Lt. Commander
# 1 Need some advice please
03-21-2013, 07:05 PM
I am flying the Exeter class with my max level character, and since I only have 4 weapon slots I want to get the most bang for my buck. What weapons/consoles would you recommend and why? Thanks
Career Officer
# 2
03-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Please please please please tell me you are not taking that into STFs or PVP missions.... please.

But to answer your question, no matter what you do you are going to be underpowered. You aren't getting the best benefit from your BOs. You aren't getting enough tactical slots to boost your weapons.

I love the Exeter as well but to use it as a Vice Admiral, you are honestly just wasting your own time in it and wasting the time of anyone you play with.

Eisaak
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2013, 08:46 PM
Dont worry, my preferred gameplay consists of doing my dailies and foundry missions. I use the ship for my own personal enjoyment and it wont negatively effect other people
Captain
# 4
03-21-2013, 09:44 PM
LOL, I remember seeing someone with the Exeter / Constitution in an STF many months ago. I actually gave the guy a salute for having the balls to do that.

That said, there's some different options.

Traditional: 1 phaser array and 1 torpedo fore and aft. This is balanced firepower while giving the torpedo option when the opportunity presents itself. If you want traditional Fed appearance, use phasers, or the retrofitted ones just to make people go "WTF."

All beam weapons: 4 total beam arrays, no torps. Use Beam Overload for the heavy punch, and if you can broadsides. If you for some reason have these expensive weapons loaded, Anti-Proton for the Crit Severity bonus. Any extra damage is a nice boost, especially on a crit. Before you try for this weapon type, be aware that, last I checked, are only available via the dil store and cost a pretty penny.

Wide-Arc Quantums: If you have the Regent class C-Store ship, you could toss in the wide-arc Quantum Torp launcher and opt for Torpedo Spread or HYT. Mount it to the front, and have 3 beam arrays. You can broadside with the beam arrays, but due to the wide arc of this unique quantum tube, you can still fire these torps to the side while broadsiding.