Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 462
Okay, in Infected Ground there is a part where you need to coordinate with two other people activate consoles at approximately the right time to bring down generator shields so you can upload a virus. Do this simple task four times in the relatively long amount of time it takes between activating the first one and activating the last and you can advance to the last boss.

Unfortunately, it seems like four times in five my group doesn't know how to coordinate this and I either get someone blessed with so much ADD that he can't keep himself from activating the console while the rest of us are still killing mobs or three people who simply do not understand the mechanic. Attempts to explain in chat are met with silence and by the time mobs are respawning for the third time people are dropping group, sometimes with an apology in broken English that explains clearly why nobody was responding to me in chat.

Cryptic, your game appeals to a large number of different nations and cultures, your game appeals to a large number of age groups, and your game appeals to a large number of arcade players who seem to think an STF is a solo-mission where if all they do is shoot folks it'll come out all right And I'm happy to work with those people, but since I can't communicate with them, please remove the need for synchronicity in Infected Ground (normal).
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 47
# 2
03-20-2013, 06:23 AM
in all of stfs you need a team play, so lets remove all stfs alltogether ? and make ones that you just sit on one place while mobs come on waves for you to slaughter them, with a boss at end ?

they even have to make content much more dependant from a team play then it is now ... everyone doing .. something and not even know what they are doing ... and still able to complete stfs...

NO thanks.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,919
# 3
03-20-2013, 08:14 AM
The STFs are already easy enough. This is why you don't do pugs. There are dozens of STF channels you can join for easy groups of people who usually know what they're doing.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 229
# 4
03-20-2013, 08:33 AM
The console mechanic IS sortoff explained after the 1st bossfight, where it has to be done to lower the forcefield to continue.

But perhaps the click-time could be extended abit for easier timing.
Or
Change the animation, when a player has done it once, his char animation continues the animation, so even by turning the camera angle, there is no way to "coordinate" by looking at the middle players animation for example.

Might solve some of this frustration, since the fight in the plasma-pool-room can be tricky & frustrated enough as it is sometimes.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 45
# 5
03-20-2013, 12:39 PM
they could just add a GUI addition of 3 indicators that shows when any of the three consoles are being activated. and if there is only 4 players have the 3 console requirement scale down to 2.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 794
# 6
03-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3drag0n1977 View Post
they could just add a GUI addition of 3 indicators that shows when any of the three consoles are being activated. and if there is only 4 players have the 3 console requirement scale down to 2.
No no and no. If someones dropped leave it at 3, enough is being gimped in this game already.

Theres a very simple solution to ANY STF problem... COMMUNICATION... Use it...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,691
# 7
03-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacknz View Post
No no and no. If someones dropped leave it at 3, enough is being gimped in this game already.

Theres a very simple solution to ANY STF problem... COMMUNICATION... Use it...
THIS....USING the chat window or voice chat is the BEST way to coordinate in stfs....more often than not the reason i fail IG is because we are always getting killed by the boss and having to the whole cycle over (Which is complete bull) then we all quit because we get tired of having to shut the gens down over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 335
# 8
03-21-2013, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacknz View Post

Theres a very simple solution to ANY STF problem... COMMUNICATION... Use it...
I do....mostly internationally understood hand signals....but the artards still don't get it.

KA ground is the easiest of the ground STF's,the one time people actually have to coordinate is with 4 people in the main room and 1 in the control room....I've seen things that just defies belief,like 4 people in the control room fighting over it and none of them wanted to leave the room.Or what about someone sabotaging the person in the control room by activating shield controls at random 'so they couldn't activate the right one'.Or control room virgins that have no clue what to do and won't listen to people that do.

Sometimes you just get lucky and you find yourself in a sweet group of artards that will give you an experience of high comedic value you can share with friends.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 47
# 9
03-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
I do....mostly internationally understood hand signals....but the artards still don't get it.

KA ground is the easiest of the ground STF's,the one time people actually have to coordinate is with 4 people in the main room and 1 in the control room....I've seen things that just defies belief,like 4 people in the control room fighting over it and none of them wanted to leave the room.Or what about someone sabotaging the person in the control room by activating shield controls at random 'so they couldn't activate the right one'.Or control room virgins that have no clue what to do and won't listen to people that do.

Sometimes you just get lucky and you find yourself in a sweet group of artards that will give you an experience of high comedic value you can share with friends.
in that case lets all go play shooters ? no comunication need.
besides its enough to just read some strategy guide for stfs, and you will know what to do, and wont need any communications. or just look what people who know what are doing, are doing and repeat it by yourself
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 462
# 10
03-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
This is why you don't do pugs. There are dozens of STF channels you can join for easy groups of people who usually know what they're doing.
The game is set up to accomodate pugs. The game is set up to accomodate people of a variety of different languages. There's an entire auto-queuing system in place just to make pugging a painless, casual process that requires not a wit of communication. For you to say "don't do pugs" is an asinine response.

If it's a matter of difficulty then replace the three simultaneous switches with some other in game puzzle. One that doesn't require that we communicate with two other players who've never looked at their chat window and wouldn't understand, "Need a third person at the switches" or "stop hitting it before we're all in place" even if they did.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:48 AM.