Lt. Commander
# 131
03-21-2013, 02:34 PM
and again klingons get shafted because nobody doesnt read , or they cant read legacy of romulus content.

Create your first character as a member of the Federation, Klingon Empire, or Romulan Republic and level your captain from 1 to 50.

Does this say something to you!?!?!???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Captain
# 132
03-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plox21 View Post
and again klingons get shafted because nobody doesnt read , or they cant read legacy of romulus content.

Create your first character as a member of the Federation, Klingon Empire, or Romulan Republic and level your captain from 1 to 50.

Does this say something to you!?!?!???
That says a lot to me.
Career Officer
# 133
03-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Yes, it says some fool thinks that a tutorial and level 1-20 will finish the KDF, where people who actually try to play the KDF will tell you that we are far beyond where that content will help us. It says that when the KDF ask where is my content, the devs position is that the KDF is finished, that is why they released a third faction.

Sure, the new early levels will draw more people in to try it. It doesn't matter how many people come if there is so much less at endgame we give up and go blue or green in frustration. If they tell us we will get an equal amount of events, I'd be squealing with glee, but instead they aren't, they are calling it finished without the most important part.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Republic Veteran
# 134
03-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
Yes, it says some fool thinks that a tutorial and level 1-20 will finish the KDF, where people who actually try to play the KDF will tell you that we are far beyond where that content will help us. It says that when the KDF ask where is my content, the devs position is that the KDF is finished, that is why they released a third faction.

Sure, the new early levels will draw more people in to try it. It doesn't matter how many people come if there is so much less at endgame we give up and go blue or green in frustration. If they tell us we will get an equal amount of events, I'd be squealing with glee, but instead they aren't, they are calling it finished without the most important part.
My question remains what endgame content klingons cannot run that feds can ? Fleet actions(dps kill feasts) ? From what I've played of the Klingon side they have just about as much pve stuff at end game.... Though considering I do mostly stfs and the season 7 romulan content fleet alert stuff... I don't understand whats wrong here ?
Captain
# 135
03-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptkeeper0 View Post
My question remains what endgame content klingons cannot run that feds can ? Fleet actions(dps kill feasts) ? From what I've played of the Klingon side they have just about as much pve stuff at end game.... Though considering I do mostly stfs and the season 7 romulan content fleet alert stuff... I don't understand whats wrong here ?
I think people should give it a few more weeks to see what news comes along.

But bottom line is there is not much at end game for players to get in the KDF

Ships? - no new c-store one since the flying brick 13 months ago

Costumes? 1 KDF vs 20 Fed - Rommie?

A PvP system that is becoming less and less used.

A new tutorial and a few missions equals nothing - if there is nothing to get once you are done.
Republic Veteran
# 136
03-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I think people should give it a few more weeks to see what news comes along.

But bottom line is there is not much at end game for players to get in the KDF

Ships? - no new c-store one since the flying brick 13 months ago

Costumes? 1 KDF vs 20 Fed - Rommie?

A PvP system that is becoming less and less used.

A new tutorial and a few missions equals nothing - if there is nothing to get once you are done.
well I feel the new sets that they added in rep system is something to work for or the fleet system ? Another question what is there to work for on fed side that klingons can't unless your merely talking about c-store stuff which really is way overbalance toward fed.. Romulan probably won't have as much here either...

costumes and ships I can understand I hope they change that over the coming years but they need the financial backing from Klingon to show that it is profitable enough to do.

pvp system really is suffering on both sides tbh.
Empire Veteran
# 137
03-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptkeeper0 View Post
well I feel the new sets that they added in rep system is something to work for or the fleet system ? Another question what is there to work for on fed side unless your merely talking about c-store stuff which really is way overbalance toward fed.. Romulan probably won't have as much here either...

costumes and ships I can understand I hope they change that over the coming years but they need the financial backing from Klingon to show that it is profitable enough to do.

pvp system really is suffering on both sides tbh.
Kind of hard to show financial backing really when there is bugger all to buy on the KDF side, if Cryptic expect KDF players to spend money then they actually need to add something to the store to you know buy that the players want. For example many KDF players have been calling for a ship (for end game that you don' spend all of 5 mins flying) that is not a cruiser for once, be it a retrofitted version of one of the awesome looking raptors in game at t3 and t4 (which would save them time on artwork btw) but its always a cruiser.

