Starfleet Veteran
# 11
03-21-2013, 06:41 AM
The biggest question for me is what kind of experience do they anticipate players having on the Romulan and KDF side for levels 1-50.

Personally I love STO for the storyline, which may make me an insignificant minority of the playerbase but I actually liked the story arcs in the game when leveling my character 3 years ago. It was fun to take on new missions and learn more about the ST universe as presented through the game's missions.

The anniversary mission was a great example of a rich experience in the game, it was very enjoyable and I hope to see more of that, and more missions where I can bring MY crew with me too.

Hopefully this isn't just more shallow grinding content but will also have some depth to it.

Personally, I have no interest in playing as a Romulan, associating with the KDF or playing anything other than my Fed character. It will definitely be interesting how popular the Romulan faction is after the shinyness wears off.
=/\= ================================= =/\=
Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
=/\= ================================= =/\=
Career Officer
# 12
03-21-2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
You can start any faction - including Klingons - at level 1, so it's a safe bet they got some low level mission content. I believe Dan Stahl had confirmed their new tutorial. It might not be a whole lot, but it's more than they have now and that is a good thing.
I still want some details, because right now it seems like they're going back on their word that the KDF would be "finished" before they would ever consider adding a new faction.

But this is Cryptic we're talking about. They often say one thing but do the opposite. No surprise there.

It's nice that we're getting playable Romulans, but I was hoping this would be more of a "quality of life" update for STO. Instead it seems like we're going to be getting a whole new mountain of problems on top of the one we already have that has plagued the game for 3 years.
@HyperLimited
Career Officer
# 13
03-21-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
It's nice that we're getting playable Romulans, but I was hoping this would be more of a "quality of life" update for STO. Instead it seems like we're going to be getting a whole new mountain of problems on top of the one we already have that has plagued the game for 3 years.
And how do you know that the expansion doesn't address any of these issues and correct them? There are UI improvements, so there may be other QoL fixes as well. It's a bit premature to cry doom! here. Wait until it's on Tribble and try it out first. Then if all the known 3 year+ bugs are still there, I'll be right behind you in the complaint line.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?
Career Officer
# 14
03-21-2013, 07:03 AM
Quote:
You can start any faction - including Klingons - at level 1, so it's a safe bet they got some low level mission content. I believe Dan Stahl had confirmed their new tutorial. It might not be a whole lot, but it's more than they have now and that is a good thing.
I wouldn't say it's a safe bet -- the only KDF exclusive content Dan mentioned just a month ago was a new KDF tutorial.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Ensign
# 15
03-21-2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
I think it's great that Klingons got some attention. I hope the trend continues and I look forward to trying out the new stuff for them.
Until we see a list of EXACTLY EVERYTHING KDF players are getting, I'm personally going with the idea that they get nothing.

That's been Cryptic's style since before launch, so there's no reason to expect different.
Captain
# 16
03-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
I still want some details, because right now it seems like they're going back on their word that the KDF would be "finished" before they would ever consider adding a new faction.
I would too. I don't think they would go back on their word quite like that, so they must feel that KDF is done even if the players don't.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.