Lieutenant
Its so very OP. I hear alot of my friends say this or that how the bug ship is the best ship in the game.

Theta radiation is the best CC in the game. Gravitation is also great CC in the game. AMS...not really...but there are alot of consoles that the PVP community shy's away. But not the bug. Its BROKEN..come on!!!!! Its got way to much defense....it should be a glass cannon like the Andorian ship.

BUG ship is Op. Its in the game so use it. But don't say I cant use this or that. The bug ship is the most dominate variable in pvp right now. And now a lot more people have it.

I can kill a bug ship. Don't worry, thats now what I am saying that it cant be countered. I am just saying I will be using everything in the game to do it. Its only fair.

I have a bug. Its OP and boring. I feel its the most boring ship on the face of STO. MY opinion. ONLY.....

Signing off

CISCO
Captain
# 2
03-19-2013, 11:52 AM
It is a boring ship, not only because its OP but its also Cryptics fault for making DHC the best weapons in game for pure 'DPS' and highst overall damage assuming you fly it as an ordinary ship that stays in the fight.

I play my bop more now for the reason its way more squishy, but it adds much more dynamic to the game. I have fun now on KDF side.

Got a bug on one of my KDF toons as well, but why bother...
Career Officer
# 3
03-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Hi!!! .
THE POWER OF KRATOS!!!
Empire Veteran
# 4
03-20-2013, 12:49 AM
The bug ship is strong but not so strong. My sci toon can stop and sometime destroy a bug ship... I also have seen cruiser resisting to the jhas. However pvp is not a 1vs 1 match
Commander
# 5
03-20-2013, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurialo View Post
The bug ship is strong but not so strong. My sci toon can stop and sometime destroy a bug ship... I also have seen cruiser resisting to the jhas. However pvp is not a 1vs 1 match
I can resist the JHAS on both of my primary cruiser builds to varying degrees but as usual, I have problems actually dealing damage back to it. In fact, I've seen a JHAS handle an entire team's worth of firepower for up to two minutes, which is more than most cruisers can actually handle. In the tally screen at the end of particularly short games involving a JHAS, sometimes I notice it saying that the player piloting a JHAS has healed 0 damage, which effectively means that it has taken no serious damage at all.

Everything goes to hell if two JHAS show up in a game. Regardless of which side I am on, I become completely irrelevant. I can't do enough to protect any one of my teammates against two JHAS hanging on their tail, and I can't survive for more than a minute against them. It's not much better if they're on my side, since my heals and buffs then become completely irrelevant. I dread to think what would happen if I ever show up in a game where there are three JHAS.
Empire Veteran
# 6
03-20-2013, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserfish View Post
I can resist the JHAS on both of my primary cruiser builds to varying degrees but as usual, I have problems actually dealing damage back to it.
cruisers and sci ships are not intended to be attack ship, so it's hard to destroy a jhas... However is not so hard to resist (cruisers and sci ships) if you have a good pvp build.

Quote:
In fact, I've seen a JHAS handle an entire team's worth of firepower for up to two minutes, which is more than most cruisers can actually handle. In the tally screen at the end of particularly short games involving a JHAS, sometimes I notice it saying that the player piloting a JHAS has healed 0 damage, which effectively means that it has taken no serious damage at all.
well since I have also a tact toon on a jhas, I can tell you are right... sometime I can handle several players... however only because they do not collaborate or have bad build.

Quote:
Everything goes to hell if two JHAS show up in a game. Regardless of which side I am on, I become completely irrelevant. I can't do enough to protect any one of my teammates against two JHAS hanging on their tail, and I can't survive for more than a minute against them. It's not much better if they're on my side, since my heals and buffs then become completely irrelevant. I dread to think what would happen if I ever show up in a game where there are three JHAS.

well, we can tell the same when in a team there are several healers... My JHAS goes to heal if I am alone against 2 decent cruisers.
Empire Veteran
# 7
03-20-2013, 06:34 AM
might be OP in PvP queues but it is a paper tiger in open PvP areas like Kerat.
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Commander
# 8
03-20-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurialo View Post
cruisers and sci ships are not intended to be attack ship, so it's hard to destroy a jhas... However is not so hard to resist (cruisers and sci ships) if you have a good pvp build.

well since I have also a tact toon on a jhas, I can tell you are right... sometime I can handle several players... however only because they do not collaborate or have bad build.

well, we can tell the same when in a team there are several healers... My JHAS goes to heal if I am alone against 2 decent cruisers.
The way things are now, cruisers and sci ships aren't intended to attack anything...

I've said this before, but I must re-emphasize that it's easy to build a cruiser that can tank a ton of damage. The problem is in building it to be useful in a fight, and getting a cruiser to do damage is very, very difficult.

If you draw two or more opponents on to you, you are effectively accomplishing the same role that the cruiser is supposed to accomplish, and an JHAS has about roughly the same chance of survival. In some respects, the JHAS can be built as a far better tank than most cruisers because it is both hard to kill and highly deadly.
Lieutenant
# 9
03-20-2013, 08:58 AM
I think the temporal destroyer is far worse and more OP then a bug ship.

EDIT: Both ships are totally retarded and ruin the game. I just hope at some point Cryptic starts to care or I'm going to find another game to play. You can also add Andorian vessels like this game is slowly becoming more and more pay to win in order to achieve anything you need to dump money on it but I don't give in and do that I just quit playing the game.

Last edited by inosaska; 03-20-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Captain
# 10
03-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inosaska View Post
I think the temporal destroyer is far worse and more OP then a bug ship.

EDIT: Both ships are totally retarded and ruin the game. I just hope at some point Cryptic starts to care or I'm going to find another game to play. You can also add Andorian vessels like this game is slowly becoming more and more pay to win in order to achieve anything you need to dump money on it but I don't give in and do that I just quit playing the game.
There is no p2w
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...