Captain
# 41
03-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
He is voicing his opinion and we are voicing ours, binding keys would not be an improvement and would have no bearing on crafting whatsoever, the 2 are completely separate issues.
The only way for crafting to become competitive is if there are craftable items introduced that are unique, competitive with or superior to high end gear and only available through crafting. Right now that is not the case and closing the key market would not change the fact that superior items can be had in game by means other than crafting.
I'd settle for crafted gear that's competitive with, not superior to, STF sets. But that's just me.
Starfleet Veteran
# 42
03-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
I'd settle for crafted gear that's competitive with, not superior to, STF sets. But that's just me.
For what the crafting mats cost, I'd have to have slightly superior gear for me to start crafting again.
Career Officer
# 43
03-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Simple answer to a dumb idea... NO.

I didnt craft that much before lockboxes and until the system is brought to the point of being useful I wont be crafting again, at least not for fun and profit.

I only craft to make useful things for my alts, and I never make anything that costs dilithium.
InGame - @Darth_Tauri
Joined - 9/2011
"You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
Captain
# 44
03-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
For what the crafting mats cost, I'd have to have slightly superior gear for me to start crafting again.
Ideally a pass on the crafting system to add new items would include a reduction in the absurd costs associated with crafting. I thought that was implied, my apologies.
Commander
# 45
03-22-2013, 01:21 PM
I've been to alpha and the part that I thought that sucked the most is I still don't know how to craft the MK XII purple consoles I need/want...And given the prices people ask on the exchange crafting them myself seems to be the only viable option I'm looking for the phaser and disruptor tact consoles and science/eng would be nice as well...If somebody could be so kind as post a how to vid on that alone i would be ever so grateful.

And to bring crafting to the next level we need more options that can only be available if you crafted it yourself.
Starfleet Veteran
# 46
03-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic2door View Post
I've been to alpha and the part that I thought that sucked the most is I still don't know how to craft the MK XII purple consoles I need/want...And given the prices people ask on the exchange crafting them myself seems to be the only viable option I'm looking for the phaser and disruptor tact consoles and science/eng would be nice as well...If somebody could be so kind as post a how to vid on that alone i would be ever so grateful.

And to bring crafting to the next level we need more options that can only be available if you crafted it yourself.
I'm pretty sure you cant craft mk XII purple consoles. I've only ever seen them drop as loot on elite STF runs.

Somebody confirm?
Starfleet Veteran
# 47
03-22-2013, 01:39 PM
You can craft mk XII consoles, just not through the crafting system. That's a duty officer thing, uses the strange alien artifacts and powered alien artifacts to generate a random mk XI-XII console.
Starfleet Veteran
# 48
03-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
You can craft mk XII consoles, just not through the crafting system. That's a duty officer thing, uses the strange alien artifacts and powered alien artifacts to generate a random mk XI-XII console.
Oh, good point. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Thats STO not WOW; you cant expect something, that works great in one game, is great too in another game.. Every MMOG has their good working and bad working mechanisms.

And binding keys on Character wont help crafting. Crafting in STO is a bad working mechanism, so let it be and do something different to get ECs. There are plenty ways.
Republic Veteran
# 50
03-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akurie666 View Post
Nobody is going to craft as long as they can sell keys.
Nobody is gonna craft even if they make them bound, crafting is useless because the stats suck and you can buy stuff leaps and bound superior from fleet store.

There really is almost nothing worth crafting and making keys bound won't change that.