03-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
Guns guns guns - check
Half naked woman - check
Lots of redshirts - check

thats a mighty fine film you go there
No wooly hats though. That's a shame.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 22
03-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
So if he's "One of our top agents" then he's not Khan. In your face silly speculators!

Loving the trailer, every millisecond of it. I tell you guys May is gonna be a seriously awesome month for Star Trek.
Its still likely Khan. That line means nothing. You know how trailers twist sentences to seem like they are refering to something else.

That scene where he says that likely goes like:
Admiral 1: Who do we send to deal with this guy?
Admiral Weller: We can send James Bond, "He's one of our top agents"
Kirk: No sir, He's mine!
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
03-21-2013, 10:37 AM
While it is true that trailers often twist lines around, I haven't seen any other evidence suggesting that it is Khan.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Captain
# 24
03-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
Its still likely Khan. That line means nothing. You know how trailers twist sentences to seem like they are refering to something else.

That scene where he says that likely goes like:
Admiral 1: Who do we send to deal with this guy?
Admiral Weller: We can send James Bond, "He's one of our top agents"
Kirk: No sir, He's mine!
James Bond would have Khan in the middle of the Bolivian Desert with only a bottle of oil half way through the film.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Captain
# 25
03-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
While it is true that trailers often twist lines around, I haven't seen any other evidence suggesting that it is Khan.
He thinks he's better than Kirk at everything. Thats a very Khan-ish line. Im still going with my theory that the Enterprise doesnt intercept the Botany Bay. Another non Fed ship does. They dont have access to ancient Earth records. Khan realizes that ship doesnt recognize him and he plays coy and works his way back to Earth to exact revenge for running him off the planet, starting with England.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
03-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
He thinks he's better than Kirk at everything. Thats a very Khan-ish line. Im still going with my theory that the Enterprise doesnt intercept the Botany Bay. Another non Fed ship does. They dont have access to ancient Earth records. Khan realizes that ship doesnt recognize him and he plays coy and works his way back to Earth to exact revenge for running him off the planet, starting with England.
Yeah you could call it a Khan-ish line, but what villain doesn't think he's better/smarter than the hero?
Career Officer
# 27
03-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Meh.

Big Evil. Fights, explosions, more fights, big explosion. Bigger explosion. Underwear. Another fight. Another explosion. Crash. Blah blah blah etc.

I'm more looking forward to STO's new May content.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 28
03-21-2013, 10:52 AM
I will admit...I do kind of like the idea of Peter Weller as a Starfleet admiral. However, I also think the lingerie shot of Carol Marcus was pretty gratuitous.
Rihannsu
# 29
03-21-2013, 12:29 PM
I'm looking forward to the new movie. Looks exciting.

Though I can't say I'm a fan of another blow'd up/crashed Enterprise.... It's already an overdone trope.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 30
03-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
I'm looking forward to the new movie. Looks exciting.

Though I can't say I'm a fan of another blow'd up/crashed Enterprise.... It's already an overdone trope.
I don't believe that's the Enterprise you see crashing into the ground/buildings, as other videos have shown the Enterprise rising out of the ocean. I'm guessing that's just one of the bad-guy ships crashing - or possibly the outcome from a terrorist attack making some random ships crash.