Starfleet Veteran
I have been having abit of trouble with running STO since i got a new Geforce GTX 650 video card. The game now pushes my CPU very high when it didn't before. Other games are fine.

One of my friends suggested changing to Dx11 to see what happened. To get there he said to go to Main Menu>Options>Video>Troubleshooting

The first option should be 'Videocard (restart required)'. Thats what it shows on his computers. I do not have that option. My first one is Framerate Stabilizer which is his second option. So i'm missing at least one option video panel. I do not understand why it would not even be there.

So, why is this happening? I know my card can handle Dx11...
__________________________________________________ ___
Cryptic Account: Robert_Praetori
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
03-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by storobertpraetor View Post
I have been having abit of trouble with running STO since i got a new Geforce GTX 650 video card. The game now pushes my CPU very high when it didn't before. Other games are fine.

One of my friends suggested changing to Dx11 to see what happened. To get there he said to go to Main Menu>Options>Video>Troubleshooting

The first option should be 'Videocard (restart required)'. Thats what it shows on his computers. I do not have that option. My first one is Framerate Stabilizer which is his second option. So i'm missing at least one option video panel. I do not understand why it would not even be there.

So, why is this happening? I know my card can handle Dx11...
If you're on Windows XP, DX11 is unsupported and won't even show an option for it.

Edit: Words.

Last edited by crypticcliff; 03-21-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Captain
# 3
03-21-2013, 11:05 AM
CrypticCliff, any word on when more dx10 or 11 features will be enabled for sto, like maybe tesselation, better shadows, and all the other cool stuff you can do with it. Would like to see more stuff my card gtx 570 can do in sto and its been awhile since any news on dx11 stuff was mentioned by a dev with regards to progress on it.
Career Officer
# 4
03-21-2013, 12:50 PM
I'd like to see all the areas working with DX11 and post processing again, since S7 a few areas go completely black except the UI
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Ensign
# 5
03-21-2013, 05:26 PM
hi all,

i have the same problem. I'm running Windows 8 64 bit with a nvidia 680 gtx . i simply don't have the little men? for change between the 2 videcards, as the guy above me.

How can i solve this problem? i check drivers and directX , all seems to work more than good.

Tnx u for help
Career Officer
# 6
03-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvitto View Post
hi all,

i have the same problem. I'm running Windows 8 64 bit with a nvidia 680 gtx . i simply don't have the little men? for change between the 2 videcards, as the guy above me.

How can i solve this problem? i check drivers and directX , all seems to work more than good.

Tnx u for help
Quite likely you have already been defaulted to DX11.
Ensign
# 7
03-22-2013, 03:37 AM
I have a problem with a GTX680M 4GB, It's trying to run DX11 and doing a very poor job.

I'm having a lot of fps lag spikes on all detail levels and its running the card very hot.

I've tried rolling back to several legacy drivers to no avail and reducing gpu/cpu use in troubleshooting only helps a little with the overheating.

I'm also missing the option to set the game to run DX9 and no combination of trouble shooting settings is helping.

With AA many of the post processing options are greyed out and after a while I get a out of VRAM crash.

I've tried forcing DX9 by editing the CFG file but its defaulting back to DX11.

In areas with a lot of players and systems with a lot of asteroids lag spikes are making the game unplayable, with /fpsgraph 1 running I'm getting purple spikes every time I move the camera or rotate.

Also the forums wont let me start a new thread to address the problem hence Im posting here.
Ensign
# 8
03-22-2013, 01:09 PM
hi all,

I found a solution to the problem, in the nvidia control panel i turned off -"antialiasing fXAA" and i could find again the videocard menu' in game.

i hope it can help
Rihannsu
# 9
03-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Dont forget about the frame rate limiter which never stays set. If you are running hot cards then you must set the limit to 60 or less every time you launch the game and even then it is crap shoot.

Join the preeminent Romulan community now!

Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan
(member #124)
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
03-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticcliff View Post
If you're on Windows XP, DX11 is unsupported and won't even show an option for it.
Should of stated that I am Running Vista, sorry. Are there any other factors that may make the DX options not show up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvitto View Post
hi all,

I found a solution to the problem, in the nvidia control panel i turned off -"antialiasing fXAA" and i could find again the videocard menu' in game.

i hope it can help
No luck for me. Thank you for the suggestion.
__________________________________________________ ___
Cryptic Account: Robert_Praetori