Lieutenant
# 21
03-13-2013, 04:47 AM
I've been modifying the above post a bit trying to tweak stuff and added the description and name. This is now Final version of the atrox for when and if they add Admiral and Fleet admiral. Not sure which one it would need as an upgrade. So take the description and change it to have or not have the Fleet in front of it. Either way it's still the highest ranking fed officers being the top two ranks. So the description could still be used regardless.

Anyone have any clue what balance issues would be around with the higher ranks. Any critique on how this would work for a higher level ship? Look good so far or no?

The above changes should put it on par physically with all current carriers and then a bit. But also has more subtle things to give it power. Should add versatility to anyones gameplay which would be nice for a buffed out Fleet admiral final carrier ship! The feeling, hopefully, of all the bells and whistles!

The ships design emphasizes the streamlining of the energy systems and core abilities of the Carrier gaining advantages where that is applicable. Consider the increase crew the extra people required or staffed to deal with the improved added systems. Gives the ship a little oomph in odd places. The ship is also fitted with some improvements to the hull to make it stronger to give it some more life for emergencies.

If I knew enough about inertia vs impulse the nerf to the impulse could be done with some specific knowledge. it's to compensate for the increased hull, systems, weapon, and crew etc. Not that the crew would be that big. Maybe a reduction in the replicators food rations would be due!

***If the above is still too weak by the time Admiral or Fleet Admiral exist. I say add a 3rd or 4rth bay! And change the visual to either an undercarriage bay under the engine or the two closed slots under the current bays Partially modified to be partial "Launching Bays" giving the affect of more bays without adding them practically. Basically and efficiency build to go with the previous proposals!

If the outfitting proccess is canceled you get your normal atrox back and loose resources.(Either all or partial depending percentage completed/used.) If you get rid of the outfitted Atrox you must get a basic one and reoutfit and complete the entire process again.

Another cool thing that could be added to the "Caitian Atrox Signature Masking" special ability is the ability to activate it in combat!

Last edited by aftulus; 03-16-2013 at 01:57 AM.
Lieutenant
# 22
03-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Thought of some changes for my Masked Sig proposal. Any idea what else could make it good if they ever added something like this to the ship?

Caitian Masked Energy Signature:

+x% Cloak(same as lv 3?)
-15 all applicable energy? Since I based my ship on energy efficiency I dropped this a little to be nice.
+50% defense for 5-10 seconds after decloak
+Ability to use Hanger Bays cloaked!
- 100% time to launch from bays! (While activated)
+Ability to activate in combat!
-50% time to activate again?(This or the 10 seconds above. Not sure which one is better or more appropriate.)

How would that sound on an Admiral/Fleet Admiral lv Atrox Ability. Not sure if it should need a module slot or not. the thoron generator needs one so I guess it would be fair.

If you give it both -50% activation time and the 10 second +50% you could toggle on and off during combat to keep the bonus. Would make a very nice defense bonus for this ship type! Also an incentive to keep the Aux and 125 and not raise shields power at base.

Last edited by aftulus; 03-18-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Career Officer
# 23
03-18-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm for a Fleet Atrox.

All she needs is an extra Science or Engineering console, maybe another +5 to Aux Power and most importantly, for both the C-store and Fleet Atrox, A Caitian Bridge.
Lieutenant
# 24
03-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Caitan bridge and one for the shuttle would be a huge plus! I want a whole different and very large interior too! Maybe They could use it to experiment on full scale interiors! 8)

The one thing I want more than anything is an extra rear weapon slot though! 8p I have a funky build I want to stick one more set weapon into for rear defense. >< (Namely the Beam weapon from the Temporal warefare set for rear defense. I have all slots taken and accounted for and can't change anything atm.)

Last edited by aftulus; 03-18-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Lieutenant
# 25
03-20-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm going to display other comparable ships to see what they have and how they change with upgraded versions....

I'm refering to Boffs as rank 1-4 as R1 etc. Hopefuly I got these correct. I'm not sure of Klingon ranks via symbol.

Bold = upgrade
Bold Underline = downgrade
Italics = Other change whether plain italics, bold italics, or bold underline italics.

