Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
Skill: Particle Generators (including consoles) - EWP
Console: Plasma Infuser - EWP, Directed Energy Weapons, Directed Energy DoTs, Projectile DoTs
Console: Ambiplasma - Projectile Kinetic, Projectile DoTs
Console: Romulan Threat-Scaling [Pla] - Directed Energy Weapons, Directed Energy DoTs
Set: 2 pc Romulan Harness - Directed Energy Weapons, Directed Energy DoTs

I don't have access to the Rom consoles, but I've tested the rest (as have others - it's common info). The Rom consoles, well, folks have gone multiple ways with what they do. For what I've listed above, I'm going with what STOwiki has for them currently.

So what it looks like then, is the following:

Want to boost EWP?
Particle Generators (skill & consoles)
Plasma Infusers

Want to boost Projectile DoTs?
Ambiplasma
Plasma Infusers (but you lose the +Kinetic)

Want to boost Directed Energy Damage or Directed Energy DoTs?
Plasma Infusers
Romulan Threat-Scaling Science [Pla] Consoles
2pc Romulan Harness

And well, it just seems off.

I get (don't like, but get) fudging Particle Generators the way it is. It would be akin to adding a bunch of Tac consoles and make Plasma the most powerful.

However, Plasma Infusers throw things off in regard to looking at the rest. Why does a Plasma Infuser affect everything, but other items do not?

The Rom [Pla] consoles and the Rom 2pc Harness bonus - are like a DEW version of the Ambiplasmas. They just affect DEW & DEW DoTs - like the Ambiplasma affects Proj Kin and Proj DoTs.

So I guess what I'm saying/asking here is the following:

Shouldn't it either be a case of...

PrtG - EWP
Infusers - DEW, DEW DoTs
Ambis - Proj Kin, Proj DoTs
Rom [Pla] - DEW, DEW DoTs
2pc Harness - DEW, DEW DoTs

...or a case of...

PrtG - EWP
Infusers - EWP, DEW, DEW DoTs, Proj DoTs
Ambis - Proj Kin, Proj DoTs
Rom [Pla] - EWP, DEW, DEW DoTs, Proj DoTs
2pc Harness - EWP, DEW, DEW DoTs, Proj DoTs

It just seems off that Rom [Pla] and the 2pc Harness work like Ambiplasma versions of the Infusers. Either the Infuser is off or the Rom [Pla]/2pc Harness are off, eh?

Meh, this will either tick off the people that like that the Infusers boost EWP and Proj DoTs (as well as the DEW/DEW DoTs) or it will tick off the people that do not think Proj DoTs need to be boosted further.

Heck, maybe just better tooltips on things - how many folks out there have picked up the 2pc Harness or Rom [Pla] consoles to boost something they're just not going to boost, eh? Boosting Plasma Damage isn't always boosting plasma damage...
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Commander
# 2
03-20-2013, 09:08 AM
maybe that happens because the radiation that plasma torpedos triggers is the same as plasma beams, eject warp plasma and plasma torpedos, it makes kinda sense those things are boosted from several things but the tooltips doesnt explain a thing, anyway its a confused system but it is complement to the plasma beams and torpedos that are weaker than the others because of set shields bringing plasma resistances

eject warp plasma shouldn't be only boosted by particle generators, coz thats an expensive science skill that not every one wants to fill at the cost of boosting 1 skill only

great post, it really clearifies some doughts, thanks

but in my opinion it is good the way it is boosting the dot proc, and the way 2 pieces of romulan harness and romulan consoles are boosting plasma beams, complementing what romulan are all about, plasma

it should be like this :
EWP - boosted by PRTG, plasma infuser, romulan consoles and 2pc romulan harness
Infusers - plasma beams and plasma dot from beams
Ambis - plasma torpedos and plasma torpedo dots
Rom [Pla] - all plasma damage
2pc Harness - all plasma damage

this way, the romulan consoles and the 2 pieces harness would complement any plasma type damage you have, working only as a complement, not as a thing that boosts one proc, one skill, a dot or another
so it should work the way you said, but plasma kinetic included, because the plasma resistance in shields also resists plasma torpedos

but this is a big theme to discuss about, this is only my opinion, but still, thanks for bringing it to the community, it is a good spot to focus in
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude

Last edited by borgresearcher; 03-20-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 3
03-20-2013, 11:04 AM
all plasma dots are plasma energy damage. plasma energy weapons deal plasma energy damage. EWP deals plasma energy damage. projectile dots are plasma energy damage

it all makes makes sense to me. arbitrarily limiting effectiveness of any of these sources of plasma energy damage does not make sense to me.

in fact partial gens should boost ALL dots, not just EWP.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 4
03-20-2013, 11:24 AM
Here's my post regarding the Embassy consoles: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...mbassy+console

Simple summary, they boost Plasma DOT on energy and kinetic weapons.

I don't have EWP, but I'm sure it boosts that too.
Captain
# 5
03-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Here's my post regarding the Embassy consoles: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...mbassy+console

Simple summary, they boost Plasma DOT on energy and kinetic weapons.

I don't have EWP, but I'm sure it boosts that too.
Like I said, that discussion has been somewhat back and forth. I'll go with what you've got over what STOwiki's got though.

That basically leaves the 2pc Harness only showing love for DEW and DEW DoTs - not for Projectile DoTs nor EWP.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel