Lieutenant
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
03-22-2013, 06:27 AM
Possibly the worst suggestion since Abraham Lincoln said to Mrs. Lincoln "I'm bored. Lets go down to the theater and see that new play."

And even implementing this very bad idea would not necessarily mean crafted items would suddenly sell better.

Just.... no. Incredibly bad idea.
Career Officer
# 23
03-22-2013, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Making crafting not suck would be a good start to get people crafting again.
This, so much.

Binding keys is a horrible idea. It allows people who don't want to or have the money to spend to open boxes or sell them off for extra cash. If you want crafting to be a useful system again, they need to fix it. Actually, it needs a complete overhaul. New/better items to make, more interesting ways to make them, and remove dil from the process. It needs a real fix and not a reactionary band-aid fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Possibly the worst suggestion since Abraham Lincoln said to Mrs. Lincoln "I'm bored. Lets go down to the theater and see that new play."
/Sulu

Oh myyyyyyy.

/Sulu

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Lieutenant
# 24
03-22-2013, 06:33 AM
Your looking at 2 very different issues. I for one couldnt be happier that the key can be purchased on exchange. However I would like to see some craftable items that where unique and valued reintroduced to the crafting system. Maybe there are but last time I checked there was nothing that I wanted to own that I could craft. This is the heart of the issue.

How about with some ultra rare ingredients from some uber hard mission like hive we could actually craft keys....or ship modules or those thingies that the fleets need to have to give out ships and stuff. What about making all fighters consumable and let us craft those?

To the OP, what else could be made craftable in order to make the profession viable again?

AND i personally wish nothing was bound. I think its stupid that I cant really cash out my kdf captains now that i may have a better option... But at least there are a few things that are trad-able.
I thought I took the Blue Pill.......

Last edited by trintrektron; 03-22-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Lieutenant
# 25
03-22-2013, 07:04 AM
I can't see this having any positive effect on the crafting system. With crafting capped as it is the most desirable items that can be constructed and taken to market are of middling worth ,transient utility and aren't of any consequence in the larger market.

If crafting were revisited and made more robust it might be worth investing time in producing high end items that would be of benefit in the end game. If it were I would return to doing it and manufacture items for my own characters.

In either case why would I purchase worthless gew-gaws and stop gap garbage from you or worthwhile equipment that I could readily produce for myself with very little effort? Your pursuit wouldn't be any less idle if keys were bound. Your crafted items might as well be bound and if they were I doubt anyone would notice.
Commander
# 26
03-22-2013, 07:17 AM
For crafting having some real possibilites, this game would need expertises.
[That's it, Spanish and/or Hispanic Fleet]
L'Ter@lotherus - Alien Sci Officer - Wells/Destroyer
(No quiero mas reputaciones - No more rep!)
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
03-22-2013, 07:24 AM
Bad idea... Crafting is only done by a few who like to do it. I for one cant stand it and I make all my EC off farm missions. With all my toons I can make 5mill a day easy. Making master keys bound would do nothing to help crafting, even before master keys were around crafting wasnt big.
Captain
# 28
03-22-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akurie666 View Post
Selling master keys is more simple and more profitable than crafting. Stop the master key crutch and bring us a reason to craft again!
what has crafting to do with trading?

Basicly what you say is "block how I spend and do with my money".While all other games tend to give more freedom to the player (trading and market are a part of the game) you spew this kind of ideas here to block a very important part of the economy.
Captain
# 29
03-22-2013, 08:03 AM
Another log on the "No" bonfire.

People don't craft because the things you can craft cost a time-limited and very valuable currency, for incredibly minor performance gains over junk that the game buries you in after every major battle. Who in their right mind is going to spend an entire day worth of dilithium to make a single Mark XI Weapon when they can get a Mark XI Weapon that performs 95% as well for effectively nothing.

Also, keys serve a major function for the player economy as a kind of currency. Cryptic likes this because impatient people spend Zen to get keys and then sell their keys for EC. It's a time saving feature for players that makes real money for Cryptic. Win-win.
Captain
# 30
03-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Crafting is severely broken and should be fixed eventually. Trading Lockbox Keys is the official RMT of Star Trek Online. It is a way for Cryptic to get rid of gold farmers. Why take a risk and get Energy Credits from a dubious source when you can get about 1 million EC per dollar spent through the exchange.