Career Officer
# 1791
03-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Isn't a static IP something granted by your ISP, not your router? You don't really have control over what IPs your ISP assign you.

Generally, I find resetting my router helps my connection. I think it's old and dying. T_T

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Starfleet Veteran
# 1792
03-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Isn't a static IP something granted by your ISP, not your router? You don't really have control over what IPs your ISP assign you.

Generally, I find resetting my router helps my connection. I think it's old and dying. T_T
You can purchace a block of static IP's from your ISP. I think mine are costing me $5 a month for 5. Originally yes, I had a single Static IP. Using a block the router is set up as transparent and the computers handle the work. In this case I have 2 computers under Static (Servers), 2 cameras with Static IP's and the Netgear router with a Static. There are about a dozen computers all total. The gaming computers all go through the netgear and have dynamic IP's.

And yes, reseting the old Linksys would fix the problem for a short time. It was old and dying. I sold it for $2 to some poor dumb sucker.
Career Officer
# 1793
03-20-2013, 05:39 AM
PuG'ed CSE earlier and was quickly reminded of why I rarely bother with it. The typical scenario where someone pops a cube too soon and the Kang is reduced to space dust in short order. Fail.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Starfleet Veteran
# 1794 Khitomer Space Disaster
03-20-2013, 02:30 PM
There I was.

KSN

I don't do a lot of KSN just because they seem to take too long.

I pug in and say 'HI' as usual.

No responce.

First cube dies quick and easy.

Someone yells 'I'll take the gate.'

So I fly left and start on the gens.

Things are going fine.

I kill a couple probes that spawned from the left.

I continue killing Gens.

I see that a probe has gotten through I though maybe from the right.

I look and see they guy at the gate, Not Moving or Shooting.

Another probe gets through.

I say, 'I thought you (Name withheld) were watching the the gate.'

He says 'I Am'

I say 'THEN SHOOT THE PROBES!'

He says, 'Oh, I'm supposed to stop those?'

Nuff Said.
Captain
# 1795
03-20-2013, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post
There I was.

KSN

I don't do a lot of KSN just because they seem to take too long.

I pug in and say 'HI' as usual.

No responce.

First cube dies quick and easy.

Someone yells 'I'll take the gate.'

So I fly left and start on the gens.

Things are going fine.

I kill a couple probes that spawned from the left.

I continue killing Gens.

I see that a probe has gotten through I though maybe from the right.

I look and see they guy at the gate, Not Moving or Shooting.

Another probe gets through.

He says 'I Am'

Nuff Said.
...he reads chat but not the obvious MISSION FAILURE CONDITION... that's just sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Imperfection - a prequel to Ashkrik23's Perfection
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Rihannsu
# 1796
03-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Quote:

He says 'I Am'

Nuff Said.
*in his best Hermione Granger impression* 'What...an...idiot.'
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Captain
# 1797
03-20-2013, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
*in his best Hermione Granger impression* 'What...an...idiot.'
LOL, haha wow. Someone obviously takes things too literal.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Rihannsu
# 1798
03-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
LOL, haha wow. Someone obviously takes things too literal.
not sure what that's supposed to mean, but being a major harry potter enthusiast and knowing pretty much every line from sorcerer's stone by heart, that was the first thing that came to mind when i read this line
Quote:
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Career Officer
# 1799
03-20-2013, 09:47 PM
I got one last night... oh my...

ISE, I was a replacement for someone with some sense who left...

I warp in, launch my wing cannons, notice I'm not in a fresh one. Notice combat to my right, and start to head that way. That is when I notice that the transformer on the left isn't dead...

Yup. For some reason they had blown the generators, but instead of dealing with the transformer and spheres, they were working on the right side... ??? ... Really? Yup... *Sigh*

Luckily me and the other replacement (Some KDF carrier, I really was to involved with the fight at this point to pay attention) jump to the left and start taking out spheres. After the 2 of us take out the left transformer, we head right...

The others hadn't even managed to kill the bloody cube yet...

Me and the carrier made short work of the right side, gate, and tac cube. I typically don't compain in PuG STF, I get what I pay for, but this time on my way out instead of my typical friendly thank you I shot out "Remember kids, normals first!"...

Edit: On rainbow builds - Some of you are missing what he is saying. He isn't saying rainbow is fine. He isn't saying rainbow is good. He is saying that mathematically rainbow is not these peoples major malfunction. Rainbow is just a symptom. If they are making such basic mistakes as using multiple energy types, it is indicative of much, much deeper problems. The rainbow beams themselves aren't really the problem, they are honestly one of the smaller things they are doing wrong. It doesn't make rainbow right to admit that its not as mathematically horrible as its reputation would suggest.

Also, its great fun to be running a torp build and mix a couple energy types to troll the purists...

Edit 2: If you want lots of different procs, you can run polarized disruptors on an Atrox, use a romulan + plasma proc console, slot 1 wing of danubes and one wing of stalkers, take omega graviton damage skill, wear omega 2pc, and slot DEM.

Distruptor
Polaron
Plasma
Omega
Tetryon Glider
Directed Energy Modulation
Phaser
Chroniton
Tetryon
Whatever the name of the stalkers torpedo is, I can never remember

And all of that without being a skittle shooter!
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard

Last edited by kimmym; 03-20-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Captain
# 1800
03-21-2013, 07:26 AM
Against my better judgement, I pugged KASE 15 mins before the server went down.

I knew these were probably not going to be the most experienced, so I said I'd take the right probes. I asked who was dealing with left probes... No answer.

As soon as we started fighting the tac cube my spirits dropped... We had a beamscort.

So the tactical cube blows up and I head right. I deal with probes, destroy some transformers and take out a borg cube. They still hadn't spawned theirs yet and were dropping like flys...

I take out the next batch of probes and a couple of seconds later spotter the left gates probes reaching the vortex. I made a mad dash towards it, but it was too late.

Okay.. Okay, I thought, so we failed the optional, no biggy. I mean I'm pugging, I never really expected them to be able to make the optional, no matter how incredibly easy it is. So I carried on, taking out the first generator.

Now, by this point they were still dealing with their first Borg cube (though they had spawned both), so I decided I needed to rush things. I quickly hurried over to the right side of the right gate and spawned the cube. Got it down to 30% before I died to a combination of it and the gate (I must have hit it with a stray shot), just as new probes appeared... Still managed to deal with the probes

Meanwhile the other four players had left six probes through.

Then one of the guys warped out, with 5 minutes left before the server went down. At this point my patience was exhausted and I warped out.

With the exception of one player, the rest of those guys would have difficulty in an NSTF, let alone an ESTF.

I'm once again resolute to NEVER pug any ESTF other than ISE. To many liabilities in the queues.

Note that I didn't spam abuse at them.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai

Last edited by orondis; 03-21-2013 at 07:29 AM.