Career Officer
# 31
03-20-2013, 08:00 AM
Sometimes I wonder if they do this to intentional troll players
Empire Veteran
# 32
03-20-2013, 08:00 AM
Nice price for "free items". Nothing in this pack is "free", because a part of the 200USD (how many euros? ) has obviously been devoted to create these items. They don't get created by magics.

This perk isn't for STO players. I'm ok with that. And since i didn't plan to spend money on Neverwinter (this game is really not above average, just another fantasy MMO), I don't care. But it's nice to see that you guys aren't afraid of bad public relations when you talk about such items that aren't for us at such a price here.
Career Officer
# 33
03-20-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthian1701 View Post
The responses in this thread are cringe-worthy. I'm embarrassed for many of you.

Normal people, when they see something for sale they don't want, walk past and the matter is out of their head within seconds.

People in this thread, however, have to pause, strut around, and make a huge spectacle about why they don't want to buy the item. Seriously, I'm embarrassed just reading the responses.

And yet, you just basically did the same thing; most people ignore such comments yet you have to come in here and preach.

But more to the point, people that are ignored will only keep their anger in for so long. Same for people that have seen a game with such potential based on a beloved IP go spiraling down into nothing but a cash grab that will be dumped (probably) in a few years.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Empire Veteran
# 34
03-20-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
W're excited to announce that purchasing a Hero of the North Founder's Pack for Neverwinter will now get you the Andorian Starter Pack, which includes two free items in Star Trek Online, along with several free items in other PWE games.

Link to the news article.
I guess you guys couldn't throw in a pain stick or mak'leth with that
Career Officer
# 35
03-20-2013, 08:03 AM
So no KDF goodies? That is extremely disappointing. I believe it may actually deter me from purchasing the Hero of the North pack, which I was seriously considering just for the Foundry access alone. But seeing as how the KDF have been left out in the cold again, I don't think I'll bother, especially if this is a sign of things to come from Neverwinter.
Empire Veteran
# 36
03-20-2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maziken View Post
So no KDF goodies? That is extremely disappointing. I believe it may actually deter me from purchasing the Hero of the North pack, which I was seriously considering just for the Foundry access alone. But seeing as how the KDF have been left out in the cold again, I don't think I'll bother, especially if this is a sign of things to come from Neverwinter.
Oh you noticed that? I think I got so used to be ignored as a red side player that I don't even notice it anymore. It's just expected.
Career Officer
# 37
03-20-2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maziken View Post
And they say Klingons don't have tear ducts :p

j/k

Why on earth you consider spending $200 for something that doesn't even offer LTS I don't know.
Career Officer
# 38
03-20-2013, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Sorry. I cannot get into another cryptic game.
End game Repeatable content.
Queueing
Another "sorry your class is only 1% of te game because it is broken so we won't support it because nobody plays it"
One story mission a year
Ignoring veteran players
The "we don't want to communicate our plans because they might change" attitude. Tell us the plans and tell us when the plans change and why.

It isn't the perks, it is the lack of communicated vision about the game that is preventing my investment.
Cryptic has become way to tight lipped.

Also, what is a kdf player going to do with an Andorran ship?
First, this is a different dev team in NWO. Second, the beta is highly stable, much more stable then the 3 yo STO. And finally, more perks is great, it means that those of us who do enjoy the games will get extras so it's not harmful at all.
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.
Career Officer
# 39
03-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Oh you noticed that? I think I got so used to be ignored as a red side player that I don't even notice it anymore. It's just expected.
I can understand not developing a ton of new KDF ships for the C-Store since they've said in the past that they don't make money on them. I get that. But this is different. They are repackaging a Fed ship as a reward. Why couldn't they just repackage a KDF ship the same way? It makes no sense other than to screw KDF characters, yet again.

I'm seriously starting to doubt whether I want to continue supporting this game or not.
Survivor of Romulus
# 40
03-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Throw in $200 off the NW LTS price and I'll consider it.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
Closed Thread