Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Romulans!!!
03-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Well done, Cryptic. Not only have you added a VERY cool race but you've also seemingly completed the Klingon faction. In my books this MUST be applauded.

HUZZAH!!!
Commander
# 2
03-21-2013, 07:24 AM
omega torpedo still glitched, aceton assimilator still a 40 second console that can be on the field twice, tacticals still are op, pressure dmg still dead, engineers still have useless skills, cruisers still up, engineer captain skills sucks compared to tactical's leaving you with auxtosif3, science shield tripping still sucks, photonic shockwave have useless dmg, as well as a very easy counterable disable capability, and tacticals still can boost feedbackpulse
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude
Lieutenant
# 3 Tolian rep
03-21-2013, 07:24 AM
I'm not as stoked for romulans as I know a lot of peeps are but it would defo seem that congrats are in order for the final completion of the kdf faction Cryptic deserves a big well done, but the tholian rep is what im most lookin forward to, maybe a tholian boff that would make me very happy, time to dust off the recluse carrier
Career Officer
# 4
03-21-2013, 07:25 AM
I was looking at the page that detailed that we were indeed getting a Romulan faction. I noticed they say play any faction at level 1 be it Starfleet, KDF or Romulan. I really hope they will be including more content for KDF then cause right now KDF starts at level 20 because there hasn't been enough content for all 50 levels. I really hope they have enough content for all 50 levels of Romulan or this might be a disappointment.
Ensign
# 5
03-21-2013, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Well done, Cryptic. Not only have you added a VERY cool race but you've also seemingly completed the Klingon faction. In my books this MUST be applauded.

HUZZAH!!!
ZOMG Nice, since i started playing that was all i wanted. Here cryptic you can take all my money now
Career Officer
# 6
03-21-2013, 07:29 AM
Oh one other thing. They are listing this as an expansion. Does anyone know if this is a paid expansion or a free expansion?
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
03-21-2013, 07:29 AM
I really can't see them not adding more content.

You know what the hardest thing will be? Starting fleets for the Romulans and having to build up to get cool fleet gear.

Gentleman. Prepare your grinding!!

Out of curiosity, Cryptic, there are quite a few things that are cross-factional, like ships. I understand that opening a lockbox ship on a Rumulan wouldn't pose any problems but would existing DOFF packs contain Romulan DOFFs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphantasm View Post
Oh one other thing. They are listing this as an expansion. Does anyone know if this is a paid expansion or a free expansion?
If it is a paid expansion I would sincerely hope that life time subscribers would get it free!!

Any word on this, devs?
Ensign
# 8
03-21-2013, 07:35 AM
I have dreamed of this day since Beta... I- This is just freakin' awesome!!! Thanks, Cryptic!

Last edited by nieves; 03-21-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Career Officer
# 9
03-21-2013, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
[..]
If it is a paid expansion I would sincerely hope that life time subscribers would get it free!!

Any word on this, devs?
Branflakes said it is free already. Of course you know most goodies will be shop "optional"...

Former member of the Cryptic Friends & Family testing team. Sadly it simply vanished one day.
Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan
(member #124)
Ensign
# 10
03-21-2013, 07:46 AM
So Excited, Romulan ships are my favorite in the ST universe. I had hoped it would be made a faction but with the state of the klingon faction i never thought we'd get a level 1 start with the Romulans. I wonder what races will be in the empire. We have Romulans and Remans but what other cannon races are considered part of the star empire?