Ensign
# 21 Thank-You Indeed
03-22-2013, 09:51 AM
I'd like to take a second as well to say a big hearty "Thank-You" to Cryptic for their continued efforts to improve the game.

When the countdown timer first appeared my initial thought was that maybe just maybe we were getting the Romulans as a playable faction. My second thought was that there was no way a developer was going to put that much effort time and resources to do something like that on a game of this 'vintage'. Guess I should have stuck with that first instinct!

Thanks again, Cryptic and PWE for continuing to support my favourite MMO so completely so long into its release.
Career Officer
# 22
03-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
And I remember similar sentiments for Season 7 which did little to move this game forward, nothing whatsoever to address long-standing issues and brought with it a plethora of new bugs, most of which have gone unfixed.

My hope, my real hope is that you're being given the time and the resources to do the job that needs to be done - and not something like Defera, Nukara and Nomulus.

Best of luck to you all Taco
Speak for yourself. I enjoyed all the stuff we got with Season 7 (including the Taw Dewa sector and New Romulus. Nothing wrong with what they did for S7 (IMO).
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-22-2013, 10:06 AM
I want to thank Cryptic as well, the new UI looks amazing. It looks like this update will breath fresh life into the game which it desperately needs.
Career Officer
# 24
03-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
I enjoyed all the stuff we got with Season 7 (including the Taw Dewa sector and New Romulus. Nothing wrong with what they did for S7 (IMO).
I enjoyed it as well. With that said, I will admit that after tagging a few thousand eppoh's and Nanovs, repairing the broken down staging area, patrolling/scanning the systems and herding Gekli for the umteenth time, it does get a bit stale. What was added in S7 was a good start. I hope more activities get added that add more variety for Romulan Rep farming.

As for LoR, I'm cautiously optimistic. It looks/sounds great from what we have seen so far. I look forward to seeing what Cryptic can deliver with a decent sized development team they never had before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Commander
# 25
03-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Want to add a great big thank you and encouragement to kick strong to the finish. I swear to you, not every STO player is a whiny, negative and ungrateful person. I love all the things this game does right and the fact that I get to roam around the Trek universe with a custom crew and ship. Keep up the good work and thanks for helping me live out my Trek fantasy!
Rihannsu
# 26
03-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Yes, thank you very much for what looks like an awesome expansion.
Career Officer
# 27
03-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Speak for yourself. I enjoyed all the stuff we got with Season 7 (including the Taw Dewa sector and New Romulus. Nothing wrong with what they did for S7 (IMO).
And I'm glad of that - I really am - because without satisfied players like you putting money into this game I wouldn't have a F2P Star Trek MMO to play.

But just because you're satisfied with mediocrity doesn't mean I have to be - and just because I'd like this game to fulfill its potential doesn't mean that I want it to be any less fun for you.

I've been a harsh critic of STO but a fair one and whilst Cryptic as a company has major failings, I don't attribute them to the artists, programmers and designers - I'm sure they do the best job they can within the mandate they're given and they deserve all the praise and thanks they get.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Commander
# 28
03-22-2013, 11:11 AM
I have 3 character slots to spare for Romulan chars, but I will judge the expanions by what the KDF gets.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Republic Veteran
# 29
03-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by transam83 View Post
This "expansion" is going to suck....its going to be full of BROKEN crap, and bugs that will go unfixed just like it is now.

Quit trying to kiss this company's ass and hand them your wallet like a good drone.
This and your signature are totally ironic since you are here in these forums, like the rest of the rest of the insane drones. Just because you are a noisy drone doesn't make you any less of one.
Captain
# 30
03-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by papasez View Post
there was no way a developer was going to put that much effort time and resources to do something like that on a game of this 'vintage'.
SOE created the Dragonkin playable race for EQ when it was far more Vintage than STO is. Complete with new starting zone, new levelling path, full story line and an expansion to support it.