Empire Veteran
# 31
03-22-2013, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lter View Post
...so this game still means nothing.
we will have a new faction, but franckly I am not interested in playing the same contents using a 3th faction and I am not interested in spending time and a huge ammount of resources trying to build a new base.

I want a new pvp system.
Empire Veteran
# 32
03-22-2013, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
What you call 'cheap endgame content' is the BEST ENDGAME CONTENT.

Just watch LoL, BF3, SC II, etc, why do you think that these games are the best? for their missions against the A.I. or PvP?
Starcraft II is a RTS. And since i'm a big fan of the genre, i can't disagree. RTS only make sense against players. But in STO? not so much. Arena looks like an horrible space FPS and i really don't like that. I'd rather play something around gathering resources, tactical elements, with some game cards elements (like support NPCs)... It would be a sort of MOBA and i can enjoy this. Badly design space pew pew sucks. MOBA games don't.

This is why i'm a fan of kerrat by the way. So, as long as PvP is a MOBA and not a poor space FPS I'm ok, but that's definitely not what it is, so don't change kerrat, rewards, and so on. But seriously, pvp would need a complete overhaul, because arena-style is FUBAR in this game, so unless they get rid of this and include major PvE elements in it it's not worth it.

Last edited by diogene0; 03-22-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Captain
# 33
03-22-2013, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lter View Post
I wish people could understand how meaningless factions are in a game without actual PVP.
Don't worry , once they will institute a factionless (all VS all) random PVP -- then you will understand the true meaning of 'meaningless pew-pew' .

The fact that this is seen as a stepping stone toward territory control is hilarious ... .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Commander
# 34
03-22-2013, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Starcraft II is a RTS. And since i'm a big fan of the genre, i can't disagree. RTS only make sense against players. But in STO? not so much. Arena looks like an horrible space FPS and i really don't like that. I'd rather play something around gathering resources, tactical elements, with some game cards elements (like support NPCs)... It would be a sort of MOBA and i can enjoy this. Badly design space pew pew sucks. MOBA games don't.

This is why i'm a fan of kerrat by the way. So, as long as PvP is a MOBA and not a poor space FPS I'm ok, but that's definitely not what it is, so don't change kerrat, rewards, and so on. But seriously, pvp would need a complete overhaul, because arena-style is FUBAR in this game, so unless they get rid of this and include major PvE elements in it it's not worth it.
I may be wrong, but I think the vast majority of the people demanding actual PVP means something like that. For example, Starbase sieges, Fleet vs Fleet, more zones like Khe'rat, sector control, strategies... The current PVP sucks cause its still in beta or less. Well, it always has to be an "arena" for the more hardcore and competitive pvpers, but what I want is just some fun involving interaction with another players... Y'know, an MMO.
[That's it, Spanish and/or Hispanic Fleet]
L'Ter@lotherus - Alien Sci Officer - Wells/Destroyer
(No quiero mas reputaciones - No more rep!)
Ensign
# 35 All vs all
03-22-2013, 10:47 AM
I just want to say I think your right if I understand you correctly on this. I believe that in PVP, unless in special matches or something, Fed's should never PVP against feds. Also I think what you mean by all vs all to be some generic form of PVP where any faction ship fights against any faction ship friend or foe. This would, if what you are saying, be ridiculous and not a step to territorial PVP. (I know we have matches now with Fed vs Fed and Klingon vs Klingon, and well the latter may be Ok but the first is just wrong).
RTS is another form of play, but I see that as more of a tactical overview. We already have a decent tactical overview in terms of ships, but the great thing about SC1 2 and 3 was it appealed to those of us who also like strategy. There is nothing wrong with RTS, not even saying it couldn't work somehow in this game, I just have a personal love for big strategic overviews in MMO's because so few have that kind of grand scale.
This is why I loved SWG near the end, I got to sit down with my Guild and plan every aspect of my personal war against the Empire, and was some of the most fun I've ever had in gaming. Getting older, and becoming more of a Star Trek fan though, I would love to have the same type of immersion with my Fleet in this game.
I also believe that a good MMO reaches out to all 3 types of major gameplayers, that being RTS Strategy and action (Or tactical as I like to call it). The nice thing about territorial combat is that it moves the strategic and metagaming part of the game forward. It wouldn't be easy, and who knows if it could be done. Some don't believe it can because of either the tech or the company doing it, but I'll continue to drum up support, because the strategic crowd in MMO gaming is usually completely overlooked .
Captain
# 36
03-22-2013, 10:54 AM
I don't do pvp, and around 10% of my in game friends do pvp . That is 90% pve players.

So.... I don't care if PVP is removed from the game altogether.

This is a mainly PVE game, so what did you expect?
Ensign
# 37 Pve
03-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Just wanted to respond to that quickly and say anything territorial would -have- to include PVE for players who don't like to PVP. And I do know where your coming from. Not everyone likes to. Heck I'd end up doing most of the PVE things myself in such a system, so everyone can contribute to the control. Short post but sorry had to respond to that.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-22-2013, 11:07 AM
I would hope season 8 is a big PvP revamp, open PvP is a joke. PvP has always been among my favorite things to do in MMOs...this game is seriously lacking in that department...the maps suck.