Republic Veteran
# 31
03-22-2013, 02:09 AM
This is all a bit childish.

I was right, you were wrong, neener neener!
Captain
# 32
03-22-2013, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimzenwave View Post
/frantically changes "It won't be what you think" forum signature & image.
Nah , keep it .
You'll be vindicated !
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Captain
# 33
03-22-2013, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
You know bragging makes no sense, there's no losers here, since we're all going to be able to play the new content.
I dunno about you but I kinda feel like a looser .
No epic long STF's , no Shadows (errrr I mean Iconian) invasion ... (but we do get the Shadows , errr I mean Iconians 'associates' ) .

I'm also not really jazzed about the Rommy's .
I'm happy 4 those who are , but this update just reminds me the way the grind was introduced :
S.6 = grind
S.7 = more grind

Now it's :
S.7 = Romulans
S. Not 8 = more Romulans

I'm ready for a variation on the Main Theme -- and I do mean more than once a year .
I'm ready for one Season of this , another Season of that . Stop the repeating theme .
That's boring .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Career Officer
# 34
03-22-2013, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphantilles View Post
To all the naysayers who said there would be no Romulan faction, I say:

LOL! In your face!!
This, ladies and gentlemen, is how to handle being right with the least grace and maturity possible.
Ensign
# 35
03-22-2013, 04:02 AM
I've been here since beta and all the crap that's been done since the game came out. The Year of Fail, the broken promises and bones thrown to the Klingon Faction, the joke that was the Galaxy-X Dreadnaugt. And of course the grind, oh lord, the grind.

What worries me all this hype, all this build up and it's gonna fall flat on it's face so hard it'll leave a crater.
Captain
# 36
03-22-2013, 06:55 AM
I would like to see the level of smugness displayed once the "season" is released. I would bet good money that Romulan whines outweigh KDF ones...
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Empire Veteran
# 37
03-22-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
I dunno about you but I kinda feel like a looser .
No epic long STF's , no Shadows (errrr I mean Iconian) invasion ... (but we do get the Shadows , errr I mean Iconians 'associates' ) .

I'm also not really jazzed about the Rommy's .
I'm happy 4 those who are , but this update just reminds me the way the grind was introduced :
S.6 = grind
S.7 = more grind

Now it's :
S.7 = Romulans
S. Not 8 = more Romulans

I'm ready for a variation on the Main Theme -- and I do mean more than once a year .
I'm ready for one Season of this , another Season of that . Stop the repeating theme .
That's boring .
TBH we have no idea about what's going to be the Tholian faction. I hope we'll get at least two new STFs (a ground and a space one) and a new ground set. Why not? If the devs read the forums carefully, they know we want new challenging content. There's been a mega thread about upgrading the old stfs to the Hive level during the season 7 tribble testing. We'll see if they remember it.
Captain
# 38
03-22-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
TBH we have no idea about what's going to be the Tholian faction. I hope we'll get at least two new STFs (a ground and a space one) and a new ground set. Why not? If the devs read the forums carefully, they know we want new challenging content. There's been a mega thread about upgrading the old stfs to the Hive level during the season 7 tribble testing. We'll see if they remember it.
I agree. At least two stfs for the Tholian marks. They will propably feature the tholians as our foes.
Commander
# 39
03-22-2013, 09:35 AM
I never doubted that Romulans would get more a presence in the game, though I must say I'm surprised to see what looks like it may be a full Romulan faction. I was expecting something smaller such as a dual-citizenship type deal where you would start on the Romulan side but eventually start sharing missions with the Federation and KDF with the occasional Romulan specific thing interspersed.

If it's a full faction then I'll be very pleased; I just hope that we'll get a free Romulan character slot like we do for KDF.
# 40
03-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
I agree. At least two stfs for the Tholian marks. They will propably feature the tholians as our foes.
Considering that people had the exact same expectations for New Romulus...and we ended up tagging space rabbits instead, I wouldn't be so sure.