Starfleet Veteran
# 11
03-22-2013, 11:01 AM
They'll probably just fix it up with it being the same design I mean a major refit/redesign after only a year in service is kind of excessive.
Career Officer
# 12
03-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Once again a reminder of not only how tough these constitution class ships actually are but more importantly, how poorly the writers devised the Enterprise D's demise in generations! (Saucer section crash excluded of course - that was pretty neat)

Love this ship and doubt they will get rid of her any time soon. This is during her first five year mission after all (unless I am mistaken) so I am guessing that there will be at least another full movie with this ship and her imminent refit maybe by the end of the third film. Wishful thinking?
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Captain
# 13
03-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiap View Post
At least I hope it does. I'd pay money to see that. Maybe it got shredded because it has a brewery instead of an engine room.
The hops ferment the Dilithium matrix, giving it that extra get up and go!

Quote:
If that's the case maybe for the third film we'll have an Enterprise that looks- and is sized- the way the Enterprise should be.
Abrams is still on board to at least produce the third film. So your hopes and tears mean nothing.
Captain
# 14
03-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiap View Post
I'd pay money to see that. Maybe it got shredded because it has a brewery instead of an engine room.

Everybody knows Scotty makes things better when there's alcohol involved.
Lieutenant
# 15
03-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Abrams is still on board to at least produce the third film. So your hopes and tears mean nothing.
There will probably 5 to 6 movies in total honestly. Between Trek and Star Wars, there is a lot that could be done.
"The Easiest Day, was Yesterday"
Captain
# 16
03-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamericax View Post
There will probably 5 to 6 movies in total honestly. Between Trek and Star Wars, there is a lot that could be done.
But the JJ-Prise is most likely not going anywhere in this film or the next. Abrams will keep his ship flying.