Captain
I am happy about the news but I have concerns. I am worried about how this will effect the Klingon faction. With another faction to play as how many people will be playing on the Klingon side. I am worried that if the Romulan faction does not get enough people playing it and they don't make enough money from them that they are going to be treated like the Klingon side has been.

Me personally I am going to play on the Romulan side in addition to playing some on both the Fed and Klingon side. I like variety so for me personally it is better to have more options.

I would like to see what people think and what concerns you have.
Lieutenant
# 2
03-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Just so you know, the warbird and scimitar if they release it will be lockbox most likely. It will not be FREE.

The warbird possible in the C store, but lockbox would make them more money.
Captain
# 3
03-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by transam83 View Post
Just so you know, the warbird and scimitar if they release it will be lockbox most likely. It will not be FREE.

You say that very confidently.

I disagree.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Captain
# 4
03-21-2013, 05:56 PM
Quote:

Why would they add the Romulans and have their most important ships be lockbox that makes no sense and I would think it would anger most people just like it would piss me off. I think they will have their D'Deridex Warbird, Scimitar and Mogai ships be free level up ships but have refit/retrofit version in the C-Store.
Captain
# 5
03-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Quote:

The warbird is already on the page and in the screenshots.

This is what the website says:
Quote:
Warbirds

Romulan captains take command of mighty Warbird Class starships. Push the engines to the limit and unleash the new and devastating powers of the Singularity Core.
This is a link to the image. Notice the warbird is the top right corner ship.

The Scimitar might end up a pay for it ship. But the warbird seems to be the entire class of ships they're putting out for this new faction.
Commander
# 6
03-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Quote:

Most likely the Warbird will be a standard end-game ship.

The C Store only kicks in for the "Fleet" version, that'll cost ya 20 bucks in FSMs and who knows how much time wasted in leveling your new fleet's base.
Republic Veteran
# 7
03-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:

KDF ships don't make them much money, unless the Romulan faction has some kind of major shift, I don't think that will change for Romulans, other then maybe some good intial sales while Romulans are populating and leveling.

There will probably be the basic iconic ships for leveling, and then Some new C-Store Designs, and Fleet versions of all of the above.

I don't see them putting a primary iconic faction ship in a Lockbox.
Career Officer
# 8
03-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
They did it to the Galor. But I agree, I don't think we'll see them in Lockboxes. There will certainly be upgraded versions available through the fleet and cstores.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 9
03-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
KDF ships don't make them much money, unless the Romulan faction has some kind of major shift, I don't think that will change for Romulans, other then maybe some good intial sales while Romulans are populating and leveling.

There will probably be the basic iconic ships for leveling, and then Some new C-Store Designs, and Fleet versions of all of the above.

The Scimitar, D'Dedrix (I am sure I am spelling that wrong), and Mogai will NOT be in a lockbox.

The whole reason we haven't seen them in a lockbox yet was cryptic has said they were waiting for a Romulan Faction. Now we have (or will have) said faction, and people think they will NOW put them in a lockbox. Forgive me for sounding "Vulcan" but does anyone else not see how illogical that would be.

Cryptic has said, Lockboxes are only for ships that would not be IP appropriate. I don't see how a Romulan Faction running around with a bunch of D'dedrixes is inappropriate to the IP.
Commander
# 10
03-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
They did it to the Galor. But I agree, I don't think we'll see them in Lockboxes. There will certainly be upgraded versions available through the fleet and cstores.
Well yeah, but I just took that to mean that they have no plans to put the Cardassians in the game as a playable faction. Just like the Ferengi, Breen, Dominion, Tholians, and any other species that finds their iconic ships trapped in floating space-cubes.