Career Officer
# 71
03-21-2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
I am for a full KDF faction and support for it.

Even with the UI and level 1+ for KDF:

They still have put barely ANY resources in new content for KDF players for the last 3 years other than a few Z-store ships and copy-paste of Fed content

With the amount of resources and effort into building the Romulan Faction, they have to work to recoup the efforts with high player activity and popularity to show that it paid off. the priority will now stay with Fed' and Romulan Empire content

there is still no evidence that the Romulan faction is even a full-content faction and not just a "proto-faction". If this is the case they will show they still don't have the inclination for finishing things they have started

I don't say these things as a harbinger to upset KDF players, but as a way to call out Cryptic for its lack of support FOR the KDF. The proof is in the blood-pudding and it sure seems to not be fresh
I think you meant thins for me.

Had spearhawk2013 said "it's unlikely that..." or "I picked up a bit of information today from someone I trust" like khemaraa in the other thread, I'd be fine.
It's somehting that can be discussed or guessed and bantered about..
But spearhawk2013 stated what he stated as a though it were a fact.
"KDF will get nothing, nada, zilsh. "
And this is something he should back up.

If I were to open a thread and state "the KDF gets a new ship" people would ask me where I knew this from and whether I'd know what kind of ship, what it looks like and so on.
If I were to write the KDF will never get any new ships whatsoever, people would aks me where I kne this from.
They'd want me to back up what I said because it was said like it was fact.
And that's what I want from him too.
Empire Veteran
# 72
03-21-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
You mean like the whole Return of the Fk'Ihri and Federation War story arcs?

I don't recall getting to play through those on my Fed characters...
And there are plenty of FED missions I have no recollection of playing on my KDF toons. Sorry buddy but the inverse is true on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
3 big things coming for KDF in 2 months:

* Start at level 0 (often the devs get it wrong and say level 1, but you get the point) as your first character. This alone is huge -- as everyone was forced to play Fed for 25 levels (unlocking KDF at level 24) before they got a chance at KDF. At that point they were too invested in their character to immediately start over and make a new character.

* Brand new tutorial. The current one wasn't exactly the best and paled in comparison to Fed version.

* New UI options. While it didn't bother me at all, I've heard many people complain the red caused headaches and they literally could not look at their screen with that much red without getting ill. Now that limitation will be a thing of the past.

If Cryptic is smart they will focus a lot of their attention on fleshing out the Klingon and Romulan factions for the rest of the year (at least) since Federation is in a solid spot.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Hey OP...

Get Over It Dude.

You are NEVER going to get the level of consideration that the Fed's get...
(and neither is the Romulan Faction)

It's just not going to happen and it's mainly due to Monetary Considerations.
(Not because anybody at Cryptic hates Klingons &/or Romulans)

If the Klingon (or Romulan) player-base were able to spend money on an equal footing as the Federation player-base, it might have been possible...

But they don't.

This is not to say that the KDF or the Rom's will never again get things added to the game for them...

It's just a factual realization that Cryptic is always going to put more emphasis on the player-base that is the largest and spends the most...

I'm sorry, but that ain't the KDF.

Enjoy what ya got and make the best of it, cause pizzin' and moanin' is just going to make YOU miserable.

<shrug>
And ths.

If posts had a "like" button I would not have had to quote them. It looks to me that the KDF will get 0-25 play the same time that the Romulan fans get their Romies and that is pretty much fair.

I mean yeah the KDF fans were promised full faction play through before any new faction was added, but hey, simultaneous is the next best thing. As long as it is simultaneous.

Of course most of the Romie players will not know how good they have it as many of them will have never played KDF. Then they'll holler how they should get more support than the KDF as they have a bigger population. Of course you'll have to wait a year to see how the populations really shake down as the novelty of new faction play will throw off the reliability of any such "metrics."
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Career Officer
# 73
03-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
If the Klingon (or Romulan) player-base were able to spend money on an equal footing as the Federation player-base, it might have been possible...