Zen ships:

Name: Dacoit Flight deck Cruiser
Tier: 3
Type: Flight-Deck Cruiser
Hull 26,000
Standard Shields: 4098(Mk IV)
Shield Modifier: 1.1
Weapons: 3/3
Can Equip Dual Cannons
Hanger Bays: 1
Crew: 1000
Bridge Officers: 1 x Tac R2, 1 x Eng R1, 1 x Eng R3, 1 x Sci R1, 1 x Sci R2
Device slots: 4
Consoles: 1 x Tac, 2 x Eng, 2 x Sci
Turn Rate: 8
Bonus Power: +5 all power levels
Cost: 1,000 Zen
Abitlities: Launch Orion Interceptors, Carrier Commands, Subsystem Targeting

Name: Corsair Flight deck Cruiser
Tier: 4
Hull 32500 +25%
Standard Shields: 4742(Mk VI)
Shield Modifier: 1.09
Weapons: 4/3
Crew: 1750 +75%
Bridge Officers: Tac R2 x1, Eng R2 x1, Eng R4 x1, Sci R1 x1, Sci R2 x1
Consoles: 2 x Tac, 3 x Eng, 2 x Sci
Cost: 1,500 Zen +50%
Abitlities: Launch Tachyon drones, Carrier Commands

Name: Corsair Flight deck Cruiser Retrofit
Tier: 5
Hull 36000 +10.08%
Shield Modifier: 1
Weapons: 4/4
Can Equip Dual Cannons
Crew: 1750
Bridge Officers: Tac R2 x1, Eng R3 x1, Eng R4 x1, Sci R1 x1, Sci R2 x1
Consoles: 2 x Tac, 4 x Eng, 3 x Sci
Cost: 200,000 Fleet Credits
Abitlities: Carrier Commands

Name: Fleet Corsair Flight deck Cruiser Retrofit
Tier: 5
Hull 39000 +8.333%
Shield Modifier: 1.1
Weapons: 4/4
Can Equip Dual Cannons
Crew: 1750
Bridge Officers: Tac R2 x1, Eng R1 x1, Eng R4 x1, Sci R2 x1, Sci R3 x1
Consoles: 2 x Tac, 4 x Eng, 4 x Sci
Cost: 200,000 Fleet Credits, Fleet Ship Modules
Abitlities: Carrier Commands

The corsair retrofit does gain a weapon console. I tired to put more up but it wouldn't let me add the changes.

Last edited by aftulus; 03-20-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Lieutenant
# 26
03-20-2013, 11:19 AM
Since the last post seems to be full. I'll continue it here.

I tried to add the voque but it didn't let me add succesfully. I think I hit a Character limit.

But the corsair does gain some stuff like that but it's expensive. Which is what I"m going for. So I'm thinking a price of 250k or more in fleet credits with Fleet consoles minimum.

What could make this ship design feasible? what if it gets a series of small upgrades to get what i want. Or Pretend this is the equivilant of a retrofit and a Fleet variation. I'm calling it an outfitting Like in the earlier post.

Bold = upgrade
Bold Underline = downgrade
Italics = New proposal or something I"m pointing out. plain text, bold, or bold underline

Fleet(?) Admiral Caitian Atrox Carrier Outfit

A ship upgrade given only to the highest ranking officers who have previously piloted the Caitian Atrox Carrier within the United Federation of Planets. Only Fleet Admirals with access to a top of the line station can get this upgrade to their Caitian Atrox Carrier and only via a Full Refit of your current Ship!

The Focus of the refitting is mostly on the installation of new and improved energy systems and a small boost to armor for versatility. This resulted in excess room for a weapons console and more crew in the process. This refit will increase several systems for improved durability, defense, and control at an expense to forward movement. Being outfitted with a permanent and improved Signature cloak it will now have fully working shuttle bays with less energy loss while masked for improved versatility in combat. Most of the energy systems were streamlined with and to accommodate the improved masking improving performance of most current systems. Also permitting the addition of one more weapons console on the rear for defensive purposes.

Fleet(?) Admiral Caitian Atrox Carrier: (ACAC! or FACAC! The sound of a kitty hocking furballs! 8p)
Tier: 5? (Whatever is appropriate. I believe 5 will be max from what I've read.)
Type: Carrier/Science Vessel
Hull: 42,500 +5%
Shield mod: 1.2
Weapons: 3 fore, 4 aft; Can equip dual cannons
Hanger bay: 2
Crew: 3333 +11.111...%
Boffs: Tac Lt. Comm x1, Eng Lt. Comm x1, Sci Comm x1, Sci Capt. x1
Device Slots: 2
Consoles: 2 tact, 3eng, 5sci
Turn rate: 5.5
Impulse mod: 0.10
Inertia Modifier: ?!
Bonus Power: +5 shield, +15 aux
Cost: Tier 5 Fleet shipyard, 250,000 Fleet credits, 5 Fleet Ship Consoles(add more if appropriate maybe some stuff you have to craft! 8), even hard to get or rare stuff, probably related to energy systems(powered alien consoles etc?!)), + Normal Atrox which is converted permanently Takes A week to convert! (Add in another appropriate time frame if necessary)(no reduction in fleet consoles or price from having the Normal Atrox ship!)
Ability: Launch caitian stalker fighters; carrier commands, Subsystem targeting, Caitian advanced Masked Energy Signature Console

Catian advanced Masked Energy Signature Console:

Universal Console

Fleet(?) Admiral Caitian Atrox Carrier

+X(4705?) Stealth(Same as rank 3)
-15 etc subsystems
+50% defense for 10 Seconds after decloak
+Ability to use Hanger bays Masked![/b]
-100%(double the time) Time on Hanger bay Skills while active
Can be activated in combat!
Everything else is like the Rank 3 Masked energy skill at full ranking

*Note: Cannot get a second atrox while this ship is being converted. It counts as if you own it still. have to fly something else for a bit! 8d

Last edited by aftulus; 03-20-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Lieutenant
# 27
08-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Since this is now a more pheasible idea. I thought i would bring it back up.

