Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,336
# 21
03-20-2013, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
No, one more I believe. I'll update that text

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I see, thanks.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 22
03-20-2013, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
Only NW pack I'd ever have even contemplated was the Guardian pack. Spending roughly ?196 on a free game with unknown costs and market attached just to get a Lieutenant Fed ship is just going too far. From what I saw the NW market is overpriced anyhow as it is selling items which should be account bound, to single toons at account level prices.

The other stuff to me is just junk as I dont play those games anyhow. So thanks but no thanks.
You mean you don't want to pay 25 dollars for a single Boff-equivalent companion on one character?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 967
# 23
03-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
W're excited to announce that purchasing a Hero of the North Founder's Pack for Neverwinter will now get you the Andorian Starter Pack, which includes two free items in Star Trek Online, along with several free items in other PWE games.
Do you know what?

I think its cheaper to buy an offline game. If game companies like Cryptic/Perfect World and EA/BioWare keep selling extremely over expensive content, the only solution for me is to go back to single-player and offline games.

$200 could buy ten slightly aged games from Best Buy.

Why in god's name would I want to burn $200 for twenty five tiny digital items?

No way is that going to happen. Zero.

*looks at the other packs on the page*

rofl...

$59.99 can buy you a new recently released game.

$14.99-$19.99 can buy you a slightly aged game.

I do not mind buying a whole game, but this is ridiculous on so many levels.

Last edited by linyive; 03-20-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 769
# 24
03-20-2013, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Do you know what?

I think its cheaper to buy an offline game. If game companies like Cryptic/Perfect World and EA/BioWare keep selling extremely over expensive content, the only solution for me is to go back to single-player and offline games.

$200 could buy ten slightly aged games from Best Buy.

Why in god's name would I want to burn $200 for twenty five tiny digital items?

No way is that going to happen. Zero.

*looks at the other packs on the page*

rofl...

$59.99 can buy you a new recently released game.

$14.99-$19.99 can buy you a slightly aged game.

You can get the Survival Edition of Tomb Raider for 59 on Steam. Normal version for 49.

I think Steam has Skyrim for 40 right now PC version.

And you can get those aged games even cheaper.
___________________

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 967
# 25
03-20-2013, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post
You can get the Survival Edition of Tomb Raider for 59 on Steam. Normal version for 49.

I think Steam has Skyrim for 40 right now PC version.

And you can get those aged games even cheaper.
Exactly.

If I wait just a little bit longer, how much further do you think they will drop? $30? $20?

When you buy and play a game does not matter, for as long as you do it with a sense of conservative economics.

Last edited by linyive; 03-20-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 220
# 26
03-20-2013, 07:23 AM
Branflakes

As a player who has been burned for playing this game since beta, I will not be investing any more money into another cryptic game.

Whilst I have had great fun with STO and will continue to play, and have spoken to some great devs such as Zeroniusrex and Heretic over the years, (which reminds me ive not seen farktoid in a long time, did he leave too ?) overall im disgusted at how the players in STO have been taken advantage of and milked dry as well as insulted by cryptic staff.

I will not be playing Neverwinter and I sure as hell wont be recommending it to friends.

Even if I was I have to say the free stuff for forking out such a huge sum of money really is a rip off, and as posters above mention what about champs players ?

Very very poorly thought out. Mind you im not surprised.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,502
# 27
03-20-2013, 07:24 AM
This deal is obviously designed to suck new Neverwinter players into STO, not the other way around.

No STO Player with even just a few Weeks Playtime will take a look at Neverwinter because of a lousy *starter pack* and a worthless Tier 3 Ship.


The Neverwinter Players that might come here to play STO because of their FREE SHIP!...
"hey i got that free ANDORIAN SHIP ...now lets start an ANDORIAN character in STO!"...

they will only notice that they are supposed to drop $50 for the actual real Andorian Ship and that will more likely result in an uninstalled STO client than in a C-Store sale.


conclusion
-> NOT a good deal for STO players that might be interested in Neverwinter
-> BAD deal for Neverwinter players that might get sucked into STO because of this...

come on, at least give them ONE Ship from the Tier 5 3-Pack.... if they like the game then they are still going to want the other 2 Variants for the Visuals and Consoles and that will still be $50

That would at least be much less likely to piss off your Neverwinter customers risking a look in STO because of THIS deal.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 967
# 28
03-20-2013, 07:43 AM
::Hypothetically speaking::

If the whole game was being sold for $20 to $60, without it going to Free to Play, I would have no problem with paying for a copy. No problem. Since these prices are for a tiny amount of individual items, the worth of them are way overstated. As a result of moving towards 'aesthetic value', the pricing dynamic becomes a different ballgame. We moved away from buying games, and into the realm of buying 'art'.

Art history has taught me three things important things: (1) the most successful artists are drunks, alcoholics, or schizophrenics, (2) the price of a piece of artwork only goes up when the artist passes away, and (3) critics are a dime a dozen.

What have these artists contributed to their craft? Did they discover a new painting style? Did they discover a new calligraphy style? Did they discover a new mouse movement? Did they discover or trigger off a new art movement?

Unless they have contributed heavily to the arts, I do not see how their pieces are worth more than a grain of sand.

Last edited by linyive; 03-20-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,502
# 29
03-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
::Hypothetically speaking::

If the whole game was being sold for $20 to $60, without it going to Free to Play, I would have no problem with paying for a copy. No problem. Since these prices are for a tiny amount of individual items, the worth of them are way overstated. As a result of moving towards 'aesthetic value', the pricing dynamic becomes a different ballgame. We moved away from buying games, and into the realm of buying 'art'.

Art history has taught me three things important things: (1) the most successful artists are drunks, alcoholics, or schizophrenics, (2) the price of a piece of artwork only goes up when the artist passes away, and (3) critics are a dime a dozen.

What have these artists contributed to their craft? Did they discover a new painting style? Did they discover a new calligraphy style? Did they discover a new mouse movement?

Unless they have contributed heavily to the arts, I do not see how their pieces are worth more than a grain of sand.
We are not paying for ART...
and the ARTIST is not even valued enough inside the company to get a fair percentage of the profits but just like any other john smith working for Walmart is paid a monthly fee.

We are paying for "services provided"... not for "Art".
We do not own the art either, as soon as the service is discontinued, all the art is gone with it.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,535
# 30
03-20-2013, 07:59 AM
What I find amusing is that people here for some reason think this deal is for existing STO players and such.

Come on people, how many of you purchased STO lifetime sub even after it went F2P? And for what? A ship? A playable species? These were "just" some bonuses and privileges, and not any physical items, nor the game itself, as you could play it for free regardless.

Think of this one as Neverwinter's lifetime sub, which also provides players with some additional bonuses for other PWE games - just in case they'd like to try them out. The same thing like STO's lifetime offered Neverwinter beta access as a bonus.

Still, for 200$ the offer could use some Zen stipend for Neverwinter players, as it's otherwise quite expensive.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:53 PM.