Ensign
I noticed that when i play, i keep getting messages in the middle of my screen telling me that somebody has obtained a specific space ship.

It happens so much that i've learned to ignore it but...is there a way to turn it off? It's quite annoying. If you just obtained a really cool ship, i really don't care to know about it! I don't even know you! lol
Career Officer
# 2
03-19-2013, 03:42 PM
You can not turn it off. It is part of the gambling methodology that goes with the lock boxes.

1. They need you to see what you are missing. "HEY look at all the cool kids who got something you didn't"

2. It keeps the lock boxes in your face and on your mind. In fact many of the messages are automated. There is a certain percentage of the winners who don't even exist in game.

So no, this is NEVER going to go away until some international court deems it illegal to pander gambling to minors.

Eisaak
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 3
03-19-2013, 03:43 PM
You actually can turn it off, eisaakaz. All notification settings can be managed via the downward arrow on the minimap -- once in the menu, choose "Notification Settings".

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Well, there you go.

But it's more than just that one thing. You willl lose all notifications.
Lieutenant
# 5
03-19-2013, 03:58 PM
You can also right click your chat tab and uncheck 'system' messages, but it will disable ALL system messages. Still, it gets rid of the spam.
Ensign
# 6
03-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
You actually can turn it off, eisaakaz. All notification settings can be managed via the downward arrow on the minimap -- once in the menu, choose "Notification Settings".

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Yay! Thank you! Problem is now solved.
Career Officer
# 7
03-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmj714 View Post
I noticed that when i play, i keep getting messages in the middle of my screen telling me that somebody has obtained a specific space ship.

It happens so much that i've learned to ignore it but...is there a way to turn it off? It's quite annoying. If you just obtained a really cool ship, i really don't care to know about it! I don't even know you! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thanks Brandon, but to just to clarify, you can't turn JUST that message off. You have to disable all system messages... and most are very helpful.

I would hate to lose system reboot notifications.

Is that correct?

Thanks

Eisaak
Republic Veteran
# 8
03-19-2013, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisaakaz View Post
Thanks Brandon, but to just to clarify, you can't turn JUST that message off. You have to disable all system messages... and most are very helpful.

I would hate to lose system reboot notifications.

Is that correct?

Thanks

Eisaak
If you mean when the pink System goes offline for maintenance then no that one is separate, and can't be turned off.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Career Officer
# 9
03-19-2013, 10:57 PM
cool thanks Neoakiraii

E