This is something of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Cryptic makes trrible stuff (like poor ships) for Klingons and then wonders why no one will buy. If something worthy of real money was placed in the Zen store than I bet people would buy it.

Don't make a bad product and then complain when no one buys.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Career Officer
# 74
03-21-2013, 11:07 AM
You've been trolled...

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Rihannsu
# 75
03-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhawk2013 View Post
If I hear one moer person saying that "oh the KDF getting content" and then refering to tutorial and to 1-20 level, I am going to tear my eyeballs out.
So you feel that the KDF has been treated poorly because Cryptic makes new content available to Feds too?

Where did this massive sense of entitlement come from?

My suggestion to you: Go ahead and tear your eyeballs out. Maybe you'll actually have a reason for your tears.

I don't know which is more unbelieveable: The level of self pitying from people who have no cause at all to be pitied, or the total refusal of said people to do anything about a supposed massive injustice by moving on and doing something else with their lives.

We get it, the KDF was released in poor state three years ago, and since then, it doesn't get as many shiny toys as the Fed does, for monetary reasons. Well, guess what? Cryptic doesn't have a time machine, so they're never going to be able to change the way that the game launched, and they can't force any one to play KDF or buy KDF stuff, so there's always going to be less of it.

Last edited by voxinvictus; 03-21-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Career Officer
# 76
03-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
And there are plenty of FED missions I have no recollection of playing on my KDF toons. Sorry buddy but the inverse is true on this one.
That's not the point. The post you quoted was in reply to a complaint that the KDF had no (as in none) content to flesh out their "identity". They do as those 2 story arcs I linked clearly prove.
Career Officer
# 77
03-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post

Cryptic makes trrible stuff (like poor ships) for Klingons and then wonders why no one will buy. If something worthy of real money was placed in the Zen store than I bet people would buy it.

True...

But the fact still holds that there just isn't ever going to be the same number of Klingon Players as there are Federation players...

Even if the ship in question had been 'perfect' (by whose-ever standards)...

Its sales still would not have been equal to the sales of a similar Fed ship.

Self fulfilling or not... the facts still don't bare out Cryptic putting more effort into KDF (or even Romulan) stuff.

And it always comes down to M O N E Y...

They are giving the KDF another shot in the arm come May...,

Youse folks should really be starting to get your act together and attempt to get as many people as you possibly can, informed of this opportunity...

Not wasting it with negative posts here, where nobody other than "YOU" collectively give a damn.

Get out there and start recruiting past KDF players to come back and help build up your metrics.

THAT is what is going to help most in redefining the KDF player-base...
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.

Last edited by daveyny; 03-21-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 78
03-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhawk2013 View Post
If I hear one moer person saying that "oh the KDF getting content" and then refering to tutorial and to 1-20 level, I am going to tear my eyeballs out.
Hi. I'm one moer person. The KDF is getting content, a new tutorial, and starting at level 1.

Please, tear your eyeballs out now.

Go on, do it.

I'll wait.
Captain
# 79
03-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post

I think Cryptic has a very good idea as to how many Borts were sold, and I do not believe anyone could call the Bort a "poor ship."

It's not about self-fulfilling prophecies. It's about knowing exactly how many KDF items get sold in the C-Store, knowing how many KDF items are chosen in the Lobi Store, it's knowing how many Fleet ships are sold, and it's knowing exactly how many people log in and play KDF every single day.

The only ones guessing about the data are the KDF fans.
Survivor of Romulus
# 80
03-21-2013, 11:18 AM
I don't see this as a doom personally. Just because I will make a Romulan/Reman doesn't mean why KDF won't get any love. My KDF character is already endgame material besides the Romulan reputation (T4 on it though).

I am slightly concerned about grouping up with players now. I think this faction restriction should be taken away from grouping and allowed to have inter faction group system to set queues, other than just private queuing.
Closed Thread