Survivor of Romulus
# 11
03-21-2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
While technically correct (original KDF started at I believe 5?) you're mostly wrong. KDF started out at low levels before, and had zero content. You had to grind star cluster missions for the first 20-30 levels or so.

Without details on how Cryptic plans on plugging that content gap, I'm not impressed.
Yeah, but thaw was ages ago. I believe Cryptic has finally walked out of their though period (Atari, purchased by PWE, going f2p), their staff has doubled and we can all start watching the results now.

They did mention that a new FEs will be released in the next update, so thay'd be my clue of how they plan to fill that lvl 1 to 20 gap.
Republic Veteran
# 12
03-21-2013, 07:41 AM
Klingon progression 1-20 and new tutorial:

Lt. B'Eta:Welcome on Qo'nos, Ensign. Here is your Bat'leth.
B'Eta: First lesson: Stick them with the pointy end.

Ensign: Let's start the tutorial then!

B'Eta: That was the tutorial. Qapla'
(System) Aquired Bat'leth MK V
(System) You are now Commander 20
Captain
# 13
03-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Yeah, but thaw was ages ago. I believe Cryptic has finally walked out of their though period (Atari, purchased by PWE, going f2p), their staff has doubled and we can all start watching the results now.

They did mention that a new FEs will be released in the next update, so thay'd be my clue of how they plan to fill that lvl 1 to 20 gap.
Unless Cryptic is sitting on a massive low level FE (IE: 10+ missions) I don't see that alone being enough to bridge the 1-20 divide.
Commander
# 14
03-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Given the announcement of the new faction, I really feel badly for KDF players. I'm a Fed, but I hope they fill the KDF faction out sooner than later.

I understand that PW/CRYP choices are driven by numbers, as pointed out by numerous interviews, but from what I've read from the players, ye gads, the Klingon faction really needs more attention.

What?!! Shiny new faction...I mean object?!
Joined STO in September 2010.

Last edited by gerwalk0769; 03-21-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Captain
# 15
03-21-2013, 07:47 AM
There's just not enough information to support being a happy klingon player. Cryptics history with the KDF doesn't evoke warm an fuzzy feelings when thinking about those added 20 levels of content allowing toon start at level 1. I can just see all those early fed missions cut-and-pasted to the other factions with little editing.

We'll see in the next few weeks, but I'm more worried about the trait rework than happy about any low level content that most will only play once in their characters lifetime.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Commander
# 16
03-21-2013, 08:04 AM
In April KDF is getting a full content overhaul. At least that's what's been stated, unless they are blowing smoke.

There is also content from the Romulans that can be crossed over Klingon Side.

I don't care to play from level 1 again as a Klingon, since I'm level 47 as it is on my main KDF. I look forward to the Tholian STFs and new Tholian Space Set, though.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
03-21-2013, 08:12 AM
Look, guys, and this comes from a player that still doesn't have a Federation VA.
I have been trying to get my Andorian up, but that is going rather slowly. I am a dedicated KDF player in this game.

At this point we really should let bygones be bygones. In all honesty, as much unhappy as I am about the KDF being neglected, Cryptic went through many changes and problems in the past and I guess they did what they thought to be the best to keep the game allive. As far as I can see, it worked. Now, standing at much more stable ground and their dev. team doubled they can do more. That they couldn't do something in the past does not mean that they won't be able to do it in the future.

At this moment, we have no proof that they wont deliver. And all I've seen so far seems very positive for everyone in this game. Well.....maybe except the Feds. - imagine the whining of having to deal with 2 factions that can cloak their ships! lol

They said the KDF will become a full faction before any new faction. Being able to start as lvl 1 seems to me that they plan to deliver on it. Mind you, I don't expect any other faction to be as "full" as the Federation is. So, we really don't have to hold any grudges for the RR over this.

And I really don't want to read posts against the Romulan faction on this side of the forums.
It is their job, as some of the Romulan fans stated that they wish the KDF would cease to exist. They're the spies, liars and deceivers, so let them do it.
We're the honorable ones. And as such, I'm happy for all the true Romulan fans that finally got what they've been fighting for over the last 3 years.
Empire Veteran
# 18
03-21-2013, 08:22 AM
we'll see what we see, when we see it.

Now they start the marketting blitz *sigh* for the Rommy's.

I'm jelous. The Rommy leader has a voice.. They get to hear Sela's sultry voice in breifing.

Just hope we get our content. Noticed a TOS warbird cruiser tearing up a romulan frigate in the teaser. Looks like rommys get new romulus rep. I assume we'll see them in action against the Borg.

Players apparently will get to customize hud colors somewhat so maybe that'll drag a few feds over who scream so much about the KDF HUD colors. The color pallet isn't that different from the old SFC hud colors... don't recall people carping about those though. *shugs again*

Other then stating clearly that starting players can go with any faction not much information for us KDF. Got a 100 GPL says we will continue to not have much said untill its launched for our content. If theres no information its real hard for folks to complain about anything other then no information.

On the other hand, they certainly have been busy little beavers.....

I'm still seriously concerned about mission content. There are a number of fairly obvious RSE story arcs concerning the recovery of the RSE faction after the Hobus nova, including several previously touched apon in the federation story arcs but from a Romulan point of view. ((its entirely possible for the RSE to have achived a successfull fielding of ixed Romulan and borg tech ships even with federation interfearence. Cats out of the bag on that one anyway. adapted Borg sets anyone?))

So, many possibilities of various story arcs for the Rom. More hurry up and wait to see what they are going to do for the larger KDF faction (if previous Trek multiplayer games are anything to go on)

I wonder if starting player are going to be bumped to an additional starting character slot so they have a single mandatory Fed, KDF, and RSE slot, or if the manatory's are going to be done away with?

Khemaraa sends
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
03-21-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post

I'm jelous. The Rommy leader has a voice.. They get to hear Sela's sultry voice in breifing.
I'm not jealous. I'd pay money not to hear Sela's sultry voice in briefing! lol

P.S. I have nothing against Denise Crosby, I'm happy that she's working with Cryptic on STO. Any other voiceover of hers (ex.Tasha Yar), sure....but Sela.....grrrrrr
Empire Veteran
# 20
03-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
While technically correct (original KDF started at I believe 5?) you're mostly wrong. KDF started out at low levels before, and had zero content. You had to grind star cluster missions for the first 20-30 levels or so.

Without details on how Cryptic plans on plugging that content gap, I'm not impressed.
Details? OK... Let me get out my DevSpy.

"Let's take, I dunno, the top 25 player written missions and convert them. BOOM!"

Huh. I wasn't expecting that.