Captain
# 11
03-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
I could totally see that happening too. The Romulans settle in at the new 12%. The KDF gets eaten up by this and are at 6%. And Cryptic does its magical metrics thing and maybe even DStahl posts about how the numbers look and really they're going to make way more money by releasing a USS Dauntless or something like that, than they would releasing some new KDF uniform or whatever.
Even in our era, temporal causality is a ***** isnt it?
Ensign
# 12
03-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphantilles View Post
To all the naysayers who said there would be no Romulan faction, I say:

LOL! In your face!!
I always said, there will be no romulan faction at march 21st. I further "knew" we would see nothign real instead. So far i was right about everything.

And if there is a full playable romulan faction on may 21st is still to be seen.
Any klingons around here, playing a full playable faction with story-content and so on? Oh wait....
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-21-2013, 12:13 PM
And as usual, the "I told you so" crowd comes out of the woodwork. Just like the other half would have done if the current self-congratulatory crowd had been wrong. Typical.

Newsflash: being right doesn't mean you knew any better, it means you got lucky. Happens every day. Get over yourself.

Yes, I *would* be saying the same thing to the other crowd, had they been right.

And for the record, I'm not part of either; I'm a member of the group that's still waiting to see if was done WELL, regardless of what it is. Who knows, maybe I'll be wrong, too. I certainly hope so.
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.
Captain
# 14
03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
We aren't there yet, so gloating is a tad premature.
Career Officer
# 15
03-21-2013, 12:20 PM
There is a Taoist story of an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. "Such bad luck," they said sympathetically.

"We'll see," the farmer replied.

The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it two other wild horses.

"How wonderful," the neighbors exclaimed! "Not only did your horse return, but you received two more. What great fortune you have!"

"We'll see," answered the farmer.

The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune. "Now your son cannot help you with your farming," they said. "What terrible luck you have!"

"We'll see," replied the old farmer.

The following week, military officials came to the village to conscript young men into the army. Seeing that the son's leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out.

"We'll see,"
Reave
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
We aren't there yet, so gloating is a tad premature.
Not to mention very IMmature, at ANY time.
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.
Career Officer
# 17
03-21-2013, 01:55 PM
I don't know who is worse; the naysayers trying to belittle any hope players wanted to have about a Romulan Faction or the buffoons dancing around on the forums proving how easily swayed they can be.

Right now I'm laughing at everyone.
@HyperLimited
Captain
# 18
03-21-2013, 02:12 PM
You can start laughing when we actually see the content.

I'm still expecting disappointment for the Romfans in May, and my signature image will remain unchanged until then.
Captain
# 19
03-21-2013, 02:15 PM
I for one, would not like to congratulate or point-and-laugh at anyone, but to offer some words of wisdom.

Look at Season 7. People were semi-eager at the content to be released there. Look at the fiasco that has degenerated into. Server bugs, destabilization of the PVP (or so I hear, I kinda like it this way ), Foundry wars, balloon popper spam, etc.

I would be very hesitant about what Season 8/May Release has to offer. We've seen those claims of grandiose additions to the complex world of STO. We've seen them fail - actually no we haven't, since a portion of our playerbase can't even get into the game, without disconnecting, long enough to watch anything happen.

I don't really care who is right and who is wrong. In the end, it's all a moot point once May hits. At that point, whether the update is successful or not will be the most important factor.

So let's keep our bow pointed at Cryptic, and be watchful of what will come, instead of this petty squabbling. I assure, you, if Cryptic mucks this up, the naysayer issue will be the least of your concerns.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Rihannsu
# 20
03-21-2013, 02:42 PM
I doubted the possibility of a faction because I am very much a pessimist in reagrds to things like this. I am used to being let down by MMO's so I figure...why bother getting my hopes up? It makes for a nice surprise when something DOES go the way you secretly wish it to. I cried last night because I was so happy to hear that we get a faction at last, something that I have been waiting for since back in beta. I suppose I wasn't totally discounting the idea of a faction coming in May, it was more of a "I'm-too-afraid-to-get-my-hopes-up" thing.