Lieutenant
# 41
03-21-2013, 08:14 AM
Cautiously interested to see what the impact is of all this to the KDF side.

PS I'm assuming we can (re)play the new 1-20 missions at lvl50, right?
Addicted: January 2012

batlh QIH 'ej!
Captain
# 42
03-21-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhawk2013 View Post
since Cryptic obviously now going to spend time on fed and romulan guess what faction gets 0 time. yes, you guessed it. KDF will get nothing, nada, zilsh.

this is the legacy of Dstahl's promises.

Nothing.

The KDF gets to start at Level 1. Now it's becoming a full faction. They're probably adding new missions, otherwise, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to get to Level 50 in the amount of time a Fed would. The KDF gets a new tutorial. So dude, the facts are there for you. It's better than 0% more content.
Empire Veteran
# 43
03-21-2013, 08:16 AM
we may have less pew pew, but we have quality pew pew.
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Captain
# 44
03-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchunda View Post
Cautiously interested to see what the impact is of all this to the KDF side.

PS I'm assuming we can (re)play the new 1-20 missions at lvl50, right?
Logically, that should be correct. As one usually can on the Federation side, I would assume such for all Factions.
Career Officer
# 45
03-21-2013, 08:19 AM
The Doom thread you are looking to post in is here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=589821
Ensign
# 46
03-21-2013, 08:20 AM
I've seen a lot of rumors about all these new missions that the KDF is suppossedly going to be getting... did I miss a dev update or something, as I haven't seen any information supporting that.

Yes they are letting us finally start at level 1, but that is in no way a promise for more missions. The best we could possibly hope for is that any missions developed for the Romulan side will be faction neutral with Fed/KDF variants made. As far as any unique KDF only content, that is very doubtful.

The developers have repeatedly said the KDF isn't worth the investment of time and money, that isn't going to change now that they have a new faction that they have to share development resources with.

Right now the most logical outcome of the Romulan faction being added is that the KDF will be left with scraps of faction neutral content such as lock boxes and reputation rewards, with them eventually tweaking the few remaining low tier ships that haven't received fleet variants yet.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
since Cryptic obviously now going to spend time on fed and romulan guess what faction gets 0 time. yes, you guessed it. KDF will get nothing, nada, zilsh.

this is the legacy of Dstahl's promises.

Nothing.

us KDF players are used to it, we dont and havent gotten anything already, how does this change anything?
Career Officer
# 48
03-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
we may have less pew pew, but we have quality pew pew.
This, 100x this.

Since the game launched, the KDF has been the only faction to receive faction specific missions. Everything the Federation has received has also had a KDF mirror (or been a reworking of an existing mission). The KDF faction specific missions are by far better developed, better looking and have improved tech over the Federation missions.

The KDF also received a ton of new ships while the Federation received very few. There is near total ship parity at this point (not perfect, but closer than one could expect). The argument could also be made that the KDF consoles are superior to the Federation consoles.

What I really want to know is can the KDF survive without their common anger at Cryptic? It has been so long that I believe even if Cryptic copied the Fed side of the game, turned everything red and called it the KDF, most KDF players would still believe they were owed more content than the Federation.

As a Romulan fan, I am happy to exist in STO. I would have been more than happy with what the KDF launched with and appreciative of the abundance of support that Cryptic actually did give the KDF.
Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes?  Read my posts below.
Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
Captain
# 49
03-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote:
We all know that Klinkons has been treated badly my Cryptic, very little content and compared to Federation very few ships and other stuff. and now Cryptic releases another faction.

This is the final nail in the coffin of KDF.
And your Klingon mother doesn't love you either
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 50
03-21-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
We all know that Klinkons has been treated badly my Cryptic, very little content and compared to Federation very few ships and other stuff. and now Cryptic releases another faction.

This is the final nail in the coffin of KDF.
Uhm yeah idk if you got the memo but yeah KDF is going to get more content it was announced the klingons will now start at level 1 and can advance through level 50 just like the feds.
Closed Thread