Commander
# 1 No PVP in May...
03-21-2013, 03:54 PM
...so this game still means nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2013, 03:59 PM
This might come as a bit of a surprise but there are some players that don't do PVP, I say some, I actually mean many more players.
Captain
# 3
03-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lter View Post
...so this game still means nothing.
Well if they're going to allow Romulans to enter PVP, then they have to do some work on PVP. So common sense dictates that PVP is getting something done to it. As in, the queues will have to be tweaked at least. Probably a much bigger change, as I bet they finally just Free For All it, letting 5 of any faction go against 5 of any other faction. Mix and match. Have at it.
Captain
# 4
03-21-2013, 04:05 PM
Let's hope PvP improvements for the next Season.

We still don't have a strong end game content, but STO it's slowly going there.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
03-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badvaio View Post
This might come as a bit of a surprise but there are some players that don't do PVP, I say some, I actually mean many more players.
This might come as a much better surprise to you but there are LOTs of people who DO play PvPs...lost counts of how much tons of DIL and EC I made with friends and countless of matches specially on weekends either space or ground...just because you dont like it doesnt mean others won't
[
Ensign
# 6
03-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Have patience.

Im sure when details of the next season/content update start being released, we'll be assured pvp will get some attention. Then when the update goes live without any pvp additions, we'll be assured the next one will give pvp some love, and the vicious cycle shall continue.
Commander
# 7
03-21-2013, 04:17 PM
I thought we were gonna have a new PVP Reputation system in May (not the best idea, but at least it was gonna be some fresh non-PvE content). I wish people could undestand how meaningless factions are in a game without actual PVP.
Captain
# 8
03-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lter View Post
I thought we were gonna have a new PVP Reputation system in May (not the best idea, but at least it was gonna be some fresh non-PvE content). I wish people could undestand how meaningless factions are in a game without actual PVP.
Where did they say that we aren't getting the PvP rep? I mean, if they actually said that then fine; but if the didn't... well, you don't think they'd give us a 'big reveal' 2 months in advance without saving a whole ton of stuff for dev blog teases do you?

Actually... did they ever say that PvP rep was for May? I don't recall.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Commander
# 9
03-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmanx View Post
Actually... did they ever say that PvP rep was for May? I don't recall.
There are plenty of topics about broken promisses from Cryptic. This is not one of them. I'm only talking about facts.
Empire Veteran
# 10
03-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Yay! It means pvp will likely remain this FFA zone without any kind of rules, and won't be turned into a store. I like pvp as it is!

Anyway, devs start developing pvp when they need cheap endgame content that doesn't need to be maintained. No major pvp updates means cryptic and pwe are still investing into this game, which is cool. PvP is just a way to say STFU to veterans, 'you have something to do don't bother us'.

Last edited by diogene0; 03-21-2013 at 04:40 PM.