Commander
# 1 postpone ground bootcamp 3?
03-21-2013, 09:25 PM
On account of STO ground pvp being currently broken beyond all recognition, should we postpone ground bootcamp indefinitely?

What are we going to teach people? Right now half the lessons I can give somebody will be nonfunctional right now because of bugs or design flaws, and half the lessons I could give are going to be useless if they ever fix those bugs and flaws. And ALL of them are going to be expressed like this: "See how this power says it does this and this? Well, it ACTUALLY does this other thing..."
Empire Veteran
# 2
03-21-2013, 11:18 PM
I guess I'm out in the dark on this one.

I'm curious about the specific examples you might have, if you want to post them that is.

Main thing I've been noticing is the melee exploit a lot more often.

Survivor of Romulus
# 3
03-21-2013, 11:43 PM
Knockback Resistance
http://youtu.be/w6nnusE6eT4?hd=1

Hold Resistance
http://youtu.be/baWmNqd2UJs?hd=1

Reroute Power to Shields Broken
http://youtu.be/BkETv1ymfOE?hd=1

Omega Shield Broken
http://youtu.be/L973L0NTdvM?hd=1

from pugs comment in the other thread.
Commander
# 4
03-22-2013, 01:51 AM
Add to this:
MACO and Adapted Maco 3set bonuses are nonfunctionl
Slow resistance is also nonfunctional
You can do damage through walls with certain abilities
There is a way to prevent hypos from healing, but I prefer not to mention how.
MACO 2set bonus does not correctly apply its shield resistance

And that's just things discovered in the last month or so, which simply stack onto the existing mountain of problems and bugs.
Commander
# 5
03-22-2013, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guriphu View Post
On account of STO ground pvp being currently broken beyond all recognition, should we postpone ground bootcamp indefinitely?
I think the bootcamp should continue.State of the PVP and bootcamp are in my opinion 2 different things.Bootcamp fulfill's the lack of a good help file into ground PVP.Personally I learned much from the last 2 sessions and I am looking forward for the third.
Originally Posted by zipagat :
"There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
Career Officer
# 6
03-22-2013, 08:12 PM
I agree on postponing. Most of the bugs are very frustrating and are taking the fun away from ground pvp, for me anyway. Unfortunately it doesn't seem they're anywhere high on the priority list.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-22-2013, 09:46 PM
I am voting on postponing the camp. I know there are people that would like to benefit from the coaching, but the issue is that there are too many problems to cover them in a proper manner. And there is no way to avoid teaching people counters to these issues without teaching them the exploit. I don't believe that the spirit of the bootcamp is to do such things and we have been trying hard to keep the bootcamp lessons within these parameters.. It would be fine if there were just a small number and we could devise a fair way to teach it's counter.
Empire Veteran
# 8
03-25-2013, 09:54 AM
I'm curious, is this officially postponed?

Captain
# 9
03-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guriphu View Post

What are we going to teach people? Right now half the lessons I can give somebody will be nonfunctional right now because of bugs or design flaws, and half the lessons I could give are going to be useless if they ever fix those bugs and flaws. And ALL of them are going to be expressed like this: "See how this power says it does this and this? Well, it ACTUALLY does this other thing..."
I am going to make an announcement about this tomorrow. Pug01 and I have been in conversation about this issue, Subu. I have been delaye din posting the info, however, since I have been away at a conference out of state. THanks.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus