Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 96
# 1 LOL at all the naysayers
03-21-2013, 09:43 AM
To all the naysayers who said there would be no Romulan faction, I say:

LOL! In your face!!
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
# 2
03-21-2013, 09:46 AM
/frantically changes "It won't be what you think" forum signature & image.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
# 3
03-21-2013, 09:55 AM
w00t ! I too smile at all the naysayers cause I knew (from a earilier podcast that had some cryptic dev on) that Romulans were comming in the very near future (I think I heard that podcast last month ) so....YES!

Cryptic - I love you ! (gives red roses)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,203
# 4
03-21-2013, 10:07 AM
<bookmarked for future comment>
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,348
# 5
03-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Can't wait till the first major issue crops up for Romulans. Will be fun to point out how you're only 12% of the playerbase and not worth the resources!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 40
# 6
03-21-2013, 10:45 AM
I'd wait to see what they are like once released before you LOL anybody.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 731
# 7
03-21-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphantilles View Post
To all the naysayers who said there would be no Romulan faction, I say:

LOL! In your face!!
I don't think anyone doubted the devs want a Romulan faction. The people who said they didn't think it would happen at this point in time, which included myself, felt that based on the devs' own comments and their history over the last three years, that a true full-faction would take too much time and resources to do.

After all, when STO turned 3 years old you still had to play 25 levels as a Fed to go into KDF and even then you skipped through 40% of the levels.

I'm still concerned about the content and how they plan on having enough for 50 levels of Romulan play and an extra 20 levels of KDF play. Hopefully this is something they've been secretly working on since PWE bought them a year and a half ago because then there's a good shot the players will get what they want and expect.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 29
# 8
03-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
I don't think anyone doubted the devs want a Romulan faction. The people who said they didn't think it would happen at this point in time, which included myself, felt that based on the devs' own comments and their history over the last three years, that a true full-faction would take too much time and resources to do.

After all, when STO turned 3 years old you still had to play 25 levels as a Fed to go into KDF and even then you skipped through 40% of the levels.

I'm still concerned about the content and how they plan on having enough for 50 levels of Romulan play and an extra 20 levels of KDF play. Hopefully this is something they've been secretly working on since PWE bought them a year and a half ago because then there's a good shot the players will get what they want and expect.
That was my thinking as well. I personally was like they need to finish KDF first before even thinking of a third full faction. If they have added 20 levels of content to KDF then sure bring on the Romulan faction. But if they haven't then they should wait on Romulans till they finish KDF.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 9
03-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Can't wait till the first major issue crops up for Romulans. Will be fun to point out how you're only 12% of the playerbase and not worth the resources!
Now that's just depressing. We already have to swim thru a river of crocodile tears from the Klingon players. Now I have to dread the whine of the upcoming Romulan complainers.

Worst case scenario: Rom faction launches, is enjoyed by all, and rom population surpasses and stabilizes at twice the KDF population levels. Imagine the whining we will have to listen to on every fed/rom c-store ship release from then on....
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,348
# 10
03-21-2013, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Worst case scenario: Rom faction launches, is enjoyed by all, and rom population surpasses and stabilizes at twice the KDF population levels. Imagine the whining we will have to listen to on every fed/rom c-store ship release from then on....
I could totally see that happening too. The Romulans settle in at the new 12%. The KDF gets eaten up by this and are at 6%. And Cryptic does its magical metrics thing and maybe even DStahl posts about how the numbers look and really they're going to make way more money by releasing a USS Dauntless or something like that, than they would releasing some new KDF uniform or whatever.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 PM.