How about the above post with 4/4 modules. Or 5/3!

And any other upgrades to bring it up to standards.

Fleet(?) Admiral Caitian Atrox Carrier: (ACAC! or FACAC! The sound of a kitty hocking furballs! 8p)
Tier: 5? (Whatever is appropriate. I believe 5 will be max from what I've read.)
Type: Carrier/Science Vessel
Hull: 42,500 +5%
Shield mod: 1.2
Weapons: 4 fore, 4 aft; Can equip dual cannons (possibly 5 fore, 3 aft)
Hanger bay: 2
Crew: 3333 +11.111...%(This is for potential survivability factors since it is a carrier)
Boffs: Tac Lt. Comm x1, Eng Lt. Comm x1, Sci Comm x1, Sci Capt. x1 (Possibly one uni slot of some kind also.)
Device Slots: 4
Consoles: 2 tact, 3eng, 5sci(This should be brought up to correct numbers if it isn't!)
Turn rate: 5.5?
Impulse mod: 0.10?
Inertia Modifier: ?!
Bonus Power: +5(10?) shield, +15 aux
Cost: Tier 5 Fleet shipyard, 250,000 Fleet credits, 5 Fleet Ship Consoles(add more if appropriate maybe some stuff you have to craft! 8), even hard to get or rare stuff, probably related to energy systems(powered alien consoles etc?!)), + Normal Atrox which is converted permanently Takes A week to convert! (Add in another appropriate time frame if necessary)(no reduction in fleet consoles or price from having the Normal Atrox ship!)
Ability: Launch caitian stalker fighters; carrier commands, Subsystem targeting, Caitian advanced Masked Energy Signature Console

Catian advanced Masked Energy Signature Console:

Universal Console

Fleet(?) Admiral Caitian Atrox Carrier

+X(4705?) Stealth(Same as rank 3)
-15 etc subsystems
+50% defense for 10 Seconds after decloak
+Ability to use Hanger bays Masked![/b]
-100%(double the time) Time on Hanger bay Skills while active
Can be activated in combat!
Everything else is like the Rank 3 Masked energy skill at full ranking

*Note: Cannot get a second atrox while this ship is being converted. It counts as if you own it still. have to fly something else for a bit! 8d

Last edited by aftulus; 08-28-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
08-28-2013, 04:39 PM
The Fleet Atrox is going to add 10% Hull and shields and an extra console which I would say has a 74% chance of being Science, 25% chance of Engineering and a 1% of being Tactical.

There will be no other changes to it's stats, no extra consoles, possibly a BOFF adjustment with a conversion to the Lieutenant being Universal but on this ship I doubt it.

The only time a ship gets a major adjustment is when it's lower than tier 5, than it gets a new BOFF layout, appropriate weapons configuration for it's class and Tier 5 stats. This becomes the Retrofit and that gets 10% and a Console to become Fleet.

Reading through your posts, you've got no idea how ships in this game are balanced and are just begging for more power.

The only thing a Fleet level Atrox needs is 10% Hull and Shields and an extra Sci Console. All Atroxes need Frigates added that are of Catian design.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Career Officer
# 29
08-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Do what they did with Fleet Vo, since the Atrox is just a standard Vo, the end.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
The Jem Dread is 4/3 with 2 hangar bays, same as the Kar'fi, and its a lobi ship which means different rules apply. The Atrox is for the most part a Fed counterpart to the Voquv (the archetype heavy carrier), and as such you'd probably be better off looking at the Fleet Voquv for inspiration. Finally, what you're describing would be flat out better to any other carrier in the game, with abilities that flat out break 'the rules' with no tradeoffs for its immense advantages. This is another fantasy supership USS Mary Sue, and nobody is going to take such proprosals even remotely seriously, without a heck of a lot of toning down. If you're going to try and sell an idea, stick to ideas that are even kinda-sorta feasible, not daydreams with stats.
I tend to agree and would like to see a fleet version of the Atrox since the Voquv has one. Fleet version however only means the 10th console slot(which Ive gotten very used to and miss it on the Atrox) and some extra hull, BOFF slots and Hangars should stay the same or at most make the cmdr slot universal. I would buy fleet modules for this ship.