Career Officer
# 31
03-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
With them coming out in May now, I figured I'd make a thread asking who your favorite Romulan is. Anyone of them from the shows or movies.

For me, Tomalok.
For me - Mark Leonard's nameless Romulan Commander of the Romulan Flagship BoP from the TOS episode that introduced Romulans in Star Trek - "Balance of Terror"

(And I don't care if a Cryptic Dev thinks the TOS era Romulan uniforms look ridiculous as I think they would work fine and would like to see them as a Romulan character uniform option in STO)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Republic Veteran
# 32
03-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
For me - Mark Leonard's nameless Romulan Commander of the Romulan Flagship BoP from the TOS episode that introduced Romulans in Star Trek - "Balance of Terror"

(And I don't care if a Cryptic Dev thinks the TOS era Romulan uniforms look ridiculous as I think they would work fine and would like to see them as a Romulan character uniform option in STO)
Agreed, TNG one to me look weird than the TOS one....never been a fan of the pointy shoulders

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Empire Veteran
# 33
03-21-2013, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Agreed, TNG one to me look weird than the TOS one....never been a fan of the pointy shoulders
As I said in another thread:

This player does not speak for me, and I would gladly spend Zen on the TNG Romulan uniforms.

Career Officer
# 34
03-22-2013, 12:10 AM
The Romulan Commander from "Balance of Terror" by a long way.

"In a different reality, I could have called you 'friend.'" - I got chills just typing that.

Rounding out my top three, I'd put Sela in second place just because she's so damned devious, and Donatra at a close third.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Career Officer
# 35
03-22-2013, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeolusdallas View Post
My biggest gripe with TNG is what they did to the Romulans. In TOS they where honorable and civilized enemies while the Klingons were dishonorable Fascist stand ends. But in TNG they turned the Klingons into Space Viking Samurais ? and the Romulans became cowardly. Don't even get me started on that stupid forhead ridge TNG added. I mean seriously the Romulans are simple a separatist Vulcan nation not a different species. And Vulcans don't have forhead ridges. Grrrr!
Guess it depends on what one considers 'cowardly'. I'd describe them more as 'isolationist' for the most part, and by the time of DS9 they actually came across as being quite methodical.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Rihannsu
# 36
03-22-2013, 03:50 AM
Tomalak. No contest, at least to me. I'd love to see him appear in STO at some point. I would be deleriously happy if that happened.
Rihannsu
# 37
03-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Guess it depends on what one considers 'cowardly'. I'd describe them more as 'isolationist' for the most part, and by the time of DS9 they actually came across as being quite methodical.
yes, very calculating and methodical. A good example of this is Vreenak.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 38
03-23-2013, 03:13 PM
Captain
# 39
03-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post

He gets my vote too.