Captain
Ground & Space: Allies & Enemy NPCs Keep Vanishing
Pretty much what the title says. When you and the NPCs engage in combat, the species with special cloaking abilities vanish entirely. If you setup allies to help you, they will also vanish from the map. Jem'Hadar, Romulan, etc... When some of the enemy npcs take damage, they vanish without the animated death sequence. Others die after one shot. Its weird.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Last edited by linyive; 03-19-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
03-19-2013, 12:56 PM
I often see them do this on a map in preview, but it usually goes away after publish.

Are you encountering this on a published mission?
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Captain
# 3
03-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I often see them do this on a map in preview, but it usually goes away after publish.

Are you encountering this on a published mission?
Nopper. I haven't published the new content. I will have to try it out.

Thanks.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
03-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Yep give that a try. If it works fine, then no worries and its just the same preview weirdness we've had off and on since S7 dropped. If it's still doing it, then you've got a problem.

Also, and this is for anyone who sees this, when you make a bug report, it's good to post the mission name and its numerical code. Even if it isn't published, this allows Crypticfrost or whomever else from the QA/Dev team to go in and look at it if they feel they need to in order to find the problem.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
03-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Yep give that a try. If it works fine, then no worries and its just the same preview weirdness we've had off and on since S7 dropped. If it's still doing it, then you've got a problem.

Also, and this is for anyone who sees this, when you make a bug report, it's good to post the mission name and its numerical code. Even if it isn't published, this allows Crypticfrost or whomever else from the QA/Dev team to go in and look at it if they feel they need to in order to find the problem.
It seems like you've got everything handled here.
Rihannsu
# 6
03-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Ground & Space: Allies & Enemy NPCs Keep Vanishing
Pretty much what the title says. When you and the NPCs engage in combat, the species with special cloaking abilities vanish entirely. If you setup allies to help you, they will also vanish from the map. Jem'Hadar, Romulan, etc... When some of the enemy npcs take damage, they vanish without the animated death sequence. Others die after one shot. Its weird.

Is anyone else having this issue?
You will often find in space that they have simply jumped to the dead centre of the map rather than actually disappeared.

ground, im not quite sure on where they go. publishing always seems to solve it.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Rihannsu
# 7
03-20-2013, 11:11 AM
On ground they usually warp to the 0/0/0 point, USUALLY.... I have found at least one ground map(Barge of the Dead) where they DON'T warp to there and I'm not sure why not.... The catch is that on a lot of ground maps the 0/0/0 point is outside the map geometry. This is one way that Barge of the Dead is different. The 0/0/0 point is actually located somewhere that you could position a platform and walk to. In the Barge map they disappear under the floor.... uh, kinda like that one bug where NPCs were falling through the floor in the Gates of Grethor mission... which uses the same base map.

In space, the 0/0/0 point is the center of the map.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 8
03-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Well, thanks everyone. I didn't realize everyone had similar experiences.

Rihannsu
# 9
03-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Well, I was tinkering yesterday and noticed a few other things that caught my attention.

1: the DS9 Shutdown map has a section seperate from the rest of the map with the power core. The 0/0/0 point is inside there, and that's where your Boffs disappear to....

2: the Bajor VII indoor map does something weird.... It MIGHT be that your boffs are respawning inside the map, I think the 0/0/0 point is high in the air on the top level. But whenever your Boffs disappear they REappear and try to find you, sometimes they disappear several times....

3: NGC-4447, like the Barge of the Dead, this map has screwball stuff happen. The 0/0/0 point is inside the map in one of the dead end corridors(I think). BUT the weird thing is that your Boffs and enemies warp to a DIFFERENT corridor. Why? no idea. SOMETIMES they'll warp to a location outside the map, but not always.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.