Empire Veteran
# 21
03-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Cryptics "Track Record" of improvements for non-Fed speaks Volumes.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Captain
# 22
03-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
There is a Taoist story of an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. "Such bad luck," they said sympathetically.

"We'll see," the farmer replied.

The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it two other wild horses.

"How wonderful," the neighbors exclaimed! "Not only did your horse return, but you received two more. What great fortune you have!"

"We'll see," answered the farmer.

The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune. "Now your son cannot help you with your farming," they said. "What terrible luck you have!"

"We'll see," replied the old farmer.

The following week, military officials came to the village to conscript young men into the army. Seeing that the son's leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out.

"We'll see,"
I thought the story was about a Zen master. . .
Captain
# 23
03-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Now that's just depressing. We already have to swim thru a river of crocodile tears from the Klingon players. Now I have to dread the whine of the upcoming Romulan complainers.

Worst case scenario: Rom faction launches, is enjoyed by all, and rom population surpasses and stabilizes at twice the KDF population levels. Imagine the whining we will have to listen to on every fed/rom c-store ship release from then on....

Oh shut up. You Fedbears do PLENTY of whining and crying of your own, and you mostly get what you want.

At least the KDF has reason to complain. You Federation players are just spoiled.
Empire Veteran
# 24
03-21-2013, 04:20 PM
You know bragging makes no sense, there's no losers here, since we're all going to be able to play the new content.

Being cautious with cryptic and what you could expect from them is... Expected, considering what they did over the last years. If there's no more reason not to be optimistic then i'm happy to be proven wrong, but for now, all we know is that there's a new faction, but no one knows what the content will be. Episodes? Rabbit tagging? Levelling using the mirror incursion ad nauseum? You see, there are still many questions that needs to be answered. And it's not a shame or being silly to ask them.
Captain
# 25
03-21-2013, 04:28 PM
As a naysayer, I'm in esteemed company.
Republic Veteran
# 26
03-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Gloating like that is a little much.

I was told many times i was wrong for even think there was a Faction, and it was a FE, and I need to get my head out my rear.

I mean I could easy just type like

Hahaha suck it nananana I win you lose, ohhh what FE what what oh noo who is right What what you mad bro. Who has two thumbs and will be getting a Warbird This guy.

But that is beneath me, and it should be for you.

“confession is good for the soul”

Starfleet Veteran
# 27
03-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Firstly, I'm very happy there a major expansion in STO.

But lets just see what it looks like when its actually released. Are you going to be one of those players complaining about lack of content if there are huge holes?
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Commander
# 28
03-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Although I was expecting them to release the romulan faction, I did not call that it would be the may update.

Bravo to cryptic
Commander
# 29
03-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Can't wait till the first major issue crops up for Romulans. Will be fun to point out how you're only 12% of the playerbase and not worth the resources!
You think we're going to get a whole 12% of the player base? Loving your optimism!
Captain
# 30
03-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphantilles View Post
To all the naysayers who said there would be no Romulan faction, I say:

LOL! In your face!!
To all the yessayers who buy into every thing Cryptic announces;

I'll believe it when I see it.