Empire Veteran
# 211
03-21-2013, 01:04 PM
is it intentional that torp spread has 100% accuracy? and since torp spread 1 fires 4 torps, and high yield 1 fires 2 torps, isnt spread 1 is dealing more damage then HY1?

i wouldn't count on any attention here until they sort out that cristiline entity business.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 212
03-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
is it intentional that torp spread has 100% accuracy? and since torp spread 1 fires 4 torps, and high yield 1 fires 2 torps, isnt spread 1 is dealing more damage then HY1?
iirc TS 1 fires 3 torps, HYT 1 fires 2 torps, but the torps that TS 3 fires are "each" lower in damage and lower in total than the 2 that HYT fires.

Empire Veteran
# 213
03-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
iirc TS 1 fires 3 torps, HYT 1 fires 2 torps, but the torps that TS 3 fires are "each" lower in damage and lower in total than the 2 that HYT fires.
i see it fire 4. seems to many really. only when both HY1 torps don't miss, and crit, would it out damage 4 torps that 100% will hit, but so slightly less damage then 1 unbuffed torp each.
Captain
# 214
03-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post

i wouldn't count on any attention here until they sort out that cristiline entity business.
Its about the base dmg with HY 1...

HY 1 is the most underrated burst dmg skill in the game imo....

I have hit 50k quantum HY 1s... that don't happen with HY 2 or 3.

I do agree though Spread is 100% all the time... quick and dirty fix for it I guess.

Perhaps they just need to make HYs 100% acc to even it out. :>
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Empire Veteran
# 215
03-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Its about the base dmg with HY 1...

HY 1 is the most underrated burst dmg skill in the game imo....

I have hit 50k quantum HY 1s... that don't happen with HY 2 or 3.

I do agree though Spread is 100% all the time... quick and dirty fix for it I guess.

Perhaps they just need to make HYs 100% acc to even it out. :>
considering torps are basically a fire once every 15 seconds weapon, with maybe 1 random shot in between, its pretty rude that they miss at all. energy weapons hit at least 8 times a second, so 1 miss wont count as much. pretty devastating when even 1 torp misses. thats a guarantied loss of 10k to 20k damage.

50K? was that vs an npc? in pvp, with a photon actually, ive gotten quite a few HY1 hits over 20k, my best being 27k. strangely, i haven't had crits that high ever with quantums. i never use any torp tac consoles though
Captain
# 216
03-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Abilities: Torpedo HY/Spread, Beam Overload

Issue: Recent changes (removal of torpedo global cooldown, introduction of energy drain resists for non-engineers via doffs) have introduced ways to use the damage potential that comes from "preloading" a HY/TS/BO, then waiting 15s, loading a second one and then firing both of them in rapid succession (occasionally even three, by firing slightly before the next 15s pass and the first comes off cooldown again). This was not possible in the original S1.2 implementation because of global cooldowns and massive power drain. Is this new damage potential working as intended?
What else would you do to counter fleet shields / resistance build up over time abilities then?

Added none the less
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Captain
# 217
03-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Updated the following:

38. Ability: Boarding Party?
Issue: Regardless of exiting game and re-entering, if you relog into game, your cooldown timers do not reset as they should. Should abilities be reset upto 10 mins on abilities? Do they stack if used by multiple players in team? Does the temporal inversion field amplify it? Also, do scrambles amplify it as well? They also affect weapon timers drasticly (Upto 2 mins)
See Picture Please note, picture taken approx. 2 minutes after game had ended
Status: I want to thank everyone that sent us steps to attempt to reproduce this effect. Thanks to your assistance, we were able to track down one of the strangest power interactions I've yet seen since coming to work on STO.

And we just checked in a fix for it.

Boarding parties are still capable, on their own, of putting one or more category of power into cooldown for upwards of 45sec or so. But the interaction of this debuff, coupled with abilities like Subnucleonic Beam and the Bio-SS Doff, will no longer send the cooldown debuff's magnitudes hurdling off into the stratosphere. The effects of each will be applied, and stack in an additive manner, instead of multiplying one another.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Captain
# 218
03-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Guys, check Redshirt patch notes.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=600771

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post

Systems:
[*]Updated the Tachyon Mine Launcher:
  • Reduced Shield Debuff from 5% per Mine to 2.5% per Mine.
  • Updated tooltips to display accurate information regarding the effects of these weapons.
    • This is a display change only.
  • The Shield Drain from Tachyon Mines can now be properly resisted using Power Insulators skill.
[*]Updated Fire at Will:
  • Beam: Fire at Will is now capable of benefiting from weapon modifiers such as [Acc], [CrtH], etc.
  • The energy drain inflicted by Fire at Will activation now only happens if you are actually able to fire upon an enemy

Great fixes coming!
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Career Officer
# 219
03-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Guys, check Redshirt patch notes.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=600771

Great fixes coming!

"Starship Sensors now also reduces the duration of the Screen Static FX overlay associated with powers like Antimatter Spread."

Oh ****, this is some good stuff.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 220
03-29-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm still trying to find out where this came from: "The Cooldown on Photonic Shockwave Torpedo can no longer be reduced using Photonic Studies duty officer abilities."
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel