Career Officer
# 41
03-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
And they say Klingons don't have tear ducts :p

j/k

Why on earth you consider spending $200 for something that doesn't even offer LTS I don't know.
For the early Foundry access, mainly.
Empire Veteran
# 42
03-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1tigglet View Post
First, this is a different dev team in NWO. Second, the beta is highly stable, much more stable then the 3 yo STO. And finally, more perks is great, it means that those of us who do enjoy the games will get extras so it's not harmful at all.
I played both in beta. Nw isn't bad. But the problem isn't with the game (the only issue I have with the game is the ui).
The problem I have is with how the company has changed.

No communication. If communicating bites them lack of communication is worse.
Fluff over story content. Fluff makes them money so how can they justify doing story content?
"Oh that is broken and nobody plays it? Well let's ignore it because it isn't worth our time because nobody plays it".

There is just no way I can invest in that
Career Officer
# 43
03-20-2013, 09:35 AM
For real? NWO is doomed for failure...why does PWE want to go there when there are so many great DDO games that are so much better like WOW. You can't compete with it and would be real foolish to invest any money in something that is doomed from the start.

It's not only my opinion but from a vast game community...concentrate on unique games like STO rather than start a failed enterprise (no punt intended).....You will get no money from this clown since that genre nor prospect is not appealing to me either
[
Career Officer
# 44
03-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
Only NW pack I'd ever have even contemplated was the Guardian pack. Spending roughly ?196 on a free game with unknown costs and market attached just to get a Lieutenant Fed ship is just going too far. From what I saw the NW market is overpriced anyhow as it is selling items which should be account bound, to single toons at account level prices.

The other stuff to me is just junk as I dont play those games anyhow. So thanks but no thanks.
After trying NW for a couple of hours during the last Beta weekend, I decided to purchase the $20 dollar pack..., Unfortunately, I never got the 3 items listed during the entire weekend. (I'm waiting to see if they show up this weekend when I sign in.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Do you know what?

I think its cheaper to buy an offline game. If game companies like Cryptic/Perfect World and EA/BioWare keep selling extremely over expensive content, the only solution for me is to go back to single-player and offline games.

$200 could buy ten slightly aged games from Best Buy.

Why in god's name would I want to burn $200 for twenty five tiny digital items?

No way is that going to happen. Zero.

*looks at the other packs on the page*

rofl...

$59.99 can buy you a new recently released game.

$14.99-$19.99 can buy you a slightly aged game.

I do not mind buying a whole game, but this is ridiculous on so many levels.
I just got SKYRIM for $29.00 bucks from Amazon.
(at least I got all the items listed, with this purchase)
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Empire Veteran
# 45
03-20-2013, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't say that nw is doomed. But once bitten....
Career Officer
# 46
03-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthian1701 View Post
The responses in this thread are cringe-worthy. I'm embarrassed for many of you.

Normal people, when they see something for sale they don't want, walk past and the matter is out of their head within seconds.

People in this thread, however, have to pause, strut around, and make a huge spectacle about why they don't want to buy the item. Seriously, I'm embarrassed just reading the responses.
If I'm walking by a store window that has something in their display window "On Sale" for $200 dollars and looks like it's worth about $35...

I will most definitely say something out loud and probably laff my ass off as I continue to walk on by.
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Empire Veteran
# 47
03-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Yes shooter mode forced on its would be player base
Career Officer
# 48
03-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post

It kinda-sorta seems at this point that They are not making the dollar quotas They expected...
(at least to me anyway)

It appears that They are attempting to "sweeten-the-pot" in order to increase the number of sales...

That's not a very good sign, especially since what They are adding, doesn't really have anything to do with the actual game itself. It seems to me to be a bit desperate.

Mind you this is just my perception, but if I'm thinking it, there's probably many others also thinking it.

<shrug>
Empire Veteran
# 49
03-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maziken View Post
For the early Foundry access, mainly.
I think you can get free beta keys for the foundry. I saw that on the french subforums. I didn't bother to sign in, because the game itself isn't really story-friendly. See the main quest: go there, kill stuff, come back and get 1k xp and some silver coins. All the game is around killing NPCs, and even if combat is fun there, it's just a very traditional MMO where you level up and farm dungeons. I really think that's all Neverwinter can do.

STO is different, because you have 5 TV series to back you up, and you have such a rich lore. So you should be patient, save your 200USD and get disappointed later.

Last edited by diogene0; 03-20-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Career Officer
# 50
03-20-2013, 10:04 AM
if you whould give the T5,5 Jem Hardar Atackship, i might buy it next month, but so i dont need it at Level 50

i dont even tryed the Beta Because i dont want to play it only at weekend make it 2 full weeks beta then i might try never winter nights ... liked the not online game in the past
18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014

Last edited by ussberlin; 03-20-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Closed Thread