as transphasics are, as the kumari and the Bug are. They are there, so they are useable. As all so called P2W-Consoles are(even though you have to pay nothing for them). Easy as it is.

My question, since you missed it, was rhetorical.
Commander
# 60
03-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
My question, since you missed it, was rhetorical.
Nah, just wanted to explain it to those people who dont get the obvious.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS