Captain
# 11
03-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Making Keys Bound is bad bad idea.
Commander
# 12 o.o
03-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Well, maybe it would not change the crafting thing. Perhaps I was a bit mistaken, but I am disapointed with crafting and the return of the dilithium invested. 15k dil for an antiproton dual heavy cannon versus 20k FC-10k dil when buying one from the fleet store instead of the exchange. I don't know what to do to make money. I don't want to sell keys. As I said, I enjoy to craft and sell the items. I like to feel like I provided some service to the community.
Captain
# 13
03-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Because "crafting sucks" (and it is completely useless, a total waste of time) is no reason to nerf everything else.

Worst thread of the day. Even above the "generic KDF whine thread for March 21, 2013". Congratulations.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 14
03-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Crafting sucks because of the cost. Only a few things are worth crafting like Kits and the Horta non combat pet into a combat Horta because they don't require the use of Dilithium to buy unreplicateable materials.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
03-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Nobody crafted for a long time before there were keys to sell. Since before there were hybrid weapons, fleet weapons, the reputation system, or even those experimental upgrade doff projects. The last time anyone seriously crafted was when there were only the Aegis and Borg sets and the Borg set was nigh impossible to complete. And even then, it wasn't big business. People made a lot of money selling Aegis sets, most of them blissfully unaware that they could make twice as much just selling the rare particle traces to people who were crafting because it was the last narrow avenue of advancement left to them.
Career Officer
# 16
03-22-2013, 01:49 AM
I would have to disagree with this. Not everyone enjoys crafting in MMOs, and not everyone who likes crafting likes it in STO. I'd argue that it'd be better to make crafting better, more attractive, more lucrative, etc., which would improve the game. Nerfing Master Keys would not improve the game, and would not solve any deficiencies with crafting.

Better to treat the cause than the symptoms, right?
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Captain
# 17
03-22-2013, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akurie666 View Post
Nobody is going to craft as long as they can sell keys.
I do , you don't .
Come by Memory Alpha during crafting hour . You'll see that I'm not alone .

Also , your premise is that 'everyone' buys keys with Zen .
That's a faulty premise .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Career Officer
# 18
03-22-2013, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
I do , you don't .
Come by Memory Alpha during crafting hour . You'll see that I'm not alone .

Also , your premise is that 'everyone' buys keys with Zen .
That's a faulty premise .
I also craft.

Binding keys = bad.

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
# 19
03-22-2013, 05:52 AM
Making crafting not suck would be a good start to get people crafting again.
Rihannsu
# 20
03-22-2013, 06:03 AM
very bad idea that is not going to happen.

you dont need to burn down your neighbour shop to make people visit yours. crafting needs to be better, not other features made worse.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission