Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Commander
Neither abilities are doing anything in their respective slots, so why not just give DEM over to Engineering captains. It'll give them a useful damage-based ability that they do not have at present.

Nadion inversion only exists to compensate for flaws and is often used hand-in-hand with EPS, so why not simply combine the effects of the two?

Last edited by eraserfish; 03-20-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Captain
# 2
03-20-2013, 01:48 AM
ni keeps my engies weapon power at 125 for the duration, not an effect i want to loose.
if you mean add dem to the ni effect, the way the the dem doff adds weapon drain resistance...

it would be an interesting analogue to tac power, "ha you may out dps me, but i make your shield mushy".

as for eps, if it worked like eptX4 it would be a much more interesting power. granting engies a psudo alpha strike, but with a more defensive posture to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Career Officer
# 3
03-20-2013, 07:07 AM
NI would be useful if it lasted longer and recycled faster, it does put some pretty considerable damage out while its up, problem is, it is very rarely up, definitely not long enough for high pressure to do enough damage. You could add DEM to NI, that'd be interesting..

EPS being throwable gives it some good multi-purpose uses right now
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Commander
# 4
03-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
NI would be useful if it lasted longer and recycled faster, it does put some pretty considerable damage out while its up, problem is, it is very rarely up, definitely not long enough for high pressure to do enough damage. You could add DEM to NI, that'd be interesting..

EPS being throwable gives it some good multi-purpose uses right now
The problem I have with the ability is that essentially only exists to compensate for weaknesses inherent with cruisers and beam weapons.

In any case, my intention was to merge EPS and Nadion, not Nadion and DEM. Nadion would be somewhat more useful if it was not only merged with EPS to provide power boost+resistance, but was also transferable. As for DEM, making it an Engineer Captain skill would give them something of a direct damage skill and by extension, would help out cruiser captains by giving them an offensive skill without having to give up the highly useful Lt Cmdr and Cmdr Engineering for it.

Last edited by eraserfish; 03-20-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Captain
# 5
03-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserfish View Post
The problem I have with the ability is that essentially only exists to compensate for weaknesses inherent with cruisers and beam weapons.
And it's terrible at that because the cooldown is pointlessly long. Yay, I get to do as much damage as I'm supposed to be doing! For 30 seconds. Once per battle.
Captain
# 6
03-21-2013, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
And it's terrible at that because the cooldown is pointlessly long. Yay, I get to do as much damage as I'm supposed to be doing! For 30 seconds. Once per battle.
^This X9999.9r
Republic Veteran
# 7
03-21-2013, 05:17 AM
DEM is worse than NI. The only time I would consider using it is in an Aux2Bat build with Marion Frances Dulmur.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
03-21-2013, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
^^ Agreed! And don't get me started on BAs. Enough has been said about them. Eng/Cruisers need more love
Captain
# 9
03-21-2013, 05:34 AM
what if NI included a 10% cap boost? making the maxpower levels 137.5 for the duration
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Captain
# 10
03-21-2013, 07:01 AM
My suggestion was to make Inversion a toggle. You turn it on to gain a large resistance to power drain but your bridge officer abilities recharge slower. This mode stays engaged indefinitely, though there is a 15 second cooldown that starts both when you engage and disengage Inversion so that you can't flip back and forth instantyl.