I would be willing to bet if they added a new T5 raptor be it a new design or retrofit with 5 weapons slots fore like the andorian ship they would fly off the shelf so to speak. Hell I don't even fly Raptors but I would buy the pack to support the KDF.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Career Officer
# 138
03-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipagat View Post
Kind of hard to show financial backing really when there is bugger all to buy on the KDF side, if Cryptic expect KDF players to spend money then they actually need to add something to the store to you know buy that the players want. For example many KDF players have been calling for a ship (for end game that you don' spend all of 5 mins flying) that is not a cruiser for once, be it a retrofitted version of one of the awesome looking raptors in game at t3 and t4 (which would save them time on artwork btw) but its always a cruiser.

I would be willing to bet if they added a new T5 raptor be it a new design or retrofit with 5 weapons slots fore like the andorian ship they would fly off the shelf so to speak. Hell I don't even fly Raptors but I would buy the pack to support the KDF.
I second this. A good place for Cryptic to start would be to offer a poll/thread asking questions like "What ship do you want for the KDF?" etc. It will go a long way toward avoiding any guesswork on their part as to what will sell and what won't. Communicating with your customers is key and it's something I personally don't think Cryptic does very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Commander
# 139
03-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Show me your evidence.
How about past history and common sense?

Quote:
Klingon Faction is now playable from level 1. Meaning our player base will expand substantially for new players.
Which is how it was for a long time and there were no 'substantial new players' in fact the player base was smaller than it is now

Quote:
We have substantially more KDF content as well, via STFs, and new storyline missions from ranks 1 thru 19.
Nope. Go back and read what dstahl actually said

Quote:
pretty sure it says all 3 factions with story content 1-50 on the new site.
it said nothing of the sort

Quote:
Ya ?
And the KDF will STILL be kickin your troll a** all over the galaxy.

Trolling is against site rules you *&#^&%#
so is calling someone a troll. which is what people do when they can't refute their argument

Quote:
KDF will increase in numbers starting from june I guess after the new star trek movie launches and since new players will be able to play kdf from start
yeah. like they did when they could do that before, right?

Quote:
1-50, New UI, and this spells doom for the KDF?
we had 1-50 before, no influx of players. a UI doesn't do squat

Quote:
Except when we go with what people on the forums have been saying, there are a lot of people who want to play Romulan but have never played KDF, either because of the interface or lack of interest or whatever.
Those have been playing Fed and biding their time.
Nope. you're making assumptions

Quote:
So why should they gat nothing like the OP (who's been making troll posts and nothing more) be right.
Oh, BTW nothing would mean not even a tutorial.
you mean the tutorial that is only 'in discussion' and can't be agreed on yet?

Quote:
I, for one do not see the reason for this kind of negativity. Every new player that checks out STO will have the option to start as a KDF. We won't be locked behind 25 levels of Federation gameplay anymore
they weren't locked into it for a long time before that change you know. and they had even fewer players than they do now

Quote:
The KDF gets to start at Level 1. Now it's becoming a full faction
thats not a full faction. we already had that with 8 missions and a handfull of never ending patrol missions that make you want to hang yourself after the 30th one

Quote:
They're probably adding new missions
no they aren't. they already said they weren't. and no 'probably' they either are or are not

Quote:
otherwise, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to get to Level 50 in the amount of time a Fed would
except, you know, most current KDF players did just that. I know I did

Quote:
the facts are there for you. It's better than 0% more content.
you have stated no facts, just assumptions based on nothing

Quote:
We've been told we are getting 1-25 content. We've asked for that. We will have it. Be happy.
we have been told nothing of the sort

Quote:
I play Fed. Why? Because I only use one toon. If I had had the choice at the start to choose a Klingon or Romulan, I may well have decided to make my character be of one of those factions - I'll admit that it would most likely have been Romulan, but the point is the same, I would have probably NOT chosen Fed and I firmly believe that this is why less players play KDF
no, the reason people don't play the KDF is that there is nothing to play

Quote:
Agreed! This is what I have been asking for since STO was released and this has been the #1 argument as to why the KDF cannot grow.

Bye bye negative trolls!
that statement makes no sense. and it doesn't change the fact that they didn't say squat about getting new content
Captain
# 140
03-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
It doesn't matter how many people come if there is so much less at endgame we give up and go blue or green in frustration.
Exactly what end game content are you missing that the Feds have? Unless you're asking for content that is exclusively KDF at end game...
Closed Thread