Captain
# 11
03-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Mk X and XI stf gear is worthless since you need to be level 50 to even HAVE the rep system (making mk X gear obsolete), and mk XI gear is only marginally more expensive (~25% increase in cost, at least as ground gear goes), and for the most part as space gear goes, fleet stuff is equal, if not outright better, and is cheaper, so... yeah. Mk XI and X gear is not worth it. The only STF gear that I would consider worth getting at mk XI is the Borg set, simply because the mk XII version is only marginally better, and isn't worth the cost of getting the mk XII compared to mk XI.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Commander
# 12
03-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Mk X and XI stf gear is worthless since you need to be level 50 to even HAVE the rep system (making mk X gear obsolete), and mk XI gear is only marginally more expensive (~25% increase in cost, at least as ground gear goes), and for the most part as space gear goes, fleet stuff is equal, if not outright better, and is cheaper, so... yeah. Mk XI and X gear is not worth it. The only STF gear that I would consider worth getting at mk XI is the Borg set, simply because the mk XII version is only marginally better, and isn't worth the cost of getting the mk XII compared to mk XI.
Pretty much this.
Captain
# 13
03-21-2013, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldannach View Post
I also disagree with a lot of posts here. People constantly whine about "why buy a set of gear you will replace?" Well maybe because in the long journey it takes to get to tier 5 and all the Mk XII gear, you might like to enjoy your STF's and gameplay along the way by having some decent gear. Its so easy to farm marks anyway, that you can easily replace any you spend.
Sure, marks are worthless, you can't do anything else with them and they're the equivalent of EDCs...alas, nothing can be bought with marks alone. Everything costs a shedload of minerals, and the end result is that all that winds up pissed down the drain.

Quote:
It annoys me that people are so miserly with all the gear, after all its there for a reason
It's there to troll noobs and impatient people who have absolutely no sense of long-term planning. It serves no actual legitimate purpose in the actual game. It's pure schmuckbait, designed to drain you of resources for nothing.

Quote:
otherwise they might as well just design some top tier gear and make you wait half a year for it. Where is the fun in that?
I have no idea, but I've heard enough short-sighted stupidity justified in the name of "fun" to know that I hate fun. I had fun once. It was horrible. Never again.