Lt. Commander
# 21
03-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
We just went from the red-headed stepchild to the dog tied up in the woodshed. I'm not really seeing a lot of cause for celebration unless your being optimistic in defiance of Cryptic's historic trackrecord with Klingons.

Instead of spending the time and money to bring the KDF on par with the Federations, the developed a whole faction. Now the game will be 1 full faction, and 2 half assed factions. The reasoning is obvious, it's a cash grab for players gearing up and leveling a new alt. It doesn't actually improve the state of the game, if anything it makes it worse.
yeah you really know exactly how the other 2 factions will be you know everything that will be added in fact you know everything! Oh and a third faction plus the first 20 levels for kdf "will make the game worse" thats laughable

Last edited by dylantrinidy; 03-22-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
03-22-2013, 10:29 AM
In this presence of gloomy threads related to the KDF since the expansion was announced, I want to join in on the positive one and thank the devs. for what has been done so far, while we wait for more info on it to be uncovered in the upcoming period.

So, thanks devs. for updating the UI and for the option to start a KDF char. as your first one! I want you to know that despite many complaints that would undoubtedly catch your eyes & ears, many of us do apreciate what has been announced for our faction so far.

Brandon, if you're reading this give a pat on the back to the guys at the studio for me and tell them that we are eagerly awaiting to find out more things related to our faction from the upcomming expansion.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 23
03-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
In this presence of gloomy threads related to the KDF since the expansion was announced, I want to join in on the positive one and thank the devs. for what has been done so far, while we wait for more info on it to be uncovered in the upcoming period.

So, thanks devs. for updating the UI and for the option to start a KDF char. as your first one! I want you to know that despite many complaints that would undoubtedly catch your eyes & ears, many of us do apreciate what has been announced for our faction so far.

Brandon, if you're reading this give a pat on the back to the guys at the studio for me and tell them that we are eagerly awaiting to find out more things related to our faction from the upcomming expansion.
Well said.
I second this!
Captain
# 24
03-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post

Me too.

KDF is getting more content, and people should appreciate that.

Cryptic could have just left the KDF as it is, and added the romulans as the second starter faction to the Federation, yet they included the Klingons too.
Career Officer
# 25
03-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumstar View Post
I give a whole hearted thank you to the Cryptic team for coming through for the KDF. We can now start at lvl 1 which was one of the main hindrances to the KDF faction and was one of the reasons for our low numbers over here. I truly appreciate all the hard work everyone at Cryptic put in to make this happen.
Agreed! Having started a Klink character twice before I never really became invested due to complete lack of content. This is exciting stuff and I look forward to starting officially from lvl 1 ! Thus, thank you Cryptic!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-22-2013, 03:51 PM
I understand some of the trepidation expressed by some of the folks that have been here for awhile, they've had the rug pulled out from under their feet before But Cryptic has posted start at lvl 1 on the web page, something they haven't done in the past. I don't think they would do this if they didn't intend or think they could deliver it. Some think the thank you is premature but I heard the Devs put in 60 hr weeks for this to happen. I heard, but can't substantiate it, that the Company's intention was to leave the KDF like it was but the Dev's worked the extra hours to get the KDF the ability to start at lvl 1. That's time they spent away from their families and things they like to do so we could finally have what we've been asking for.

Yes all that could be just a rumor and it could turn out that it doesn't happen. And yes my thank you could be premature but remember we here on the forums are quick to criticize the Dev's based on rumors and heresay so if my thank you is premature then it makes up for the times I've jumped the other way and hurled criticsm at them prematurely.
Empire Veteran
# 27
03-22-2013, 05:47 PM
If there is the content we have been waiting for then I will happily thank the dev's for finally doing it, if it's anything else it will probably be the final nail in the coffin.

I will await till I make my final judgement. I have learnt with this game and company to keep my hopes extremely low so I am not disappointed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"