Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 31
03-14-2013, 09:40 AM
My personal record is a two and a half hours of continuos combat...I risked to explode!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Career Officer
# 32
03-21-2013, 05:17 AM
The Jorf guide has been updated with a couple new sections. Enjoy!
Ensign
# 33
03-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
The Jorf guide has been updated with a couple new sections. Enjoy!
Awesome as ever jorf, i hope people will find use for it and conver that wisdom into skill and fun.
Career Officer
# 34
03-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttheferengi88 View Post
Awesome as ever jorf, i hope people will find use for it and conver that wisdom into skill and fun.
Glad you got something out of it
Behold, The Jorf Guide
Ensign
# 35 PVP and me
04-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the words of wisdom !!
I would like to offer you my views of pvp in STO
First a little history on me, since you assume that I need to read yours.
First I played STO for a little over a year when it went Free to play
I immensely enjoy the Star Trek FRANCHISE!!! whatever movie or every show I have seen them all huge trek fan and really all around Nice guy.
started playing pvp with 2 other ppl
Wan5
KBLS

We were in a very much RP and PVE fleet the Borg Special Operations Group.
All 3 of us have played together for the better part of 6 months and we decide we love pvp at least Fed Vs Fed ( Wan hates Carrier KDF CHEESE)

We form the Galactic Privateer Syndicate together and vow that we will ALL be equal and everyone who joins our fleet can be free to do what they want and play what they like (PVP, PVE RP whatever) we all try to answer questions from new players and even try to help members upgrade their builds. . . We do not tell kids to go out and spend 30$ -50$ on ships or Consoles to win match's. We try to play the game like a game of Chess or a honorable Joust! We hold PVP practise groups etc. and enter the queues and fight arenas and have fun and win and lose.
The fun part about this game is the ability to Counter other ppls powers.
I see Torps I hit BFI
I see 5 ppl shooting me at once I use RSP
I see my team mate getting shot I use Extend Shields
I see someone with 2 Beam overload Stacked on them I use Scramble SENSORS with a BIOLOGIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see why you Sad Pandas can hold a pvp tournament and come up with 10 rules that ALL teams must use and blah blah blah its Great!!!! it really is !!!
But if our match with your team is the outcome of a Tournament HOSTED and WON by the same fleet I call Shinannigans!!! Have fun standing on that Podium when the SAD Pandas win another PVP Tournament and have Vanquished ALL who come to fight you

Have Fun in May!!

BrenCarDen
Career Officer
# 36
04-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brencarden View Post
But if our match with your team is the outcome of a Tournament HOSTED and WON by the same fleet I call Shinannigans!!! Have fun standing on that Podium when the SAD Pandas win another PVP Tournament and have Vanquished ALL who come to fight you

Just to clear up any misconceptions.

The Panda team entering the tournament is a combination of newer pandas and other Pandas that don't often get a chance to play together as a premade.

Many other veteran Pandas have been dispersed among teams that have been unable to fully fill a team.

This tournament, and other big events such as PvP bootcamp, are ultimately bigger than any one fleet and really serve to boost PvP as a whole.

Also, to be perfectly honest, due to some current scheduling issues (RL stuff) there is a chance that this particular Panda team might be unable to enter (currently pending).

Career Officer
# 37
04-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
But if our match with your team is the outcome of a Tournament HOSTED and WON by the same fleet I call Shinannigans!!!
If you want to comment on the guide that's fine and I welcome it. If you have a complaint about Pandas in general please create a new thread or post about it in a more relevant one.
Behold, The Jorf Guide
Ensign
# 38
04-01-2013, 03:45 PM
My compalint is with YOU not the Sad pandas in general

-The simple idea behind Playing-to-improve is approaching PvP as a constant learning experience. This means removing obvious crutches, and resisting the temptation of "I-Win" buttons. For example, if a skill is mistakenly changed into a one-shot ability, buck the trend and don't use it.

Maybe you should read a Guide about pvp I found on the Forum Written by a guy who doenst take his own advise. . . You have been using a 1 Shot Kill ability Since SEASON 1 and think that EVERYone else should be able to counter it!!

Come on Bro Man up and Drop your DEM Doffs than !!!!

And if your going to start a pvp GUIDE make sure to include ALL the HACKS and ALL the bugs and iregularities you have found while playing this game since Season 1!!! This also ensures that everyone has a Fair playing field and you might find that ppl will be able to compete with you !!!! Maybe you might even lose/get killed!!!!!!
Dont keep BUGS you find within your fleet because you simply have no class.. . .
I have even invited Sad Pandas into my fleet we are all Friends
I just dont like the way YOU play the game

Have fun on the 6th of April One Trick Pony!!
Captain
# 39
04-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:

-The simple idea behind Playing-to-improve is approaching PvP as a constant learning experience. This means removing obvious crutches, and resisting the temptation of "I-Win" buttons. For example, if a skill is mistakenly changed into a one-shot ability, buck the trend and don't use it.

Maybe you should read a Guide about pvp I found on the Forum Written by a guy who doenst take his own advise. . . You have been using a 1 Shot Kill ability Since SEASON 1 and think that EVERYone else should be able to counter it!!

And if your going to start a pvp GUIDE make sure to include ALL the HACKS and ALL the bugs and iregularities you have found while playing this game since Season 1!!! This also ensures that everyone has a Fair playing field and you might find that ppl will be able to compete with you !!!! Maybe you might even lose/get killed!!!!!!
Dont keep BUGS you find within your fleet because you simply have no class.. . .

~Sigh~

Where's Ralph when you need some popcorn?
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Career Officer
# 40
04-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Quote:

lol wat. /10char

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.